Splitpaw Saga -- Just wasted 4 hours

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Maroger, Feb 13, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Maroger Guest

[p]I just wasted 4 hours in the Splitpaw sage and I had to Gate out thanks to WEAKENED CRATES -- I am sorry I don't do arcade games. And jumping on these ******* crates is way too much of an aracade game.[/p][p]It is annoying enough to have to move them around but the fact that they break and you lose all your time if you run out of crates is excessive. That is not fun and is a huge waste of time. My friend said she found Splitpaw sage too aracady for her taste and it is too arcady for my tastes too!![/p][p]Please do not waste players time with aracade game -- we wouldn't be playing this game if we liked aracade games. They are not puzzles, they are PITAs. [/p][p]I can't even find a decent map for the quest either -- got all but the last supply crate and could not get the boxes set up correctly so lost all those hours -- I don't find that fun!@! [/p][p] [/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Illmarr Guest

[p]One person's waste of time is another person's exciting puzzle. You think the people that you were asking for help in your other thread magically knew exactly where to move things their first time through? I am glad there are places in the game that are more than kill xxxx. [/p][p]Only through failure can one learn and grow.[/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-Jai1 Guest

I kinda liked the puzzles too. The ones where the crate weakens everytime you move them can cause you to fail the quest if you didn't know where to put them in the first place but once you learn where and how you stack them, you don't waste any time the next time around.
  4. ARCHIVED-Titan-X Guest

[p]I see this post is fairly recent, but consider I am commenting on when (back several months now) I played this expansion. It was a great bit of fun for those of us who played from day one and had not seen any major change in content in a long time. The content was "ok" and it was new quests to be had and instance's to be won. Even a new raid zone to boot! WOOT.. You cant judge unless you where there, if you where there then I guess you wouldn't have made this thread../shrug[/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-Maroger Guest

[p] That was the problem -- I wasted all this time and failed the quest due to weakened crate. I was really pissed about that. [/p][p]The one I failed was Fitch's Prank --- I found all the 10 crates but never could get up to the last one. It is one a ledge and the ledge slants outward and I didn't see that until I started stacking crates so I lost the crates I had and failed the quest. I didn't find that fun. [/p][p]I was doing the normal. solo version -- are there more than 10 crates or are there just 10? I can't seem to find a walkthrough of this at all. [/p][p]Also I found it hard to tell where the walls would blow -- in other dungeons the wall turns a different color when your cursor moved over it and here it is all guess work.[/p][p]Also moving the object is very difficult -- wish you could put them in your inventory as sometimes you have to set them down to reorient yourself and this is bad news with the crates.[/p][p]All in all I am not sure if I will try again. Do all the quests have these stupid crates in them?[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-kellan123 Guest

7. ARCHIVED-Maroger Guest

[p]I doubt if I will try it tomorrow. Getting 9 crates wasn't that difficult - just tedious. As an SK I tended to kill all the mobs but I will remember that bit about the heroic instance that I can sneak in there and do crates. I thought I was restricted to the solo instance. [/p][p]I don't mind puzzles but I think crate stacking is too much on the arcade side for me. [/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-zaun2 Guest

One thing I did for the Prank quest was to use the powder kegs as boxes to hop on. I cleared all the gnolls on the non-heroic side. Then collected the powder kegs. I made a pile big enough to blow up the box on the first ledge. Then, proceeded to blow up the rest of the boxes and used the standard boxes for the last box in the center of the room. Don't stack kegs for that last box, as you will detonate the stack under you. After getting my little Call item, I wish there were more in the solo line there... Splitpaw is fun and a decent city zone.
  9. ARCHIVED-Klulorto Guest

"the crate weakens everytime you move them" is a pretty bad design, basically once you failed, there was no chance to fix it. There is no fun at all after you killed all those mobs and failed at the crate step. Completely waste of time, very bad design.
  10. ARCHIVED-Theodrec Guest

You guys can't be serious. What in the hell were you moving the crates around unnecessarily for. I love splitpaw, I love that it scales and adds a small dimension of moveable options needed to get to areas and whatnot. The quest in question is so terribly simple to call it arcady does all things truly arcady a disservice. Only two crates require boxes to be stacked. In both instances the boxes are readily available in the respective crate's immediate area. No other crates are on ledges. The explodeable walls are difficult to find? I don't think anything else really needs to be said here. Theo 52 fury of Nagafen Brownie Troop
  11. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

[p]I never ever failed that zone due to not having stuff to stacka nd jump on due to the crates breaking. Just look around, decide what to do and where to go and then apply the solutions. Dont run about trying to bruteforce everything. ITs not really a valid method. ;)[/p][p]And if you dont like that zone, you really dont have to do it to get the trust either. [/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-Jalek Guest

Im rather confused too. You find crates, you stack crates, you then move crate stack as needed to position it. Done.
  13. ARCHIVED-Isabelle Guest

I probably have run through the splitpaw series and moving crates 100 times over a multitude of chars and never ran out of crates or broke them and not been able to finish. If you have only tried it the one time you should have learned from it and should be able to accomplish it the next time.
  14. ARCHIVED-HairyDustBall Guest

First off walls you can break have a certain look they have a specific crack and texture so they are easy to spot. Secondly this quest requires climbing to "stairs" made of boxes you can move all the boxes 2 times. They give you enoug boxes to build 2 stairs I usualy only use 1 set of boxes, Make stiars with 1 move then move the enitre stair case by grabbing the bottom box and move it to the other.... this realy isnt a hard quest never failed because of boxes and I have done it atleast 10 times. I realy wish they would add more of this type of puzzle to the game.
  15. ARCHIVED-Maroger Guest

The interface does not lend it self to moving objects -- I find it awkward even in the house and often have to set object down and move myself in a different position to move them. If you do that with the crates they weaken. I just don't care for manipulating objects in this game. It isn't so bad if you can put them in you inventory and then place them when you get to the location -- but moving them when not in your inventory is very awkward.
  16. ARCHIVED-Trepan Guest

Sorry you didn't like the boxes, Marogar. As was mentioned earlier, it was novel when it was released and a lot of folks enjoyed "doing something different". I know a fair number were annoyed too. To each their own. BUT, the box puizzles aren't a major portion of the expansion pack. Don't get discouraged 'cause of the Hideout. There's a ton of good stuff down there to amuse and destroy you ;-) Split paw is my 2nd favorite of the adventure packs. Bloodlines is the favorite (I can hear the boos and hissing already) and Fallen Dynasty a very close 3rd. Its only 3rd because there's content in there I can't get to because of level and difficulty restrictions. Split paw did the scaling just right, and bloodlines falls on the other side of the scale by being able to outlevel the content (thankfully I have plenty of friends with lowbie alts that I can mentor down to). Keep poking your head in the caves. There's plenty of fun just lying around!
  17. ARCHIVED-DngrMouse Guest

If he could'nt figure out how to work his way through Flitch's Prank, he won't be able to get through any of the other quests. Just sayin'.
  18. ARCHIVED-Sassinak Guest

Destroyed crates will respawn after 10 minutes.... don't they? I thought this was how the mechanic was described when Sony originally added it.