Spell Research ?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Namian, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Namian New Member

It wasn't a thing back when I played EQ2 - can someone give me a quick recap - with the Kaladim ruleset in mind ? :)
  2. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Basically as soon as you hit level 20 I think it is, the research tab in your knowledge book becomes available. From there, you can select a spell and begin research on it to take it from one tier to the next (e.g. Adept -> Expert, then Expert -> Master) - for lower tier stuff this can basically range from a few hours, to a few days, depending on level and tier, and the higher the level and tier, the longer the research time. You can also spend DBG points (i.e. RL money) to research it faster (the cost scales up based on the amount of research time). On Kaladim, the research tier cap is Master, as opposed to other servers where it can go all the way up to Ancient I believe. So in theory you could pay to have all your spells mastered instantly, or you could just let the research run its course and over time upgrade spells (or of course scribe a master if you acquire one in the meantime).
    Pantaro and Namian like this.
  3. Namian New Member

Thanks! And Master I is the highest you can get? Or is there still a Master II you can pick every 10(?) levels ?
  4. Kindread Active Member

Mountbatten explained it quite well, I just wanted to add ...

• The time to research goes up based both on the level of the spell, and the rank.
      • Example:
        • A level 20 spell on the Fallen Gate TLP server takes 7 hours and 15 minutes to upgrade each rank up to Expert, then it will take 14 hours and 30 minutes to upgrade from Expert to Master.
          • You can spend 49 DBC (Daybreak Cash) to speed up the process by 1 day.
            • This cost never goes up, it is 49 DBC per day of researching shaved off your total regardless if the spell is level 20, or 50, it is only the total research time that increases.
        • There are 5 skill levels you can achieve through research on the Kaladim server:
          • Journeyman (base), Apprentice, Adept, Expert, and Master
            • You can only achieve Grandmaster through the class training at level 14, 24, 34, etc.
            • There is no Ancient spell rank on Kaladim.
          • It is because of this it is wise to get at least Adept (preferably Expert) before Researching, as each rank takes the same (roughly) amount of time, you don't want to be wasting hours or even days when you could have just skipped the first few ranks.
    Hope this helps! :)
    Namian likes this.