[Spoiler Alert!] The Guide's Guide to Thalumbra Walk-thru

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Ocarinah, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Spoiler Alert! If you want to be surprised, run...run...run away!

I know this is not housing related but thought some of you might want a walk-thru to the new guide event quest that gives large amount of status. Feel free to copy/paste to send people in-game mail.

The Guide's Guide to Thalumbra

Journal Category Thalumbra

Journal Level 90

Journal Difficulty Solo

Starting Zone Kelethin or Neriak

How to Start Received from a Guide around
    (299.64, 126.88, 303.30) in Kelethin
    or (25.61, 3.68, 316.70) in Neriak

Notes

1. The guide is not always there
    2. The quest will be offered to the whole group,
    but it can't be shared
    3. You only need the guide to start the quest,
    there is no time limit to finish the quest
    4. Can be any level to pick up quest
    5. Must have ToT expansion
    6. Auto-completes after all places visited
    7. The quest is NOT repeatable
    8. If waypoint not updating, try flying lower

Steps

1. Visit various places in Thalumbra in any order
    * Visit the Luminous Peaks, home to the ancient glayfaye
    (#12 /waypoint 433.88, 222.80, 49.78)
    * Visit Corpse Cauldron lake, origin of the Umbral River
    (#14 /waypoint -597.31, 227.74, 488.05)
    * Visit the Stygian Threshold, on the edge of Luminous Peaks
    (#13 /waypoint -619.82, 207.78, 159.91)
    * Visit the Abyssal Falls, at the end of the Abyssal Chasm
    (#9 /waypoint -39.60, -50.56, -212.17)
    * Visit the Drowned Delta
    (#11 /waypoint -246.22, 89.18, -452.48)
    * Visit Savage Spires, where stalagmites and stalactites touch
    (#10 /waypoint -38.59, 113.33, -386.72)
    * Visit the Elder Plains (#8 /waypoint 221.42, 97.30, -398.43)
    * Visit Bluefist Battlefield, ancient battlefield and original
    site of Maldura
    (#7 /waypoint 271.98, 109.71, -521.05)
    * Visit the Old Trawler's Trainl, leading from the Silent Deep
    to Bluefist Battlefield
    (#6 /waypoint 329.37, 94.19, -709.86)
    * Visit the Blightstone Barrens, reaching like a claw towards
    the Silent Deep
    (#5 /waypoint 760.86, 111.15, -460.43)
    * Visit the Ironblood Fungus Farm
    (#4 /waypoint 872.71, 57.74, -333.98)
    * Visit Blackanvil Bay, on the edge of the Silent Deep
    (#3 /waypoint 784.68, 98.42, -58.78)
    * Visit Stoneheart Yards, site of the recent aberrant seige.
    (#1 /waypoint 482.36, 95.68, 53.30)
    * Visit Outer Maldura, the stronghold of dhalgar & gnemlin
    (#2 /waypoint 422.68, 155.95, 249.87)

Rewards

* At least 6p 30g
    * One of the following:
    * Facade of the Gnemlin Skeleton
    * Facade of the Dhalgar Skeleton
    * 3,120,000 status @ lvl 90
    * 5,280,000 status @ lvl 100

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

3. suka Well-Known Member

awesome write-up. i am saving mine for double status but this will come in handy
  4. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Awesome writeup
    Awesome writup, Ocarinah! IMO the quest description of the location for Old Trawler's Trail is not accurate... the Silent Deep is NE of Bluefist Battlefield; Old Trawler's Trail is nearly due N.

Here's the Facade of the Dhalgar Skeleton on my halfling swashie who thinks she's a pirate: [IMG]
  5. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

My pleasure and thanks! Yeah this is why I wanted to post as soon as possible. Didn't want people to be really excited and run around getting updates not realizing that it auto-completes instead of turning into npc thus missing out on double status. We all want yummy double status :cool:

I made up my route and then watch like a hawk for the updates to happen so I had good waypoints to give people since I know I am not the only one that is not always good with descriptions given for quest updates. Your dhalgar looks so much cooler than mine. I cannot wait to see on all my toons now.
  6. Febrith Well-Known Member

Oh this is brilliant - at last another massive status quest - thanks for alerting me to this - and for the excellent write up!
  7. Armageddoux Active Member

8. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Do characters under lvl 90 get the same amount of status as a level 90? Or does the status reward begin at 90?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Merriel like this.
  9. Merriel Well-Known Member

The amount of status scales according to the characters level at the time the character received the quest. Unlike the Newsie's quest, where the amount of status awarded is based on the level of the character at the time the character actually completes the quest...it doesn't matter what level the character is for this new quest when they complete it, they will only receive the amount of status they would have gotten at the level they acquired the quest.

I have not personally tested this...it is information that was given to me by acquaintances in the game, so I cannot truthfully verify this is the case. Perhaps someone who had obtained the quest and noted the amount of status it said they would receive, then after leveling and then completing this quest and noted how much status they actually received at completion can post here and verify this for us all?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  10. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I really hope it doesn't award the amount when received the quest because I bring as many toons as I can to get the quests because I have a bad memory so I miss a bunch of guide events and can get sick or too busy later on. If all my toons need something it is much easier to remember. I hope someone can post the correct info. All my toons are now over 90. It is going to take me awhile to get my below 95 toons to 100 to test this out.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Merriel like this.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ok now we only need to find out when and where a guide will show up to get the quest from
  12. Merriel Well-Known Member

If you're on Maj'dul server, my friends and I would be happy to help you get your characters to lvl 100. If they are below lvl 92, we'd need to go to Skyshrine for a little while, but at level 92 we could move to High Keep contested. If you're on another server, we wouldn't be able to help you, but if you wouldn't mind grouping for a little while to get to 100, find a group for High Keep contested. The problem with Skyshrine is that there simply are not enough mobs for the number of people who run through there, so we only go there if we need to, in order to get someone to lvl 92, then we move on. :)
  13. Alenna Well-Known Member

Ok since no one thought to reorder by the numbers I did it here it is.

* Visit Outer Maldura, the stronghold of dhalgar & gnemlin
    (#1 /waypoint 482.36, 95.68, 53.30)
    * Visit Stoneheart Yards, site of the recent aberrant seige.
    (#2 /waypoint 422.68, 155.95, 249.87)
    * Visit Blackanvil Bay, on the edge of the Silent Deep
    (#3 /waypoint 784.68, 98.42, -58.78)
    * Visit the Ironblood Fungus Farm
    (#4 /waypoint 872.71, 57.74, -333.98)
    * Visit the Blightstone Barrens, reaching like a claw towards the Silent Deep
    (#5 /waypoint 760.86, 111.15, -460.43)
    * Visit the Old Trawler's Trainl, leading from the Silent Deep to Bluefist Battlefield
    (#6 /waypoint 329.37, 94.19, -709.86)
    * Visit Bluefist Battlefield, ancient battlefield and original site of Maldura
    (#7 /waypoint 271.98, 109.71, -521.05)
    * Visit the Elder Plains
    (#8 /waypoint 221.42, 97.30, -398.43)
    (#9 /waypoint -39.60, -50.56, -212.17)
    * Visit the Drowned Delta
    * Visit Savage Spires, where stalagmites and stalactites touch
    (#10 /waypoint -38.59, 113.33, -386.72)
    * Visit the Abyssal Falls, at the end of the Abyssal Chasm
    (#11 /waypoint -246.22, 89.18, -452.48)
    * Visit the Luminous Peaks, home to the ancient glayfaye
    (#12 /waypoint 433.88, 222.80, 49.78)
    * Visit the Stygian Threshold, on the edge of Luminous Peaks
    (#13 /waypoint -619.82, 207.78, 159.91)
    * Visit Corpse Cauldron lake, origin of the Umbral River
    (#14 /waypoint -597.31, 227.74, 488.05)
  14. CrystalStar Member

Status does indeed scale to the level you are when you complete it:

• 5,280,000 at Level 100
    • 4,896,000 at Level 98
    • 4,512,000 at Level 96
    • 3,120,000 at Level 90
    • 2,874,000 at Level 83
    • 2,736,000 at Level 82
    • 2,640,000 at Level 80
    • 2,352,000 at Level 72
    • 2,316,000 at Level 71
    • 2,208,000 at Level 67
    • 2,064,000 at Level 64
  15. Armageddoux Active Member

Optimized route (less than 10 mn) is given in the following url : http://www.guerrier-celeste.fr/quetes/quetes-diverses/le-guide-des-guides-pour-thalumbra.html you must note that a 41 XP toon is rewarded with only 912 000 Status point !!:(

Le trajet le plus optimisé est décrit dans l'article : http://www.guerrier-celeste.fr/quetes/quetes-diverses/le-guide-des-guides-pour-thalumbra.html (moins de 10 mn pour effectuer la quête). A noter qu'un personnage de niveau 41 XP n'obtient que 912 000 point de status (une misère par rapport au maximum possible)
  16. Merriel Well-Known Member

I understand that it scales to your level...but...ok let me give an example. Using Armageddoux's statement that at level 41 you receive 912,000 status...let's say you took the quest at lvl 41 but waited until you were level 100 to complete the quest...would you receive the 912,000 status that you would have gotten at the time you took the quest, or would you receive the 5,280,000 status for completing the quest at lvl 100?

What I was informed, was that it didn't matter what level you completed the quest...you would still only receive the 912,000 status since that is the amount of status you would have gotten had you completed the quest at the level you received it, which in this example, was level 41. Have you taken the quest on a character at a certain level lower than 100, then leveled that character up to 100 after taking the quest but before completing it, to confirm that you do receive the full 5,280,000 status upon completion? This is what I was asking to be confirmed.

Nice job, though, with the list...it's good to know this information. :)
  17. iisbliss Active Member

18. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

After seeing your illusion with it's gear showing, I wish we could put illusion items on House Actors. I'm totally picturing a Goonies themed house or dungeon with the Dhalgar skeleton illusion and the pirate costume, sitting behind a desk with the scale and everything. XD
    [IMG]
    I don't think there are any sitting skellie plushies anywhere, not chair style any way. A couple crouched against walls, IIRC... maybe I could find a way to make that work, but still wouldn't be able to get the pirate patch on it. hmmmm... stick a chess piece in the eye socket, maybe... hmmmm o.0 Have to build a cave around a Galleon house too... hmmmm XD Well, I know what I'm doing once I get my current IRL sewing projects finished!! :)

WTB use of illusion items on House actors! 0.0 (ya know, just a slot to pop the illusion item into and it automatically transforms the house actor, keeping the appearance gear when possible for the illusion)
    >.> Would love to have a mount slot on house actors too. XD Could do Jousting tournaments! (Is there a jousting lance appearance item anywhere in game, for that matter?) The patrol flags from DMs would come in handy there too, but I have no idea weather or not the jousters would head towards each other at the same time or not. I don't think they'd run, any way.
    <.< I tangent good....
  19. Merriel Well-Known Member

It is a reliable way to learn of guide events...but...ask them any questions about the quests and they are not allowed to give out that information. They may not even know the answer to my question, lol, since it's just their job to hand out the quest, not to reward us for completing it since it's an auto-complete quest. :)
  20. iisbliss Active Member

They are very good on that forum though. I missed the BB quest for the Decorating axes because I didn't go to Fort Irontoe, (my reading comprehension was disabled that day apparently) and they made sure to explain to me why I missed it, who I was looking for and when and where he would be next.