ST Unearthed: Trash

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by theriatis, Jan 21, 2013.

1. theriatis Active Member

Hi,

is it just me, or is the Trash in Sleepers Tomb a little bit over the Top ?

I mean, as a Caster, who is mostly in a group without a Warder and/or in a Group where the Healer has only one Groupcure... i am mostly dead. I use most of my Cure Potions on Sleepers Tomb Trash and die anyway.

What a laughable Fact is, that we're killing Nameds without any Problems and start wiping on Trash.

So, is there any other tactic than getting 2 Healers in every Group (or at least a Healer with more than one Groupheal) to stop dieing without end ?
    I'm talking of those tripple-drakota or triple-ghosts which kill us (three times double layered trauma effect... at the same time... ?!)

I don't know if others have the same Problems or if it's just us.

Regards, theriatis.
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

Not just you, I avoid ST groups even though I need the shinies because of the trash being so brutal. Kinda like early skyshrine. Ya know where the Curse disarmed the group and AE-Stifled you? I feel it will be fixed at some point. My biggest issue was the power drains on ST trash. I was Duo-ing named but we wiped on trash.
  3. Kalderon Well-Known Member

The powerdrain somewhat upsets me, the ae could be avoided, if you keep a save distance, almost like the raidversion, or you just have to joust.... well, bothways, the healer needs to be real good o_O
  4. theriatis Active Member

Hi,
    ah, sorry, was talking about the Raidversion of the Zone :oops:. But yeah, the Group Version of the Zone is also my least favorite.
    Regards, theriatis.
  5. Estred Well-Known Member

The raid version you say? Hm, I haven't noticed a real problem with the raid one... but given the guild I am in that is expected. I cannot offer proper perspective other than an HM-Geared Guild just melts the trash and actually some of the named are more of a pain.

Edit: Sleepers Tomb
    - Unearthed
    - Temporal Leap
    - Forgotten Ruins

Yeah they blur together in my head :confused:
  6. theriatis Active Member

Hi,
    it's not that we are not able to kill the Trash... but... mostly, beforehand, it kills us :) At least part of us.
    Whereas we don't have any Problems with the (EM) Nameds in there, zoneclear and all... but the Trash is a Pain
    in the... Raid ;-)
    No perfect Raidsetting, no Healer with more than one Groupcure and you're dead. That's what troubles me.
    (I should relocate to Haven, i heard Troubled People can have a home there :))
    Regards, theriatis.
  7. Kalderon Well-Known Member

The trash can hit hard at aoe, but if you take a step back and joust aoe, it should not hit that hard and mostly do come through this. We do clear hole zone, inc hm (not the last one yeah ^^).
  8. Estred Well-Known Member

Yeah, Amalgamon is on Kharma's "look at" table now that we cleared PoW. Bastion too, it's nice to get out of PoW though we still farm it as some good stuffs there and fun fights.
    Kalderon likes this.
  9. Chronus Active Member

The main issue is 3 linked trash casting their aoe at the same time or within 5 seconds of eachother, as a caster in a group without a shaman you sound like you're in the mage group and so should have a fury or inq solo healing you. If fury tshell then just stay out for the next ones, if inq rotate DG and equilibrium then stay out if neither is up, both have enough group cures. Also benefaction/opitulation helps.

Basically it's HM Drunder trash back in the good ol' days all over again.
  10. Thalador Active Member

This 100%.
  11. Estred Well-Known Member

But is it whollistically a bad thing? Drunder Hm-Trash was avoidable as are these. A prepared raid shouldn't die to it if they know it is coming. It may be annoying but maybe it's the games way of saying "Pay attention!" :D
    Lempo and Kalderon like this.
  12. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Nothing more to say, it´s more like the first AoEs that hit very hard, but you must stay at distance if you can´t stand it, last night... or the night before, we where into this again, only those died which where to close at the first aoe hits.
  13. Bouncing Skull Active Member

This hits the nail right on the head. People get in a mind numbing button mashing DPS mode on trash and charge in soft parts all hanging out on each pull. You simply cannot do that. Its old school rules. If you dont have AE blockers, you stay the heck out until the tanks gets them turned and you see the overlapping AE's go off. After that, DPS to your hearts content. If your raid is putting out decent numbers, you will have most of the trash dead before its AE cycles again. If it does, you should have your mob casting bar enabled and see when its time to get out.
    Kalderon and Estred like this.