SPRING ROAD TRIP (by Airship) 2020

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Cyrrena, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The leap of faith to that pool in Hidden Refuge!!!
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Don't worry Butterfly, I talked to the Rescue Center and they will not try and take any of your mounts or pets should you visit again. And a little camel just your size could be used for the trip, he is only 6 months old, but since you are small they have agreed you can ride him, his name is Dobie.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You know I have an unnatural affinity for neon greenish-yellow and neon orange ....or traffic cone orange as my girls call it
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

My favorite color as well as it is the color of Ireland!!!
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

I'm just lounging around the pool drinking strawberry daiquiri's. I've done so much site seeing and shopping, I'm just gonna relax and wait for the next round of mini golf :)
  6. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Yeah, the museums and parks are great. Then a nice fun round of mini golf followed by relaxing dinner and drinks. Kind of winds down the evening. Breanna is into the mini golf since she won the $5 tournament today. We need to get our money back :)
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Of course you do! You're a Celt, right? :D

Back in the old days, the number (and probably brightness) of colors you could wear was a measure of how high a rank you were. I think only royalty were allowed to wear up to seven. ;->

Uwk
    whose great-grandfather came right off the boat from Wales, and counts ol' Capt. Henry Morgan as an ancestor ;->
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Absolutely! ;->

Though I am kind of wondering what Ttobey's up to; kind of surprised he hadn't been suggesting Breanna took over the moving challenges on the courses and turned them into actual threats... ;->

Uwk
    Leloes, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Uwk still has some spring in his step, so is going back to the arcade to torture the pinball games. Routinely rack up the highest scores without tilting a machine once in RL. ;->

Uwk
    Pinball Berserker :D
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Finds some more green balls , decides to paint them bright pink , with little hearts and flowers , there my dwarf friend will be so happy
  11. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Grumble's and starts mixing up some green paint.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Gero gets in his submersible; oxygen, snacks, cookies, water, oops, almost forgot the chocolate. And a towel, never forget your towel.

Zoom zoom, around the islands I go, keeping away from Gran Canaria.

Watching out for giant swimming canaries, they hunt sharks doncha know ?

Oooh, I like virtual swimming,
    no getting wet,
    my hair is not a mess,
    I can wear a suit and tie !

( Various large fishies jump out of the way, with their fins in tight. )

Down into the depths,
    The octopi got nothing on me !

Up to the surface,
    breaching like a whale,
    do a tap dance on the water,
    And go back in again !

Gero then put puts back to shore,
    didn't you know,
    there is a miniature golf course,
    out on the water ?
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

We will all help you to free Kaladim for the Dwarves!!!

*grabs the large heavy paper, paint, stakes, and begins making the FREE KALADIM FOR THE DWARVES signs, and places them in her battle wagon when they are dry, puts tar and feathers in the battle wagon, buts refills for the Gnomish Confetti Blaster 5500 in the battle wagon and drags the Gnomish Confetti Blaster over and hooks the hitch to the battle wagon, then begins filling quivers with different types of poisoned arrows and bolts and fills the lower cabinet of the battle wagon with those, then fills the cubby holes on the battle wagon with cheese, celery, chocolate, coffee, tea, tea, mead , and stout , hitches the battle wagon to her magnificent BROOM MOUNT and heads for Kaladim after making sure that everything on the battle wagon is secured properly and won't fall off*
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Oops!!! A little side combat during the SPRING ROAD TRIP!!! We have never done that before!!!!!!
  15. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Most of our enemies are goblins, bugbears and monstrous creatures, but for fair warning, we will have a small number of ratongas to deal with. Maybe one of our ratonga friends can help broker a surrender and we'll be merciful. Maybe do memwipes on em and send them to a nice ratonga place. But thanks for the help!
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Good morning peoples who's went's on this trip with , ME !!! , hand over all your bacon and cheese nibs and nobody will get hurt .
    . . . . . :oops: oops , I meant to say I was happy that so many of you came along with me on yet another side trip
    We went to

" Cape Verde "

an island nation consisting of 10 islands , the islands are divided into 2 groups :
    the Barlovento ( northern ) islands and the Sotavento ( southern ) islands.
    Cape Verde is an archipelago in the heart of the Atlantic , south of the Canary islands and
    The islands of the Cape Verde archipelago are
    - Santiago ( with C . V . capital Praia )
    - Fogo
    - Brava
    - Maio
    - Sal
    - Boa Vista
    - Sao Vicente
    - Santo Antao
    - Sao Nicolau
    - Sana Luzia ( a desert island )

the Island of Sal :
    Santa Maria and its beaches:
    Santa Maria is the main tourist hub of Sal . Most of the resorts , hotels , restaurants , and bars are located here .
    The town is famous for the beach with the same name . the Beach has extremely fine sand , and turquoise water.
    You can go there and have fresh fish served in a restaurant right by the ocean .
    We visited the pier where the locals sell their fish . We watched got to interact with the locals.
    Kite Beach :
    Kite Beach is not far from Santa Maria , and is one of the best beaches for kite surfing in Cape Verde .
    The beach is very windy and the waves are wild and strong .
    We went to a bar by the ocean and watched some of the surfers in action , doing their stunts .
    Butterfly went over to the Kite school and tried her luck with this amazing sport , WoooooooooooHoooooooiiii !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Blue Eye - Buracona Lagoon :
    We went to this amazing place , where you can swim in a small bay , when you come at low tide the bay is as calm as a bathtub, when we came here I would not have tried to go for a swim the waves were crashing onto the rocky shore with viscous power.
    or venture into a cave right of the bay .
    Pedro Lume Salt Mines :
    We went to the Ocean Salt mines by aluguer ( collective taxi ).
    The village is a left over from the past when mining salt made this place one of the wealthiest of Cape Verde.
    the emblematic church make a great photo motive .
    Once we got to the mines we learned about salt was harvested in this evaporation pools and we were able to float on the very salty water of those old pools .
    After a shower ( my bathing suit was as still as a board ) we went to a near by restaurant to sample some of the best
    fish carpaccio ( a stew or soup ) .
    Nesting ground for sea turtles :
    you can watch Loggerhead sea turtles on the sandy islands of Sal , Maio , and Boa Vista .
    But nobody wanted to wait till July and October to watch them .
    Just wanted to mention that Cape Verde is an very good place to go scuba diving you think your swimming around in a carefully decorated aquarium .

the island of Boa Vista :
    There seems to be a beach for every taste on this island .
    You can do all sorts of watersports , like kite surfing , windsurfing , surfing ,sailing ,kayaking or diving or simply swimming .
    The island has plenty of sand , not just on the beach but
    the Viana Desert :
    is one of the natural wonders of Cape Verde. On a stretch of 5km , the Atlantic winds carried the fine sand of the Sahara to Boa Vista ( more dunes )
    Sal Rei :
    Sal Rei is the capital of Boa Vista and with it's 6000 inhabitants , it's home to more than half of Boa Vista's population .
    The town has laid back vibe . If you love colorful architecture , you will like the houses and churches .
    The shipwreck of Cabo Santa Maria
    on the beach Atalanta is a very popular photo motive . This are the remains of a large cargo ship that ran aground in 1968.
    OK who wants more beaches ?
    Chaves Beach :
    This is one of the Beaches where you can watch turtles in July . Chaves is a 5km long beach with not much development .

the Island of Fogo :
    Pico do Fogo :
    We went for a supposedly 5hour hike ( only if you really want to walk ) we climbed well walked , not up a cliff or something like that .
    Ok our distention was this 2.829 m high cone of this perfectly shaped volcano , we also went over to the little cone Pico Pequeno ( small volcano ) .
    I booked a guide for our hike from " Casa Alcindo " a small hotel that also provides a beautiful place to stay over night inside the crater .
    We went wine tasting :
    Fogo is the only place in Cape Verde that produces wine .
    The grapes are grown inside the crater which gives the wine unique taste Vinho do Cha is a true gem you'll taste here.
    We had chance to buy fresh coffee beans ( I got a lot ) locally grown on Fogo, and we went on a tour to visit one of the plantations near Mostreiros.
    than we went to visit the colonial town of Sao Filipe :
    The bright , colorful buildings , and the cobblestone paved , narrow streets give this town it's charm .
    Most hotels on Fogo are located in Sao Filipe , when you stay over night , take a walk at night , it is an extraordinary
    experience .
    Cha das Caldeiras to Mostreiros :
    more hiking , but worth it , this green landscape looks even more green against the black background of the Fogo crater .

the island of Sao Vicente :
    Mindelo :
    This town has numerous museums and art shops and a wealth of street art .
    Nowadays , Mindelo is home for theonly marina in Cape Verde , so there is always a large international community in Mindelo .
    There are 2 markets in Mindelo
    The first is the most traditional , ancient one , and it's covered as in indoors and the building alone is worth a visit !
    The second one is open - air and is located on Praca d Estrela .
    Here you can buy all kinds of fruits , vegetables , electronic gadgets and cloths .
    Tailers from African main land will make you a dress within 3 days that fits you like a glove .
    Monte Verde :
    One of the best hikes on Mindelo is the hike up to the peak of Monte Verde.
    It will provide you with breathtaking views over Mindelo , Monte Cara , and neighboring Santo Antao.
    Sao Pedro:
    a good place for all sorts of water sports . We went to the " Farol de D. Amelia lighthouse . We had best panorama views on the island here .
    I mentioned this earlier one of the national dishes in Cape Verde is cachupa it's a kind of stew and consist of corn , beans
    with a fried egg on top for a special treat fried Linguica ( sausage ) or fish is added .

the Island of San Antao:
    Cova Crater to Paul valley :
    We had breakfast in Cova at Biosfera do Amor which offerers splendid views over Sao Vicente, and their handmade jams and bread are to die for , a real delight
    From here we hiked down the crater and up on the other side . We enjoyed a nice view of Santo Antao in Paul valley.
    The trail goes down ward . We passed through scenic villages built into the sides of the valley
    Fontainhas :
    one of the most beautiful villages of Cape Verde is Fontainhas this town is built into the steep sids of the valley and looks like it is an old Inca town , with it's terraced fields and lush green slopes .
    Santo Antao grows most of the fruits and vegetables of the island nation .
    countless coconut , papaya and mango trees are grown in Paul valley . We also had a taste of Grogue , the local liquor
    made out of sugar cane . ( sounds like rum to me ) I liked the Ponche better a liquor prepared with local fruits .
    Xoxo ( pronounced sho-sho ) :
    This settlement lies in Cova -Paul - Ribeira da Torro National Park. it lies within a picturesque valley , but I thought the name is just to interesting .

Island of Santiago :
    Citadel Velha :
    The town was declared " Intangible Heritage of Humanity " by UNESCO.
    the town of Cidade Velha ( old town ) has a over 500 year history . The original design of the settlement is still intact
    The first European settlement in the tropics and south of the Sahara , as well as one of the most important places in the world for the slave trade , and is the considered the birthplace of the first creole society . Santiago was the capital of Cape Verde until 1770 .
    It's beautiful historic center still bears signs of the colonial - style architecture .
    Forte de Sao Filipe :
    We visited the fort from the 16th - century that overlooks the entire area of Ribeira Grande , Velha's original name .
    This fort is amazing it is very well preserved and you could imagine yourself send back in time , and the views man those views are gorges .

Praia :
    Cape Verde's capital and the largest city of the whole archipelago , Praia is also the nations main tourist hub.
    "Praia " means beach in Portuguese , a name inspired by the cities coastal nature .
    Here you will find amazing beaches , nightlife , as well as the slow paced characteristic of West Africa's colonial towns .
    With dozens of landmarks as well as many hidden gems Praia is a good destination .
    Sucupira Market :
    OK , we had more time for shopping , this semi- covered market sells a wide range of goods , from fresh produce to traditional clothes , bags , artisan objects , and local musical instruments .
    We also had a taste of the delicious Cape Verdean street food .
    A nice mix of African and European .
    the Plateau District :
    This part of the city is built on top a wide plateau overlooking the ocean and the port of Praia.
    This is the historical center of the city , and here we admired the Presidential Palace , the city hall and cathedral.
    We visited the Ethnographic Museum to learn about the Cape Versean culture and traditions .
    Quebra Canela Beach :
    A good place near the city to relax and cool of do some water sports and have a drink .
    Alexandre Albuquerque Square :
    this Square is a landmark in Praia .
    Located at the southwestern side of the Plateau , it's lined with beautiful colonial houses , while the public park in the center of the square is a true oasis for relaxation
    Museum Amilcar Cabral :
    Dedicated to preserving the memory of the revolutionary Amilcar Cabral , the museum hosts a collection of photographs and other memorabilia about Cabral's fight for freedom from colonialism .
    beach of Tarrafal:
    Often considered the prettiest beach in Cape Verde . This beach has palm trees and laid back feel .
    Serra Malagueta :
    another hiker haven Serra Malagueta has 774 hectares and 25 endemic species , this nature park is one of the most important ones of the archipelago .
    you can find hikes for all level and lengths
    Assomada :
    More shopping :D
    The market of Assomada is the most important market in Santiago.
    It's even livelierthn the market of Praia !
    Every day is market , but on Tuesday and Saturday the market doubles it's size .
    you can buy everything from produce to even animals .

the island of Maio :
    Maio has the best beaches in Cape Verde .
    Most are unspoiled and uncrowded
    Some of the best beaches can be found near the capital " Vila do Maio "
    - Bitche Rocha
    - Ponta Preta
    - Ribeira Dom Joao ( for surfing )
    - Praia de Santana
    anybody who likes Goat Cheese has stoked up in Maio at the Ribeira Dom Joao goat cheese factories
    there is a little bar where you can try freshly made goat cheese .
    because of the extensive sand beaches of Maio this is another turtle breading ground .

the island of Brava :
    Nova Sintra :
    This is the only capital that is not on the sea . After arriving in Furna with the ferry you have to make your way up a long winding road .
    Named after the Portuguese town near Lisbon , Nova Sintra shares some characteristics with the Portuguese city.
    It has a humid and fresh climate , surrounded by lush greenery and a fabulous view of the ocean below .
    Even the architectural style reminds me of Portugal .
    natural swimming pools of Faja d' Aqua :
    There is a really nice colorful town here , but the real attraction are the natural swimming pools .
    With their crystal clear water the pools invite visitors to have a refreshing bath .
    and like all islands of Cap Verde this island too has lots of hiking trails , here you will see beautiful wild flowers like
    Bougainvillea , hibiscus , and jasmine .

the island of Sao Nicolau :
    Carbeirinho :
    The rock formations here rival some of the best I the south west of the US.
    And I always wanted to see Dragon Trees they are endemic to this islands and don't grow anywhere else in the world.
    they look like giant umbrellas and their sap is bright red and called dragon blood and highly prizes as dye or for medicine.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

watch out those ratonga might be controlled buy the Rotokilli.
  18. Balcerak Well-Known Member

They say they are devoted to the Ratillik, at least that's what they yell while they attack. The biggest issue with them is they tend to be healers and magic users. Dwarves can defend against magic attacks but our weapons are always out of reach. So it is a standoff.
  19. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Good Day ROAD TRIPPERS!!!

Here we are our second day on Gran Canaria!!!! As per usual, please be wearing comfortable shoes and clothing, please have water/drinks and snacks in your backpacks, take along a flashlight, wear a hat of some sort and if you need it sunscreen by all means. The Cabana Boys are always on hand to help anybody that needs it and the bubble traks can be used if you need to. I never know where we will end up until I begin exploring!!!! So lets get moving....

We will start our adventure today at Pico de las Nieves. Pico de las Nieves is the second highest peak on the island of Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, Spain. Its height is 1,949 metres above sea level. It is of volcanic origin. On its slopes, Canary Islands Pine was reintroduced in the 1950s. Here is a link to a tourism website about Pico de las Nievas:

https://www.dangerousroads.org/europe/spain/2707-pico-de-las-nieves.html

Our next stop is the Roque Nublo. Roque Nublo is a volcanic rock on the island of Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, Spain. It is 67 m tall, and its top is 1,813 m above sea level. The Roque Nublo is the third altitude of the island of Gran Canaria, after the Morro de la Agujereada with 1,956 meters, and the Pico de las Nieves with 1,949 meters. Here is the Gran Canaria website Roque Nublo and our activity here:

http://www.grancanaria.com/blog/en/article/roque-nublo-beyond-your-wildest-imagination/

Our next stop is the town of Puerto Rico. Our first stop even though it is gear towards the little ones is the Angry Bord Activity Park!!! The have a 10-D Cinema, they have a Laser Maze, and they have, hold your knickers on,......... MINI-GOLF!!!! It appears to be only a 9-hole course but it is still MINI-GOLF!!!! Here is a link to their website:

http://activityparkcanarias.com/en/the-park/adventure-croquet/

The fun is not over, next we are off to Lago Taurito Water Park. But this is not simply a water park, I wouldn't do that to you, again, would I? This water park has a spa and MINI-GOLF!!!! Here is a link to there website:

http://lagotaurito.es/bolera-mini-gof-tenis-y-mas/

Our next stop is the Jardin Botanico Viera & Clavijo. This is a Botanical Garden started in 1952 by a Swedish Botanist. Here is a link their site:

http://www.jardincanario.org/historia

Next we are jumping over to the Arehucas Rum Distillery. Here is a clip from the booking site:

A journey through the HISTORY OF RUM. During the Arehucas Guided Tour visitors can enjoy the facilities of our distillery, full of history, tradition and work well done. Besides explaining the process of making our rums the tour allows us to visit one of the oldest rum cellars in Europe, made up of 4,308 american oak barrels. This tour through the history of rum in the Canary Islands takes 45 minutes and consists of 5 stages: Origin of Arehucas; visit to the cellar where the ageing process is carried out; learning about the rum processing and visit to the mill and the fermentation and distillation rooms. Visit to the bottling plant and tasting of our wide variety of rums and liqueurs. At the end of the visit, you can purchase the Destilerias Arehucas products.

Our next adventure is through the Museo Elder de la Ciencia y la Tecnología. This is a museum of science and technology, they have a 3D cinema, a planetarium, and a wave dome. Here is a link to their website:

http://www.museoelder.org/

Next we are off to the Iglesia de San Juan Bautista. This is a Cathedral sized Parish Church is a small village. It is not deemed a Cathedral by the Catholic Church though only a Parish Church. I thought everybody would like to see this as it has amazing chandeliers and stained glass windows. Construction began on 19 March 1907, the Church was opened to the public in 1917 but construction continued until 1977 when it was finally completed. The main style of architecture is neo-gothic.

We will end our day with a stop at Doramas Park. This is a 47,000 sq meter park with fountains, waterfalls, endemic animals, lots of trees and plants and flowers. Here is a link to a British website with information on the park:

https://www.canaryislandsinfo.co.uk/gran-canaria/things-to-do/doramas-park/

It looks like a short day, but some of these were very long stops such as the botanical gardens and the museum of science and technology.

Tomorrow will be another free for all day with Gran Canaria off limits again!!!! Unless Schmet would like to take us on a whirlwind tour of Madeira!!!

Cocktail Hour will be at 6 pm and dinner will be at 7 pm and I think we will hit Hard Rock Cafe in Tenerife again!!! They had hot fudge overboard cake!!!!
  20. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Planetariums have been a favorite of mine. I remember as a small dwarf going to one and my grandmother fell asleep in the comfy chair she was given and started snoring during the presentation. Seeing the 'outside' in an inside place makes dwarves very comfortable.