SPRING ROAD TRIP!!!!

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Cyrrena, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

[Player note: I can't handle eating molluscs at all, but Uwk has no problem with anything that lives in the water. ;->]

Uwk comes back from sharpening his claws on a nearby tree and gleefully pounces on the tentacle! Then he remembers he got his axe back from the Pouch of Holding Sharp Things When You Go Into an Amusement Park and whacks off a tip, which he starts chewing on...then remembers the bus and cuts it free! :D

"Look, think of it this way. It's not fudge any more, just salt water taffy. :)" --Uwk

Uwk
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Good Morning ROAD TRIPPERS!!!!

*giggles at Ttobey* Silly Ratonga, our ROAD TRIP is not over, we have at least a week left, these 2 nights in the Great Smokey Mountains are just our last 2 nights of camping/glamping!! Thank you Uwkete, you saved the bus, and apparently Ttobey didn't learn he cannot derail the ROAD TRIP!!!! What does Kraken taste like Uwk? Your fish looks yummy and your potato/onion pouches smell great Schmet. Don't run out of steam yet Breanna, we have Florida and the super special secret stop left!!!

Alrighty everybody we have all day to explore the Great Smokey Mountain National Park, then we have a barbecue at 7 pm at the campsite. Have your requests in to the chefs and bakers by 2 pm, since this is our last one they have promised it will be extra special. Another night around the campfire and your choice of camping or glamping.

Saturday morning after breakfast, we are off to Kitty Hawk, North Carolina to visit the stomping errr flying grounds of Orville and Wilbur Wright. Kitty Hawk is a beach town with trails cutting through the Kitty Hawk Woods Coastal Reserve, which is home to otters and turtles. There are some nice boardwalks and piers with some great views of the Atlantic ocean. We actually have to bop on over a short distance away to the nearby town of Kill Devil Hills to visit the Wright Brothers National Memorial which explores Aviation history. We will stay in this area until about 3 pm and then port on down to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina for a quick stop at Myrtle Manor!!! I could not be this close and not see it for myself. I wont take more than an hour. Then we will port down to Panama City, Florida and get settled in our Virtual 5 Star Resort and have a nice dinner at 7 pm. They have full amenities so we will have a lot of time to enjoy the spa facilities, the pools, the jacuzzis, the saunas, or just relax in our rooms. I have scheduled a full service cocktail hour at 6 pm for anybody that would like to attend, prior to dinner.

Sunday, we are visiting Shipwreck Island Water Park!!! Maybe they will have some Othmir and some shells since Kitty Hawk has Otters? About 3 pm, we will be porting to Orlando, Florida and settling into our Virtual 5 Star Resort and Spa. We will more than likely be staying in this resort for 6 days before heading to our final stop on the SPRING ROAD TRIP, the super secret special stop that only I know about!!!!

Lets get out there and hike, walk, look at trees and mountains, find critters and just enjoy the wild, then head back for our final barbecue and our final camping and glamping before heading into the last leg of our journey in Florida!!!!

Have a great day ROAD TRIPPERS!!!!
  3. Breanna Well-Known Member

Is the secret special stop at Ttobey's house LOL LOL LOL :eek:
  4. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

It certainly is not!
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  5. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

As far as I am concerned the Kraken took care of everyone.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well! With all those legs, he was a most attentive bartender, that's for sure. ;->

And he didn't even hold that li'l tentacle tip removal against me. Such a gentlesquid. :)

Uwk
    who thinks raw Kraken pretty much tastes like calamari sushi ;->
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

We would not break anything. This is virtual after all. Hmm.. a song in there somewhere.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Good Morning ROAD TRIPPERS!!!

*giggles uncontrollably, but makes attempts to stop so she can fill the ROAD TRIPPERS in on the itinerary* That was a good one Breanna, I didn't even think of going to Ttobey's House, maybe we should drop him off at his house after the super secret special final stop? I wondered why there was a kraken tending bar last night, so you tamed him, good job Uwkete! *whispers* Don't mind him Gero, he is cranky sometimes, we might just deliver him directly to his house and you are right, we wouldn't break anything, we are well behaved, most of the time.

Here we are in Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. They have the original "air strip" used by the Wright Brothers cordoned off, its not really an air strip, its more like a large backyard. The house they lived in and the garage they tinkered about with their plans in is about 50 feet away. If you look to the Southeast from here, you can just see the edge where the boardwalks begin, they are within walking distance of here. According to a gentleman I spoke to here at the "Air Strip" there is a guided tour at the Wright Brothers National Aviation Memorial in Kill Devil Hills every hour on the hour, he said it takes about 12 minutes or so to drive there. So if we are there by 2 pm we will be good on our schedule for the day. After the tour, we will port down to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, so I can see Myrtle Manor. Its a short walk to the beach. So anybody that doesn't want to see Myrtle Manor can have a jaunt to the beach, we meet back at the buses by 4 pm and its off to Panama City, Florida so we can check in to our Virtual 5 Star Resort and relax for the rest of the day and night. Remember full service cocktail hour at 6 pm and dinner at 7 pm.

Tomorrow, we will be going to Shipwreck Island Water Park. Maybe they will have some Othmir and shells since Kitty Hawk has otters? About 3 pm we will be porting to Orlando to check into our Virtual 5 Star Resort and Spa. We will be staying there at least 6 days. So get comfy and feel at home, this time you can actually unpack your clothes a bit!!

Lets have a great Saturday ROAD TRIPPERS!!! Now I am going to wander down to that boardwalk, I smell food, cotton candy and probably fudge and the otters are supposed to be down there as well.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Under the boardwalk down by the sea, on blanket with ttobey that's were ill be.
    From the park you hear the happy sound of the carousel
    You can almost taste the hotdogs and French fries they sell,
    Under the boardwalkdown by the seeeeaaa
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah, the Wright Brothers...from Ohio. As was John Glenn. As was Neil Armstrong. :D

Hmm...I could say something snarky at this point, like if I was from Ohio, I'd want to get as far away as possible, too... ;->
    /rapidly_ducking

Seriously, visiting the birthplace of modern aviation (one could make an argument for the Montgolfier Brothers and their balloon, or possibly whatever ancient pre-Columbian South American noble might've come up with the Condor I idea...) is massively cool! I'll definitely go for the Guided Tour at the Kitty Hawk museum. :)

(And you're welcome, Cy, for services rendered. ;->)

Uwk
    who ponders: isn't a "kitty hawk" a griffon...? o_O
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Or the man in Brazil with the steam powered engine. He supposedly flew in the 1890s.
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Good Afternoon ROAD TRIPPERS!!!!!

How are you enjoying Shipwreck Island Water Park? I am sure I saw Pixi and Prox wearing Pirate costumes with parrots on their shoulders terroriz...err greeting other guest with "ARGH Me Matey's and Avast ye landlubber, prepare to walk the plank and other friendly Teir'Dal Pirate greetings. I think I saw Gero and Gninja tinkering about with the cannons on the ships as well, they could be in for a BIG surprise later. We still have a couple more hours here before we head on out to Orlando to check in to our Virtual 5 Star Resort and Spa. Remember to get comfy in this one since we will be here a while. Those that wish to, will even have time to port to their homes for time with loved ones for Father's Day.

Tomorrow and Tuesday, Epcot Center, Universal Studios and Universal's Islands of Adventure. We have all inclusive park passes, so you may go to each one as you like. You can go back and forth. We are not roped into spending any certain amount of time at any single one of the parks, except for the Universal Studios Tour which I have scheduled for Tuesday morning at 8:00 it is a 2 hour tour. If we find we want another day here, we have the option to extend our passes for up to 72 hours. So let me know.

Have a great Sunday ROAD TRIPPERS and Happy Father's Day to our Dad ROAD TRIPPERS and to the familial dads of all of our ROAD TRIPPERS.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

AH when we get to Orlando we just have to stop the worlds biggest Mac Donalds , it's gargantuan, over large, giant and really big.
    As far as I remember this MD has a building with 3 floors a play structure from basement to the roof, and all sords of kinds of food , like Mc Piza or Haeagendace icecream, hotdogs and pastaand cutom made omlets.
    They got an arcade
    And I think at least our small races could feel like a kid again and go into the tubes going weeeeee into a ball pit.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

EPCOT!!! Yes yes yes! :D

And the Harry Potter stuff at Universal? :D

Uwk
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Good Morning ROAD TRIPPERS!!!!

Outstanding day yesterday at Shipwreck Island Water Park!! I hope all the ROAD TRIPPERS and dad ROAD TRIPPERS that ported home to spend time with family had great days as well. This Resort is AB FAB!!! There is everything you can think of, I went on walk about early this morning and there is even a little doggie daycare and spa where they can be massaged and groomed and have pedicures!!! I don't have a dog anymore or I would port home and get it just so it could have a vacation as well. I am guessing by the excitement over the Epcot and Harry Potter stuff at Universal that we want another day there, so I went ahead and extended our all access passes to cover Monday through Wednesday.

Well what shall we do first I vote for Epcot!!!! I have never been here and always wanted to go. I have never been to Florida at all!!! So much to see and do. We can spend all day here or jump over to see the Harry Potter stuff then come back here. Or pop over to Islands of Adventure, that one the only thing is a boat must be taken and it leaves at every hour on the hour and on the half hour as well. So if we want to pop over there we need to make sure we are at the dock to catch the boat at the appropriate times. All of these parks are open until midnight and reopen at 6 am. All three have full service restaurants as well as junk food concessions. I read that Epcot also has a shop that sells working mini replicas of a lot of their attractions, this should be a Gnomish paradise and I predict lots of house item shopping.

Lets get moving ROAD TRIPPERS!!!! I cannot wait any longer....*group speed buffs everybody and takes off running*
  16. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I love Epcot! I've wanted to see the Harry Potter stuff also, for years!

By the way, I forgot about one of Utah's newest attractions: https://www.evermore.com/
    Maybe next road trip?
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

that place looks like's lot's of fun.

And Cyrrena I think's this is a time's we's should's use our time warp AGAIN.
    to much to do's for the time we's got's.
    you's have to go to the European village in Epcot i's lovely and don't miss the fireworks at the end of the day.
    and the globe coming out of the big lake and and and.
  18. Breanna Well-Known Member

WOO HOO let's go :p:D:p
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

When I was a kid, Disney World had just recently opened, and since we had a little (40 acres; tiny, considered a "family farm" level place) orange grove that sent all of our juice oranges to the Donald Duck cannery (do NOT, I repeat, NOT, drink real orange juice out of a metal can of any sort, especially steel; it tastes HORRIBLE that way :-/), we could've gotten grower discounts to the place. My mom refused to go, since she didn't like crowds or amusement parks (or amusement, pretty much, of any sort. Sigh). :(

Hence, virtual trip as Uwk! :D

Uwk
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link! That looks extremely cool! :D

Maybe the summer trip? ;)

Uwk
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.