SPRING ROAD TRIP!!!!

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Cyrrena, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Breanna Well-Known Member

That is what I was trying to say it is old style but NOT as old as the renaissance. Greenfield Village is a few decades after that. They do have blacksmith's and armorers and stuff though and horse and buggy but the have cars too the first cars. But there is no jousting SIGH! I don't think they have turkey drumsticks either. Anyhow I sometimes don't explain myself well LOL I meant older than now but not as old as Renaissance. That is probably how I should have worded it.

I have an expression I tell my other half all the time: I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. :D
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! Yep, I know how that one goes. :D

And my fave part of Knott's Berry Farm has always been their re-creation areas (always fun to talk shop with smiths!) and their carousel...cool array of critters, but unfortunately not in the best of shape. :(

Uwk
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

o yea Uwkete on the internet it sais Frankenmuth it's Baverian stile.
    but yes Solvang is Danish I just thought it's Dutch because it has windmills.
    than there is also Helen in Georgia , Pella in Iowa. New Garusin Wisconsin and Holland.in Mishigan. don't forget Venice California and Herman Missouri , St Augustine in Florida and Fredricksburg in Texas , for some other European looking places.
    oh just found a Swedish town called Lindsborg in Kansas.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, yeah; the only one I can safely vouch for was Solvang. :)

I was actually kind of shocked about how many Germans were in Texas (and how many Hispanics in Chicago! Could also be Spanish-sounding places near there), adding immeasurably to the sorts of things they do with meat in general and BBQ in specific there (beans ON THE SIDE, thanks! :D); with my hubby being a dyed-in-the-wool confirmed foodie, I finally started noticing how various neighborhoods and towns and different cultures influence our dietary habits. :D

Uwk
    who, yep, has been to Venice...both of 'em! :)
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Geroblue and 2 others like this.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Beans don't belong in BBQ... if you add them its spicy meat with beans, not BBQ. Chopped up onions is okay.

Anyway, ice cream on top of chocolate chip cookes are on the table. Step right up and grab a plate !
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I was told years ago it has something to do with folk music. The announcer to bring up the next act, I have no idea if any of this is true, would say 'without further ado please welcome the next singer'. Apparenly one or more people got tired of the phrase, and started asking for 'Further Ado' to ocme up and play some music. So the announcer would start saying 'Without Further Ado, who couldn't make it, please welcome the next act.'.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

*grabs a plate of Gero's ice cream on chocolate chip cookies and digs in*

Mmmmm this is wonderful...….*points to the new bakers hired yesterday*…..Feel free to have them bake what you like, just get you orders in preferably by 3 pm.

Here we are ROAD TRIPPERS in Milwukee, Wisconsin at the Harley Davidson Museum *SQUEEEEEEEEEEE*. Breanna, has her Spousal Unit here so that should make both of them happy. We will need to be in Mukwonago by about 3:30 pm, so I have set our time delays a bit 1 minute in the bubble is 3 minutes outside the bubble. And then we will pop over to Mukwonago, Wisconsin and visit the Gee Funny Farm, my cousin Kathy's farm.

Tomorrow is FUDGE DAY!!! Mackinac Island, Michigan for FUDGE!!! *SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE* I absolutely adore Fudge with walnuts *does the Snoopy Dance*, I can hardly wait!!!! Thank you for another suggestion Breanna. After Mackinac Island, we will do the cruise ship that does the Shoreline, Picture Rocks, and Lighthouses.

Friday, we will go to Frankenmuth and then Greenfield Village and when we all have all the house items we want, we will move on to Wyoming and Yellowstone National Park!!!!

Now is the time to submit any other suggestions for Wyoming and Montana. We might want to put the Wyoming ones in prior to Yellowstone and the Montana ones in after Yellowstone since we plan to visit both sides.

Now get looking at those Harley's ROAD TRIPPERS, there are nothing else like these in the world, although Indian comes in a close second!
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

you know you can drive through Yellowstone and yes , visit Grand Teton NP.
    with our triple decker buss we might have to use the Potter trick , that let's the buss contort to get through those tunnels.
    for Montana the Glacier NP don't worry the Glaciers have all melted. the going - to - the - sun - road, Lake MC Donald , no
    you won't get any big macs here, and Logan Pass.
    don't have to much for Wyoming the snake river maybe. and like I said earlier G.T. NP. .
    If we start from the top and go down south we could go on to Salt lake city .
    and than to grand canyon , Bryce canyon and Zion NP and arches NP , but maybe we should plah another trip and just do all National Parks and monuments.
  9. Breanna Well-Known Member

The Harley's are fabulous :)

Maybe tomorrow on the cruise ship we can have the new bakers bake us up a bunch of stuff and we can just lounge and look at all the sites and eat yummy baked good stuff. And the tons and tons of fudge I'm getting from Mackinaw.

I'm going to port back to the guild hall tonight and do some cleaning out I'm going to need lots of space for all the stuff I'll be buying tomorrow too. O I may even have to get another house what a shame LOL

When we hit Yellowstone I hope we get to see Yogi and Booboo, I'm going to make them a picnic basket.
  10. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Don't smear honey on your face and go try to make friends with the bears!
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Fabulous idea Schmet, maybe we could add a bunch of the National Parks to the SPRING ROAD TRIP (by Airship) 2020? I think Grand Teton and Glacier are great ideas to add in with Yellowstone, and Lake McDonald and Logan Pass. Great idea Breanna, the bakers have been mixing and baking and will have the goodies waiting for us on the cruise ship.

Here we are ROAD TRIPPERS, Mackinac Island, Michigan for the largest and yummiest array of FUDGE one can imagine!!!!! Besides the fudge, as if anything else is really important (just kidding, ok, maybe not), there are horse drawn carriage tours, drive your own buggy tours, scooter and bicycle tours. There are a multitude of historic sites and museums to visit. And for the sporty types, golfing, sailboating, kayaking, parasailing, and fishing. Then we all board the cruise ship that goes by the Shoreline, Picture Rocks and Lighthouses and lounge about eating tons of goodies baked by our new bakers and FUDGE!!!! Tonight we are booked into a Virtual 5 star Resort and Spa on Mackinac Island with dinner at 7 pm.

Tomorrow, we port all the way back to Montana and drive through Glacier National Park, Lake Mc Donald and Logan Pass on our way to Yellowstone, for this entire portion of our trip, we will have our time delays set so that time is at a crawl, 1 minute in our bubble is 1 hour outside of our bubble, we can leisurely explore Glacier National Park and Yellowstone in Montana, then drive on through Yellowstone into Wyoming and when we have seen all of Yellowstone we wish to see, we will go through Grand Teton National Park.

We will see what day it is when we are through with this leg of our journey before planning the next leg, but I believe it will be a stop in Indiana first and Illinois after for another 6-Flags!!!!! So if anybody has anything they wish to add to either of these two states, now is the time!!

Have a great day ROAD TRIPPERS, get out and get that FUDGE!!!!
  12. Balcerak Well-Known Member

I'm at original murdicks fudge and boy is it great! And don't miss out on the brittle. I love a good peanut brittle (or pretty much any nut brittle!)
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

nibble , nibble , nibble , nibble , nibble ,nibble , munch , munch , nibble , nibble , nibble , nibble crunch , crunch, munch ,
    munch , nibble , nibble , nibble , nibble , nibble , nibble , nibble , nibble , crunch , crunch , munch nibble,munch , crunch
    OUCH a ratonga trap , nibble , nibble , crunch , munch > > > > > > > > > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.
  14. Breanna Well-Known Member

Don't forget Bronners so we can get our frostfell shopping in :)

Need coffee now to help with all this fudge OMG I had 4 of the cabana boys with me to help carry it all.

15. Breanna Well-Known Member

O and the Grand Hotel is magnificent I've always wanted to stay there good thing this is virtual because it's really expensive LOL
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Hello ROAD TRIPPERS, its Friday again and here we are at last in Montana driving through Glacier National Park. These triple decker buses are wonderful for this even though for some it is a bit on the chilly side, I love the weather, perfect temperature and the peaks are gorgeous!! All these lakes and the glaciers haven't totally melted the caps are still alive, some frigid temperatures and good snowfall and the glaciers could grow some more. Its cyclical, just like most natural systems.

We will make it all the way through Glacier National Park today and into Yellowstone where we will be *shudders* camping, or with all our Virtualness, it will be more like Glamping. We have tents and such in the luggage haulers for those that wish to be more rustic, for those of us that don't we have Gero's Airship and the Touring Buses. We will be having a Barbecue tonight with anything you can imagine, get your special requests into the chefs and the bakers by 3 pm, dinner at 7 pm.

Tomorrow we are still on time delay to adventure through the Montana side of Yellowstone and continue on through into the Wyoming side. We will not finish with Yellowstone until probably Sunday evening, so we will be camping or glamping Saturday night as well so again get your special requests into the chefs and bakers as soon as possible, Sunday night we are booked into the Virtual 5 Star Yellowstone Lodge. Monday morning bright and early we will head to Grand Teton National Park!!

Let's have a great time on this Wilderness Adventure before heading on to Indiana and then Illinois for more Amusement Parks!!!!
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

that was a glorious drive through Glacier NP and using one of the hover craft made during our 2 hour break gave me an even better view.
    I like to have some head room when I wake up and this double walled tents with those tent heaters are awesome.
    "Cyrrena" I don't think you ever were in a tent like this it has a floor to keep the creepy crawlies out you can stand in it
    and has 3 rooms so you can have privacy. and the enormous dining tent has a bigger seating area than some restaurants.
    good thinking to reserve that group camp site.
    I wanted to go sit in the Boling River , but it's closed in Spring time :( and the Fire pot river is warm but ( eying the snow still on the ground ) I don't know if that's warm enough.
    But those waterfalls are beautiful .
    All you fisherman and woman you can fish for trout here , but I think you got to relies them once you caught them.
    UUUUUH I found out there is still enough snow around we can go on a sleigh ride or rent a snow mobile.
    skiing anybody that is not the down hill kind.
    I am happy I got all those cloths in Canada.
    Pijotre, Cyrrena, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yep, Canadian gear will work well here, I think. ;->

And yep, if you catch any fish in a Park, you have to release them again. After the selfies, of course. ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  19. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Perhaps if the tents are that good that the bugs stay out, I will try one tonight Schmet, thank you!!! Are you and Pijotre using fishing rods to catch fish Uwkete? Or are the two of you using Kerran methods? Lake McDonald was absolutely gorgeous, and every time we turned a corner it seemed there was another glacial lake almost as spectacular. And the barbecue was just what we needed after a long day!!!

Good morning ROAD TRIPPERS, today we have made it into Yellowstone National Park and we begin our exploration of this park which spans 2 states and sits atop an enormous shield volcano. Lots of hot springs and geysers await us and lots of wildlife. Keep your eyes open for Yogi and BooBoo, Breanna has a gift for them (I didn't have the heart to tell her they live in Jellystone Park). By the end of the day, we will cross over into the Wyoming side of the park where we have another large campsite reserved, another night of camping or glamping, and another barbecue.

I hope everybody has a fun and fantastic day in Yellowstone. I have been through Montana and Wyoming many times on my way to Sturgis, but I never went through Glacier National Park, Yellowstone National Park, or Grand Teton National Park, now I know what I missed.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

uuuuh what's this sound next to our tent mounch mounch oooh I hope it's not a bear:eek:
    AAAHHH a buffalo now come out of the tent slowly we would not want to get that buffalo panicky .
    Wow a hole heard of them just eating their way through the camp site.
    ( quickly moves to the dinner tent ) hmmmmmmmh I 's smell pancakes .
    ( stakes up 12 pancakes topes them all with a lot of huckleberries and grabs 8 pieces of bacon.
    waffles nobody told me there are waffles. ( grabs 6 waffles tops them of with wild strawberries) and honey yesh
    Now the only thing this ratonga needs is coffee . ( grabs a entire pot of coffee and takes 2 trays to get everything to a table.
    Caiths mouth drops open as he watches me bring my meager breakfast to the table.

Time to go look at geysers, mood volcanos and terraces formed by hot water
    waterfalls , and rock formations like at the devils mountain.
    and don't forget to hike down into the yellow stone canyon.
    Don't forget about the wildlife here and this place is not just about the hot features.
    Pijotre, Cyrrena, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.