SPRING ROAD TRIP!!!!

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Cyrrena, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Chocolate, chocolate ! I like chocolate and chocolate likes me !

I like canoes to, heyo ! Paddle my canoe ! Just no chocolate eating while paddling my canoe !
  2. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Isn't spring over yet?
  3. Breanna Well-Known Member

This is a LONG roadtrip and then we're doing another one I think in the summer not sure about that though LOL

All this virtual stuff is great we get to eat and shop and have all kinds of fun with out spending rl money. Best trip I've ever been on.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

My fitness center heard about this road trip and they send an invite to all those oversized adventurers who came along for the
    waist line busting trip ( bends down trying to see her paws ) ( groans ).
    I's just know's it I's get sucked in those caves.
  5. Pijotre Well-Known Member

Rat(onga)s love caves its their natural home, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!
    From tomorrow onward I'm on a RL trip to Meran, Italy ( LInk ) so I'll be more quiet again here, but will catch up if I can find some time.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Followed the link to Merano/Meran and got all excited; "Ooh! We were there on the European tour in RL! That's near Venice with all the cool glass and -- oh, no, hang on, that's MURANO..." D'oh! :-/

Gorgeous mountain town, this one is! Thanks for the link! :)

Enjoy! :D

Uwk
  7. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Have a great trip, Pijotre!
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

be very , very quiet ( sneaks around grandpas place ) I am hunting strawberries.
    Oh no mushroom man attacking , argh the trees are alive with the sound of yikes:eek:.
    mamma iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIK ( runs for the hills )
    Falls down ledge and ends up in a pond , splash . AAAh it's water cress season and water chest nut too.
    This place is dangerous. Crawls out of the pond iiiiiuuuuh I am covered in leeches.
    ( looks around ) where am I ? where is there a path ?" help , help HEEEEEELLLLLP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
    No , no I am part of the food chain , and I am not on top anymore, this mosquitoes are eating me alive.
    somebody taps me on my shoulder " murderers killers wild beasts " !!!!!!! argh
    Cyrrena looks at me like I am something out of the movie "the swamp thing " and asks me if I want to come on a hike through
    her grandfathers place or if I want to stay in the city fountain .
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

No, spring officially ends on June 21st which is the date that Summer begins and our SPRING ROAD TRIP melds into our SUMMER ROAD TRIP!!!!
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Good Day ROAD TRIPPERS!!!

How are we enjoying our tour of Meramec Caverns? Did you like that one little area where you have to crawl in that little tiny hole on your hands and knees for about 25 feet with someone in front of you and their backside is about 2 feet from your face and your backside is about 2 feet from someone else's face behind you before you can stand up all to see a small little formation that looks like a blooming lily? Then you get to do it all again to get back out. Great stuff spelunking!!!! And the tour still has a couple more hours to go.

Then we head to my grandfather's land which is still all wilderness land and there is nothing built within more than 100 miles other than the highway which is more than 25 miles away, so it will be very dark at night and very quiet, and very isolated. You still have about an hour to get any special requests in to the chefs and the bakers for our barbecue this evening since we are camping and/or glamping. I personally, shall be trying the camping in one of the tents!!

Tomorrow, we will be going to Mammoth Cave, Kentucky. This will be two days. This is a cave system that is over 400 miles long. They also have Diamond Caverns, Hidden River Cave, Lost River Cave, Mammoth Onyx Cave, Onyx Cave, and Outlaw Cave. There are also above ground things to do, like fishing, canoeing, boating, waterskiing, kangaroos, dinosaurs, rollercoasters, horseback rides, ziplining, and balloon rides. Additionally, museums, farmer's markets, antique shops, gift shops, and seasonal festivals. I have booked a Virtual 5 Star Resort and Spa but there is also camping facilities I have booked for those that wish that option.

Enjoy our Friday and our camping and glamping!!!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Driving my floating car, its floating 2 meters above the ground. Watch out for tree limbs. Good for small excursions, bears cannot get inside. I think.
  12. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Count me out of crawling through that tiny hole... <shudder>. I am so NOT a spelunker. Where there's room enough to walk caves can be interesting, though!
  13. Breanna Well-Known Member

Agreed Rosy /shudders too. Besides I don't like having someone's butt in my face :D
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I's am a little skinny ( well not so skinny anymore ) ratonga and I's got's stuck and's my tail was tickling Gero's noses
    and he went Hashui and blew me out .
    Me's flew out of the hole like a rocket rat .
  15. Breanna Well-Known Member

Schmet you are so funny LMAO
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

did you ever go to Karlsbad caverns ? in south New Mexico ?
    And watch the giant flock of bats come out of the cave at sun set ?
    To bad that place is in the middle of nowhere Rosswell is also there only bigger town in the whole area
    not a good shopping place for fancy ladies , unless your in the market for aliens.
    I don't remember anymore's where it was , but we went to a cavern where you needed a flashlight , because they would turn of the little light they had's in there so you can see's how it is to explore a cave ( besides the paved path )

you bet I cleaned myself after that crawling through that cave I jumped into the hot tub in the hotel
    just kidding :p.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I've been to both Carlsbad and Mammoth caves back when I was a very young thing; I really hope my dad's slides of those trips have survived, 'cause what I vaguely remember of them was that they were gorgeous. Don't remember the crawling bit; I guess as a kid, that would've been fun, but nowadays, while I don't have claustrophobia (it's a kitty thing... "A teeny, narrow box! I fits, I sits! No prob'!"), I get really, really unnerved being anywhere under several bajillion tons of rock overhead (or even in a house basement; those things are just wrong), after being born and raised in a state with way too many fault lines. :-/

Uwk
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

we's crawled through that cave or squeeeezes through in Meramec caveses , not Carlsbad .
    More caves es today.
  19. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

*Stretches and Yawns* Good Morning ROAD TRIPPERS!!! I tried camping and I won!!!! I made it through the night in a tent, Schmet was with me in the room next door so all was good. I even had us enjoying our Friday on Thursday, because today is Friday!!!

Here we are in Mammoth Cave, Kentucky. So much to do and so little time. Ok we have all the time in the world!! This stop will actually last all weekend due to the tour times imposed by the National Park Service. So here is our schedule, I had to make reservations in advance:

Today, Friday: 9:45 am Grand Avenue Tour
    2:30 pm Violet City Lantern Tour

Saturday: 8:45 am Gothic Avenue Tour
    6:30 pm Star Chamber

Sunday 10 am - 2 pm Discovery Tour

The rest of the day on Friday, in between the activities on Saturday, and after the Tour on Sunday there are lots of outdoor above ground activities to enjoy, or you can do the mini-cave tours that are 1/2 hour to an hour. I avoided the tours that required crawling and such as some didn't seem to like the crawling and squeezing at Meramec. There are some walking tours to look at birds, rivers, and critters with park rangers. As well as fishing, canoeing, boating, waterskiing, kangaroos, dinosaurs, rollercoasters, horseback rides, ziplining, and balloon rides. Additionally, museums, farmer's markets, antique shops, gift shops, and seasonal festivals. I have booked a Virtual 5 Star Resort and Spa but there is also camping facilities I have booked a large group site for those that wish that option.

Monday, off to Ohio we go. First stop, The Wilds in Cumberland, Ohio, from there, its on to Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio. We also need to hit some Amish farmers markets so we can get some really good cheese for Schmet, some really nice quilts, and some good jam. If anybody has any other stops for Ohio, speak up. After Ohio, if on to Hershey, Pennsylvania!!!

Happy Caving ROAD TRIPPERS!!!!!!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

if we stops in Cincinnati we's can go on the duck boat and buy Queen city sausages and some really good German bread at the Finely market.
    And and and we's can go to the best Hofbrauhaus outside of Munich.