Spirit-blessed arrows - new rare recipe

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-EQ2Magroo, Mar 3, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Osp Guest

Snosael wrote:
    Oh I do agree that it sucks haveing to pay to play. We didnt complain nearly as much about it back when we were T1 DPS with Assassins and Wizards, but now adays when there are class's that are doing 25% more dps on a consistant basis, it just is another slap in the mouth.
    There are now class's that were never intended to be T1 DPS due to there buff and debuff ablities, during the many dev and managment changes, someone had a brilliant idea to bring the buff / debuff class up to T1 dps ablilities to make them more desirable (even tho you already had 2+ in raids) They then decided to nerf Rangers because we "hit" to "hard" and could stand back with the casters.........but then they boosted the casters as well.............NICE !! SoE Failure 100%
  2. ARCHIVED-ranga Guest

No reason they shouldn't rarely drop off some of the tougher heroic bosses like e.g Bloodwood Planks from T'lon for the non-raid rangers.
  3. ARCHIVED-Osp Guest

ranga wrote:
    Fully agree, they probably should have a low chance of dropping off some of the herioc instances.
  4. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

I got no problem with them being more common i just don't want to have to harvest or run groups to get them when I use them for raiding. So dropping off some heroic named in addition to how they drop now would be nice.
  5. ARCHIVED-Snosael Guest

this is still an unacceptable situation for me. i dont have a problem with soe adding something to the game that is an expensive way to increase your damage output. but make it something that all classes have to pay and that effects all classes somewhat evenly. right now these arrows are a disgustingly obscene tax on rangers. even if a ranger were to shell out the cash to use these arrows 100% of the time they would not even be close in damage output with other top DPS classes (who also have much more offer a group or raid than a ranger)
  6. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

Doesn't cost me a more than regular arrows. These void warped wood arrows are actually saving me money since I get 750 arrows with 5 fuel. Would take 16 fuel on titanium field point arrows to get 800 of them.
    So I'm going to assume you are buying the void warped wood off the broker. Not getting them from actually raiding, or when raiding your force doesn't immediately give them to the ranger(s) which would make them extremely ignorant, since with all our problems we would still use them to their fullest compared to any other class. If your not raiding you really don't need them since their best for fighting level 98's or brawler type mobs because of the higher hit rate on the spirit field point, and the higher damage to compensate for the extra blocks/misses that happen on raids.
    That or you missed, up until now, that 5 fuel for 750 of the best arrows is cheaper than 16 fuel for 800 standard arrows.
  7. ARCHIVED-Nevao Guest

Meh, better to just keep quiet...
    Nothing to see here, move along.
  8. ARCHIVED-Karimonster Guest

I wish these would drop for us in a raid zone =/ Void warped wood hates me. Just like the easy Tox bow hates me.

20 freakin plat a week just for an almost full quiver of arrows.
  9. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

Drops rates are a little whacky. Took about a week for me to see one, than a couple of weeks later i thought they changed the drop rate to 100% because every single named we killed in 3 different raid zones were dropping them in one night.
  10. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

Najuba@Blackburrow wrote:
    40k with the hua mein craftermen in sundered frontier
  11. ARCHIVED-Nevao Guest

Neiloch@Crushbone wrote:
    We're averaging about 3 to 5 a week raiding 3 nights a week. One night we won't see any (and that's clearing all easy mode mobs up to Theer) the next time we reset timers we'll see four. RNG does as RNG does.
  12. ARCHIVED-Snosael Guest

Neiloch@Crushbone wrote:
    not raiding and am on a pvp server. it rediculous to think raiders deserve these for free but everyone else has to pay. but then i cant expect much from soe. im still trying to come to terms with reality after soe's gold medal at the sk special olympics. =(
  13. ARCHIVED-Snosael Guest

i cant help but feel that the rangers posting here are sell outs to sony's preferential treatment of raiders over casual players or pvpers.
    they throw u a bone and you can make much better arrows for a lower fuel cost while every other ranger gets screwed.
    shame shame

it is still very wrong that rangers have to pay what they do, raiders or no, in order to do DPS when every other DPS class can do much better and for nearly free.
  14. ARCHIVED-Osp Guest

Snosael wrote:
    So I take it you dont do the tradeskill instances so you can get them either, so you come here to cry that we are sellouts because we get them from raiding...go cry over something worthwhile
    I not only raid, but do tradeskill instances, and since they do drop outside of a raid zone, your only complaint should be, that they should also have a chance to drop off herioc instances. But as a typical casuel whiner you would rather cry the sellout routine.
  15. ARCHIVED-Nevao Guest

Snosael wrote:
    I assume you feel the same way about Fabled Armor? Has it occurred to you that this is just another version of "Raid Gear" that allows Tradeskillers to be involved as well as the raiders. And with the Tradeskill drops it's possible for non-raiders to get them as well.

This is me playing the tiniest imaginary violin on the internet, just for you...