Spirit Dance Upgrade

Discussion in 'Mystic' started by ARCHIVED-quakeroatmeal4, Apr 15, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-quakeroatmeal4 Guest

This spell has been pretty worthless for quite a while for the main reason that if your raid has competent rezzers, most times by the time this spell lands the person you targeted is already back alive.
    If they make this spell Area of Effect (blue), so that you cast w/o target and any1 within range within the max # of targets gets rezzed. This will make up for the drastic increases in cast speed among the other rezzers.
  2. ARCHIVED-Wilin Guest

Only if the casting animation is a dance emote! :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

This is not an unreasonable request imo. In fact, the spell already functions as a blue AE rez. The only problem is that it requires a valid target for the very first rez.
    Ideally, I'd like to see it function thusly:
    First, attempt to rez the current target. If that target is dead, the resulting AE rez is centered on the target that just got rezzed. If that target is not dead, I would want to see the rez go off centered on the Mystic and then offer a rez to any dead targets within it's radius. If no targets are dead in that radius, only then should the spell truly "fail".
  4. ARCHIVED-quakeroatmeal4 Guest

honestly if it becomes blue without a target requirement, i will never target someone for a rez ever again. UNTIL THEN, eff this dumb spell.
  5. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

I don't mind the non-required portion, but I want a target optional capability as well.
    This can come in quite handy in situations like Tormax. Say you are trying to rez a couple folks in the bubble. A flat radius from your location may not reach them, however, you can target and rez them. In this case, if the optional target becomes the "ground zero" for the rez, you can probably pull all the dead people out of the bubble in one cast.
    Quite handy, and in fact this is how it works today. I do think it would be awfully handy to be able to just cast it though, without regard to target.
  6. ARCHIVED-quakeroatmeal4 Guest

mechanics of the spell change that way. honestly if its the mystic who is rezzing, i don't see how area of effect from the person targeted even makes sense. Not to mention, that this seems like the type of request that would cancel out the other. You are basically asking for the logic to change, so that not only does it not have a target requirement, but if you do target someone then it's by their location instead. CANT U JUST BE HAPPY WITH A SIMPLE AND EFFECTIVE UPDATE?