Spells and the lateral grind

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Garandhire, Nov 30, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Garandhire Guest

Sony's new spells system is interesting to say the least. As you progress up in level you also must progress laterally. when I first started playing I assumed that adept 1 spells would become more prevalent as time went by. After rethinking things I found this not to be true. Adept spells are only droped by mobs when an appropriate leveled idividual fights them. This means that mobs that are grey to you will not pop a chest. no farming for loot. This system will keep spells in check.

The adept 3's are aquired through mining of rare drops. Often requiring 20 plus hours of mining to obtain ( At tier 2 ). At tier 3 the mining spawns them selves seem to dwindle also. Combine that with multiple players also trying to mine is going to make that Adept 3 a rare thing.

Then if this was not enough it appears that spells become obsolete as lvl progression continues.

A very large grind indeed. How many of you all will be making the lateral grind? Are the occational adept1 sufficiant? does 20 plus hours for a tier 2 spell that becomes obsolete seem right?

Cya
  2. ARCHIVED-Viromage Guest

I don't think this is true. When doing city writs to kill orc warriors I am getting chests with stupid boots in them all the time of grey mobs, also getting chests off of birds that are grey to me. Maybe this is just something for people below lvl 20 though, not sure.
  3. ARCHIVED-Hidohebhi Guest

I'm still getting chests off grey cons.
  4. ARCHIVED-Garandhire Guest

hmmmm... Odd. I have killed grey orcs by the droves raising status and have never had a chest pop.