Splitpaw Guide Rumors

Discussion in 'Guide and Player Events' started by Kokorobosoi, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Ninwa Senior Guide

Ghyftie Gigglegibber left me a note with a few appearances regarding his lost presents for Aimee:

Today 30th December at 1:30pm UK time (5:30am PST) in Frostfell Wonderland Village
    Thursday 3rd January at 7:00pm UK time (11:00am PST) in Frostfell Wonderland Village
  2. Ninwa Senior Guide

Hot off the presses!

A fashion conscious snowlady by the name of Snowlilly will make an appearance in New Halas at 7:30pm UK time today (11:30am Pacific)!
  3. Ninwa Senior Guide

Ghyftie Gigglegibber will need more help finding his lost gifts today January 6th at 10am UK time (2am pacific) in the Frostfell Wonderland Village!
  4. Ninwa Senior Guide

Rumour has it that Mipkin the Othmir seeks help on the docks of The Feerrott, today January 14th at 7:30pm UK time (11:30am Pacific). Something to do with fish...
  5. Ninwa Senior Guide

Mipkin the Othmir is yet again seeking help. He'll be on the docks of The Commonlands at 4:00pm UK time (8:00am Pacific) today January 22nd. Shhhh, don't tell the other Othmir!
  6. Ninwa Senior Guide

A group of storytelling dragons will be at the docks of Frostfang Sea tomorrow 28th January at 8pm UK time (noon Pacific) looking for a good story to share! Join them if you enjoy hearing and telling stories!
  7. Enertocter New Member

I love these interactive events and would like to thank the guides for taking their time with this and the players alike for joining in for this great storytelling event. :D
    I hope to see more of you all in the future!
  8. Ninwa Senior Guide

Tomorrow February 4th around 8pm UK time (noon Pacific) a ghostly Orc named Grindsmauls will be seeking vengeance near Orc Hill in Greater Faydark! He will need your help!
  9. Ninwa Senior Guide

Important notice!
    The gnomish pirates have told me they will be setting up their Aether Race track in the Thundering Steppes next Saturday 9th February! They estimate it will be up and running between approximately 6pm and 11pm UK time (10am to 3pm Pacific)!
    Keep your eyes on the look-out for pirates looking for wagers! Dutchey Dreadfoolze should be there to oversee the final hour of racing!
  10. Ninwa Senior Guide

Just a reminder that those gnomish pirates will be around tonight! *points to her previous post*
  11. Ninwa Senior Guide

Rhomie Metagu is seeking help to win her beloved in the City of Freeport (near the docks of East Freeport) tomorrow morning February 12th at 7:00am UK time (11:00pm Pacific February 11th)!
  12. Bibbs Member

Please repeat the guide visit to Splitpaw.

At 7 AM the server population is pretty much at its lowest, and too many players miss out on this event, not least when it's a work/school day where people are clearly prevented from being online.

In general the guide events seem to take place at odd hours rather than during evenings or weekends when people actually have a chance to participate. Please do look into giving this some consideration when scheduling guide events on a Euro server. Thank you kindly for understanding.
  13. Ninwa Senior Guide

The Splitpaw Guide population is mainly based in Europe as well *winks*. You have to remember we are all volunteers and schedule events at times we do not have other obligations (real life... *shudders*). But not all of Splitpaws players are based in Europe, there are players from all over the world. We can never schedule at a time that suits everyone, but we do try to. Not all our events are announced in this forum, sometimes you might see someone asking for help in 1-9 chat.
    Rhomie will return at another time, don't worry! I will do my best to learn of her sighting in advance so I can gossip about it here!
  14. Bibbs Member

I hope I am not unreasonable in expecting that on a European server, events will be scheduled in accordance with players from European time zones? Just as I assume that US players on US servers expect events scheduled according to US time zones (even if US servers have players from all over the world) rather than e.g. Asian or European time zones? Otherwise I'm afraid I don't see the point in having European and US servers.

That being said, the guides are very much appreciated, the events are great, and my above post is an expression of the disappointment of missing out on a once per year event which I do believe should (and could) have been scheduled with more consideration to the European server's European population.

I very much hope to see this guide event repeated this year during Erollisi Day, so we don't have to wait a full year to complete this Erollisi Day quest.
  15. Nailoo Member

I really love and appreciate when the guides pop on to offer fun little extras, be it quests, collections or just cookies, but I have to agree with Bibbs about guides being on at weird times on Splitpaw.

Some guides hold events in the late-afternoon or during the evening when the majority of people are playing and there seems to always be a really good turnout at those times. The only exception to this I've seen is right during prime time when most people were raiding.

There are however, many guide events being advertised at very strange hours, like 2:30 in the morning on a weeknight. It's nice that someone is trying to hold events, but it doesn't make a lot of sense. Hardly anyone is awake or online and those that are, often are crafting, chatting with a friend or two or just doing their own thing.

The thing that's weird about is that sometimes, the guide trying to get people to come do stuff, almost seems to get upset that nobody is responding. It starts out normal with chatting or a little roleplaying, then asking where everyone is, then almost sounding pouty when people explain that most are asleep or heading offline. It just doesn't seem fun for anyone.
  16. Ninwa Senior Guide

I shall repeat myself *grins*:

"Rhomie will return at another time, don't worry! I will do my best to learn of her sighting in advance so I can gossip about it here!"

And yes, that means before this year's Erollisi's festivities are over!

Eep! The boring disclaimers! Please note: All times/dates are subject to change, due to that pesky evildoer known as Real Life™, as all Guides are simply volunteers, and they are just as susceptible to unforeseen circumstances as anyone else. If an event is rescheduled (or cancelled), I will try to keep you posted on the new dates/times, but unfortunately, that won't always be possible. I sincerely apologize in advance to anyone who feels that their time has been wasted as the result of an unexpectedly-cancelled or delayed quest, and I hope that it won't tarnish your enjoyment of future events.

Additionally, one never knows when a Guide of Splitpaw might suddenly be bitten by the Inspiration bug, or the Unexpected Spare Time bug, and decide that they just have to host an event NOW!, so you should always be on the lookout for strange rumblings, especially in the special frequency "Level 1-9" channel that many of you listen to.
  17. Tippoh Guide

Please remember that all guides are volunteers who give up their own time to do so in the first place. The Splitpaw guide team is made up of several guides from all over the world (Not all EU time, but a lot of us are), and as such, we also have the same kind of commitments as you do on a regular basis. So while it might seem that prime time is an ideal time, often it isn't that easy if we have real life commitments at that time, or in game commitments as well.

While all guides make every effort to be available at the best possible times, sometime it just isn't feasible. We aren't employed to do this like GM's, we are just volunteers, and can often have the same preventions stopping us running quests at the times you want, as you do in participating in the quests at the times we run them.

If there is specific quests you would like to be run, we are always open to suggestions, and will always try our best to make them possible.

If you also feel you have some spare time and think you could help improve the program, we are always encouraging new applications to join the program, and the application can be found here.
  18. Ninwa Senior Guide

Rumours regarding Rhomie and a love potion:

Rhomie Metagu is seeking help to win her beloved in Kelethin today February 15th around 10pm UK time (2pm Pacific)!
    Rhomie Metagu is seeking help to win her beloved in New Halas Sunday February 17th at 1pm UK time (5am Pacific)!
    Rhomie Metagu is seeking help to win her beloved in Gorowyn Monday February 18th at 7pm UK time (11am Pacific)!

Eep! The boring disclaimers! Please note: All times/dates are subject to change, due to that pesky evildoer known as Real Life™, as all Guides are simply volunteers, and they are just as susceptible to unforeseen circumstances as anyone else. If an event is rescheduled (or cancelled), I will try to keep you posted on the new dates/times, but unfortunately, that won't always be possible. I sincerely apologize in advance to anyone who feels that their time has been wasted as the result of an unexpectedly-cancelled or delayed quest, and I hope that it won't tarnish your enjoyment of future events.

Additionally, one never knows when a Guide of Splitpaw might suddenly be bitten by the Inspiration bug, or the Unexpected Spare Time bug, and decide that they just have to host an event NOW!, so you should always be on the lookout for strange rumblings, especially in the special frequency "Level 1-9" channel that many of you listen to.
  19. Nailoo Member

I know it's volunteer Tippoh, that's why I tried to make sure to mention that it was nice even if it was at odd hours. ;) I really do appreciate all of you that take time out of your day to do fun stuff for the community.

I can't remember the guide's name that pops on late usually, but s/he sounded a little hurt last time that nobody came for like 15 mins and then that it was only 1 or 2 people that showed up. I just wanted to let whoever that is know that their effort is appreciated, even though there may not be so many online at the time. So, thank you. :)
  20. Bibbs Member

Thank you very much for repeating this guide visit and offering the quest. The time today, 1 PM GMT, seemed very well chosen evident from the number of people that showed up /thumbs up

I have suggested earlier, and will do so again, that the guides broadcast their visits/quests in red or another color that stands out. Often the green text in world channel blends in with everything else and is too easily missed. It would also be nice to have the guide's message repeated once or twice.

I try to send tells to everyone on my friend's list as well as let everyone know in guild chat, and they are very appreciative of being alerted when a guide visits as they usually have missed the message in world channel.

The guides are popular, so are the visits - this is why we want more ;)

Thank you again for repeating this one!