ST Crashes Nvidia driver just past entrance (only)

Discussion in 'Performance Support' started by ARCHIVED-Cozumel, Sep 24, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Cozumel Guest

nVidia Quadro FX-580 using latest WHQL drivers 305.93 (Aug 28, 2012), Win-7 64-bit Quad-Core.

Only zone in the game that does this, went walking past the main entrance to ST (the new zone in EW), just past the first 3 golems, my screen flashes, poop/garbage goes across screeen, unable to move, and eventually task-manage kill... Relogin, if I move, same deal, have to COV, or COH to someone or call to guild... Once past (up the steps in first room), graphics are fine.

Went into windowed mode, and I can see a message (nVidia kernel driver has crashes, and "recovered"...over and over).

There's no diagnostic log to give...but it's consistent. The machine is an HP Z400 Xeon.

I also tried on "extreme performance" (reducing additional rendering, etc..) No difference.
  2. ARCHIVED-deadcrickets2 Guest

I doubt that workstation video cards are supported in the game even if they do work. They are tuned differently through software. That would make me wonder if possibly the new zones are doing DX calls that may not be supported properly by the Quadro drivers.
  3. ARCHIVED-TSR-SeanF Guest

If you have not already done so, please open a support ticket with us including your dxdiag and msinfo files so we can take a look at your system to obtain more information about your current issue. You can open a support ticket with us at the following link:
    http://help.station.sony.com/app/as...nlncDM3bA%3D%3D
  4. ARCHIVED-Roast22 Guest

This has been happening in game for a long while now (at least a year). It happens in the Qeynos guild hall outside in the courtyard area also. It happens in a few other zones also but is not common. It seems contained to nvida cards and the zone art will crash the graphic's driver which for me at least recovers after 30 secs or so.
    I have no issues with other games, this only occures in eq2 and has been present in most itterations of the nvida drivers (i say most as i've not used all drivers over the last year)
  5. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Roast22 wrote:
    Roast, I'd suggest submitting a ticket as well. It may be on our side, but want to make sure we clear out the possibilities that it can cause it from the client side.
  6. ARCHIVED-Aoste Guest

Cozumel wrote:
    I have exaktly the same problem and i still have it in a few other zones too like "pow" !
    at the moment it hapens very often and this is very bad, two other player of our rf have the same problems ans only in eq2.
    I have a 8800gts 512 nvidia card, c2d8400 ,4 gb ram
  7. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Aoste wrote:
    I'd suggest submitting a ticket as well. You can even PM either TSR SeanF or myself your ticket reference number so we can personally look into it!
  8. ARCHIVED-Aoste Guest

Done.
    I have send you a pm with the ticketnumber.
  9. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Aoste wrote:
    Cool I'm looking over it right now, thank you.
  10. ARCHIVED-Aoste Guest

The crashes an graphicproblems in pow and sleepers tomb looks like solved since the last fix.
    I have try it in both zones (x4) without any crashes and graphicbugs. Thanks for this :)
  11. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Aoste wrote:
    Woot! Glad to know it's better. We are still watching the zones closely just in case. Keep us updated!