Spell stats (Persona)

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Dark_Thorn, Mar 2, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Dark_Thorn Guest

Hi, I am a level 80 warlock with 159 aa points.

I very seldom raid, so basically my equipment is limited to what can drop in regular group dungeons/instances and quests.
    (I tend to solo quite a bit, but also run group instances)

Personally I think my spell stats seem ok, but I am unsure whether they really are, so any feedback on whether they are fair/good/bad etc :) would be very appreciated as well as suggestions for particular items I should look for to bring it higher!

Critical hit: 43% Damage mod: 530 casting:14% reuse:12% recovery:0
    (And as additional info: strength: 117, agi:57, sta:410 int:853 wis:227 (all buffed))

Thanks in advance!
  2. ARCHIVED-kxizm Guest

meh.
    not bad. not good.
    you can get higher crit, and ur spell dmg mod should be way higher.
  3. ARCHIVED-Fendaria Guest

My basically solo'd Warlock was close to where you are at that point, but I had a much higher SD.
    Use the old 1crit =~ 23/24 SD for picking / balancing gear.
    Some suggestions of gear to check out
    Force Hoop. +125SD You can probably buy this off the broker
    Cloak. Crafted cloak with +2 base damage (off broker)
    Secondary/Ranged. +2 crit +50SD crafted item (off broker)
    Doom Magus wrist off Broker (+85 SD)
    There is a decent 2 handed staff in KJ off a faction broker. Rune Scared Jiniskian Staff(?) Or finish Voes and MC instances and grab the Implailer staff (quest for finishing MC), if you haven't finished your epic yet.
    Finish the quest line in Fens for the Thuuga Bangle/Earring
    Finish the quest line for the Gwalnax Brigade Battlecaster's Shoes in KJ
    Finish the quest line for the Fish Embroided Gloves in KJ
    There is a decent belt you can buy from a faction broker in Jarsath Wastes. Diviner's Sash of Alactiry.

After this run the easy TSO instances and get your T1 shard armor. Shoulders and Hat should be good upgrades.

Fendaria
  4. ARCHIVED-Windowlicker Guest

You pretty well want to shoot for 100% spell crit, and around 800-900 spell dam mod. Personally I'd say the spell crit is your primary focus.
  5. ARCHIVED-bellemort Guest

I have found that by primarily focusing on +spell crit damage, most of that gear has +SD, and your +SD will go up fairly well. But most of your DPS increases are going to come from higher spell crit. I know, after changing my focus from cast/SD/+disruption, over to +crit gear/AA, my DPS has gone up approx 1-2K avg ZW for instances, and sometimes as much as 3K higher then before. As it is, I only run about 52% spell crit, but working really hard on upping that, my goal is a minimum of 80.