SSAO only works when I have a target.

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Mergatroid, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Mergatroid New Member

Pretty much what the title says. Targeting anything enables the corner shading applied by SSAO. It goes away when I clear my target. Any ideas why this might be happening?
    Coolit likes this.
  2. Utnac New Member

Bump, have the same. It's quite annoying.
  3. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

Is it possible for you to take a video or screenshot and post it here? It'll help give us a better picture of what's going on.
  4. Utnac New Member

There's a quick and dirty video taken off my iPhone because it's all I have. I know the quality is terrible but hopefully you can see as I click off and on the NPCs the wall behind going brighter/darker as SSAO turns itself on/off. Reproducable on any NPC around the world, sometimes simply hovering over the character/item is enough but this seems to be random.

The game's running on a retina MBP on Windows 7 with the latest official drivers.
    Coolit likes this.
  5. Utnac New Member

Update on the off chance someone from support ever looks at this again:

A complete reformat and reinstall of everything including the latest nVidia drivers did nothing to fix the problem.
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

I've noticed this as well. I'm not sure when it happened but I noticed a while back a odd flicker on textures when I was playing but didn't know what was causing it until I read this thread. Then I tested that, and sure enough this is exactly what I've been seeing.

I also see it even if I just mouse over npcs or harvest nodes.

*this is with GPU shadows on since ambient occlusion doesn't seem to work at all with no shadows on & everything goes weird when I use it with CPU shadows (though you can still see the flicker when you target/untarget things) *
  7. Coolit New Member