Spirit Tap Bug

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Melkior, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Melkior Well-Known Member

Any other mystics having an issue with spirit tap briefly draining group power then restoring? Seems like maybe its going negative then recovering because all icons grey out when it happens. I submitted a bug report, but thought I'd ask here as well.
  2. Sentrasia Well-Known Member

"Spirit Tap isn't broken/We haven't heard any reports of spirit tap not working/spirit tap is working as it should"

There. That's pretty much what you'll get from Devs. It was brought up during the AMA and they claimed there were no issues with it and they had not received any reports of it happening. Note: This has been being reported/bugged since the start of the expansion.

In ToT it would just outright kill your group members when used in some fights and they also refused to acknowledge that.
  3. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Sounds like par for the course.
  4. Korucuu Well-Known Member

This would explain a few things! When I was playing my Mystic recently I did notice the group's power would get drained, I guess I just didn't put 2 and 2 together and realise it was when I hit Spirit Tap!
  5. Revanu Well-Known Member

This is very similar to bolster issue. SOE launched items, SOE coding, new team takes over, new team no idea how to fix.
  6. Melkior Well-Known Member

If it happened occasionally before, it definitely escaped my notice. But it's very repeatable, and pretty obvious now. Hopefully they'll take a look at it. Good to know I wasn't going crazy. Guess I should have been paying more attention previously!
  7. Hdizzleh Member

I play a mystic on Maj'dul as my main. This happens pretty much every big fight when i use Spirit Tap. In raids I have noticed it seems to happen when another group member (or myself) uses Levinbolt or another certain ascension while spirit tap is occurring. Not positive this is the cause, just saying I've noticed it at the same time.. :)
    Agarth likes this.
  8. Agarth Member

I experienced this a lot in raids and i'm pretty sure it works like this :

When your group is under the effect of Spirit Tap, if a group member cast an ability doing billions of damages, the mana regen effect of Spirit Tap will hit some sort of "hard cap" and goes into negatives values. The group will not gain mana but instead the mana will drop to 0 until the next Spirit Tap effect trigger (assuming the next damage is not in billions too).

it shows in your ACT logs : xxx's Spirit Tap refreshes xxx for a critical of 0 mana points.

[IMG]

It's really annoying because when it occurs you drop to 0 mana instantly, if you got a cast in progress it's going to fail since you are now oom. Your mana can regenerate with another trigger, but will be drained to 0 each time an ability hitting the "hard cap" is used over the duration of Spirit Tap. And btw it triggers raid's % mana fail scripts (trakanon for example).

If not fixed, this issue will be even more visible in the next expansion since as usual the damages should increase and this "hard cap" will be reached by more abilities : Using Spirit Tap will become a detriment to the group.