spell hotbars broken on one char, /load_uisettings didn't work

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Geroblue, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Not sure how it happened. I was moving things from inventory backpack to another one, and I noticed my spell hotbars had moved around...

Blanks on second row, where it was solid before. first (bottom) row is okay, second row is Alt, third row up is Ctrl. According to the alt-O row 2 should be Ctrl. And third row is Alt.

I even did a /load_uisettings of the same character class from another character. No change to the spell hotbars. Loaded a second character, different class, no changes.

I am using DarqUI. I don't see anywhere I can overwrite, edit, etc. in this UI.

How do I fix this ?

Thanks.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  2. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Use the spinners to get the correct hotbars back to their locations?
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Can't test that as the 3 login servers say they are busy.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Game is down for scheduled patching. Should be up soon!
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Dude like this.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Just saw it a few minutes ago on the forums main page. Launchpad kept telling me my credentials were bad. Same with logging in here. The patch notice wasn't on the main page for me to see... until now. But my Internet has been slow recently.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Dude Well-Known Member

It happens almost every Tuesday at the same time.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Now, Now Mr Blue Hawaii, some of us are plodding along in the heat which affects our memories, right Gero??
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Then it should have said 'patch in progress' not a reply that informed me my password was incorrect.
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I'm working on a couple of sub-sectors for my Traveller rpg site. So its possible I was confused.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Rosyposy, I think I fixed it with the spinners... I'll check my other Templar character later today.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Mine does it all the time, so just remember how you fixed it. I got so I just keep the spinner open on hotbar 1 as that is the one that is always changing.
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I did the spinners until they matched my other Templar character.

Then /load_uisettings of the other Templar, and it straightened out. Whoosh, tiring.
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  13. Grumpy_Warrior It's a KILT, dang it!

There is actually a good reason why hotbars do this, and I'm glad I found it before it drove me nuts. If you look in the Options window under Controls - Hotbar Keys, you'll see there are keyboard shortcuts for switching Hotbar #1 to any of the other ones without using the spinners. Way down near the end of the list are shortcuts for Bank 1, Bank 2, etc. The default for these is [Shift + 1], [Shift + 2] .... So it's no wonder the hotbars get goofed up every now and then. It's very easy to hit [Shift] + a number in the heat of battle when you meant to hit something else. Clear out all ten of these shortcuts and you shouldn't be bothered with this particular mystery any more.
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  14. Breanna Well-Known Member

That's good to know :)
    Cyrrena likes this.
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

My original problem came about this way.

I was moving items from a character's bank backpack to a character's inventory backpack.

For some reason during that the third hotlink row moved down on top of the second hotlink row. I tried for several minets and it wouldn't move back.

All back the way it was, but it was a mess to deal with.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Thank you so much. It was driving me insane. I couldn't figure out why in the last year this started happening!!
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.