Splitpaw: Guide rumours

Discussion in 'Guide Events' started by ARCHIVED-Ninwa, Jun 15, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Encanto Guest

A Halfling and her assistant seek your help in Qeynos Harbour! They should be making their appearance around 8:00 PM BST (21:00 CEST) on Monday, 26 March!
  2. ARCHIVED-Tippoh Guest

A ghostly Orc is seeking revenge in Greater Faydark at 08:00 PST (16:00 GMT) on Thursday 5th April!

*More to come, Keep your eyes open!*
    Do you think you have what it takes to be a Guide? Apply today.
    Disclaimer: *Note* Due to the fact that scheduling can change, all times are generalized based on PST/PDT timing. Note that the approximate times given are based on when the scheduled event is intended to begin. Late starts and cancellations may happen without warning/last minute. Be aware that some cancellations or time changes occur and are beyond my control, however, we will inform you of these changes in advance when/if possible. Due to the nature of some quests/events this listing may not contain all of the quests or events on "our" schedule.
    Please remember that quest actors do not respond to /tell. To speak to a quest actor you must use /say at all times.
  3. ARCHIVED-Tippoh Guest

A young halfling is looking for help saving some pigs! Will you help her? She will be in the Village of Shin, at 4pm UK time (08:00 PST) on Wednesday 11th April!

*More to come, Keep your eyes open!*
    Do you think you have what it takes to be a Guide? Apply today.
    Disclaimer: *Note* Due to the fact that scheduling can change, all times are generalized based on PST/PDT timing. Note that the approximate times given are based on when the scheduled event is intended to begin. Late starts and cancellations may happen without warning/last minute. Be aware that some cancellations or time changes occur and are beyond my control, however, we will inform you of these changes in advance when/if possible. Due to the nature of some quests/events this listing may not contain all of the quests or events on "our" schedule.
    Please remember that quest actors do not respond to /tell. To speak to a quest actor you must use /say at all times.
  4. ARCHIVED-Encanto Guest

Rumor has it that a member of the Stormshield family will be seeking help in Eastern Wastes around 8:30 PM BST /21.30 CEST today (13 April).
  5. ARCHIVED-Encanto Guest

Word has it that a dwarf with an obsession for axes will be in the Butcherblock Mountains around 1:30 PM Pacific / 9:30 PM BST near Greater Faydark!
  6. ARCHIVED-Encanto Guest

Friday 27 April 2012 - 9:00 PM BST/22.00 CEST
    A Gnome in distress needs your help in The Withered Lands!
  7. ARCHIVED-Encanto Guest

Friday, 25 May 2012 - 7:00 PM -10:00 PM BST / 2000 - 2300 CEST
    Looks like those Pirate Gnomes are needing some more Crash Dummies, er, um, Test Pilots for those infernal CRASH Pads in the Thundering Steppes! Come by and see how well you fare!
  8. ARCHIVED-Rampage Guest

Splitpaw gets no guide love these days, does it?
  9. ARCHIVED-harleygjc Guest

Speaking for myself and probably half the server, but I aint seen a guide come on the server in many a moon now,seems like we've been abandoned methinks! Shame as I always enjoyed talking to the guides but it now seems like a idea in the past.
  10. ARCHIVED-Shniffles Guest

harleygjc wrote:
    Helloes!

I can assure you we haven't forgotten abouts Splitpaw, but the Guides can often be found doing quests and RP sessions which are not advertised on these boards. Keep an eye on 1-9 channel in game, and you mights see us around! We're not always on 'Guide' characters, especially if a quest is running.
  11. ARCHIVED-Tippoh Guest

harleygjc wrote:
    I can assure you we haven't abandoned you! Far from it!
    More than often as of late is may seem like this because of a lot of our Splitpaw guides have been running quests for you rather than Roleplay sessions. This may be because of various reasons, or it may be a time restriction thing. I'm sure once some of us have seen this post (Will make sure they all do), that we will try get out for some more RP sessions.
    As for quests, as I posted earlier in the topic, a few months back the Guide program regulations changed, no longer requiring guides to get approval to run their quests. Previously this meant that we had some warning to give you about the whereabouts of guide events, but with the new changes, it means that generally by the time I have seen the quests have been scheduled, they have already been run and am unable to give prior warnings.
    The best advice I can give, is that keep an eye out on 1-9 channel for messages from a quest avatar (Will be in the quest roleplay), and go seek them out. A guide can't respond to tells when in a quest avatar, so you have to find them in person. If it does turn out to be a guide quest, feel free to repeat it in any subsequent channels and spread the word. This way more people know and everyone has more fun!
    I will see what I can get done about giving more advanced warnings, but it's a lot more difficult now unfortunately. On a slightly brighter note, rumours are emerging of a certain blue frog may be reappearing sooner rather than later!
    Tippoh.
  12. ARCHIVED-harleygjc Guest

Glad to see we've not been abandoned! I've missed seeing and talking to the guides for a while now, seems like most people I used to know are now gone and the guides were a welcome distraction from solo questing for a while! look forward to seeing the guides around sometime on my fae warlock, You know him fairly well by now Tippoh cough free bug pies cough!
  13. ARCHIVED-Ninwa Guest

*Froaks loudly*
    I have returned! I will try to announce more quests if/when possible! If anyone has a special request, let us know and we'll see if we can accommodate your wishes!
    *hugs all of Splitpaw*
  14. ARCHIVED-Rampage Guest

I prefer quests myself tbh, but I didn't even see them with one exception where I caught a "a call for help" in the chat spam and by the time I got there 5 min later the orc in need of help was gone. Then I came here saw there hadn't been announcents but once a month. I wouldn't blame you ofc, Splitpaw is pretty dead cuz of the PSS1 thing, but it's good to see people are actually around.
  15. ARCHIVED-Iza Guest

Ninwa wrote:
    Special requests as in a specific quest? Would like to see "The Gnollish Menace" run a few times if so, and/or "Hunting Contest".
  16. ARCHIVED-Ninwa Guest

*hops in and froaks*
    Rumours I've heard so far for this week:
    Tonight at 7pm UK time (11am Pacific) a gnomish inventor by the name of Gneil Tinkerspark will be in the Withered Lands seeking help!
    Wednesday 25th July at 9pm UK time (1pm Pacific) a Kerran hunter by the name of Kocheera will be in Antonica near the lighthouse seeking hunters!
    This list will be updated when I hear more!
    *hops out*
  17. ARCHIVED-Iza Guest

Yay! Thank you! Been looking for that hunting quest (and the one that gives tortured skellys) ever since I first saw the house items and heard about the guide quests.
  18. ARCHIVED-Tippoh Guest

For anybody who might have missed it. Not strictly a guide rumour, but I suspect a few of us might be there!

Splitpaw Meet and Greet
    • When: Monday, July 30th, 2012, from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. PDT* (San Diego time) - 8pm - 9pm BST (UK Time)
    • Server: Splitpaw
    • Location: The Community Lounge – Look for the portal near the docks in the Sinking Sands.
  19. ARCHIVED-Shniffles Guest

Tippoh wrote:
    I am very much looking forward to getting out there and meeting some more of the community!
  20. ARCHIVED-Ninwa Guest

More rumours!
    Tonight I'll be attending the Splitpaw Meet & Greet (as will a few others of our team!)... be sure to ask about a catalogue... *winks*
    Tomorrow, 31st July, at 8am UK time (midnight Pacific) a gnomish tinkerer by the name of Cogswa would love to share some of her research with you all in Steamfont, at the Gnomeland Security HQ!
    Wednesday, 1st August, at 7:30pm UK time (11:30am Pacific) Ozwick the gnome needs help with some parts as he can not leave his poor wife alone after a mishap from his assistant. He can be found in Steamfont Mountains near the road to Klak'Anon!
    When I hear more, I will add it here!
    *hops out*
    Eep! The boring disclaimers! Please note: All times/dates are subject to change, due to that pesky evildoer known as Real Lifeâ„¢, as all Guides are simply volunteers, and they are just as susceptible to unforeseen circumstances as anyone else. If an event is rescheduled (or cancelled), I will try to keep you posted on the new dates/times, but unfortunately, that won't always be possible. I sincerely apologize in advance to anyone who feels that their time has been wasted as the result of an unexpectedly-cancelled or delayed quest, and I hope that it won't tarnish your enjoyment of future events.
    Additionally, one never knows when a Guide of Splitpaw might suddenly be bitten by the Inspiration bug, or the Unexpected Spare Time bug, and decide that they just have to host an event NOW!, so you should always be on the lookout for strange rumblings, especially in the special frequency "Level 1-9" channel that many of you listen to.