Spell Double Attack - not for us;(

Discussion in 'Coercer' started by ARCHIVED-GONYLIN, Jun 17, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-GONYLIN Guest

After getting my first bits of set piecs that conatined SDA from easy mode raids I was pretty disappointed to find it is next to useless for a Coercer;( It doesnt apply to our 3 big reactives, nor to POM (understanable perhaps) and may or may not apply critically to all parts of a DoT depending on whom you talk to if at all after first tic ( including PT). That leaves us only with Heamorrage over a raid as our only spell of decent dps that it may actually apply to as you may first suspect.
    Given that I am capped on Spell cast, Spell reuse, spell mod (for most situations - we are only at start of HM stuff) with the diminishing returns from a few extra Pot and CB this dont seem to leave us much place to go in terms of progression;(
    It looks to me that I would actually get a better return from items with + mellee multi attack than SDA - which hardly makes sense for a mage.
    Oh thanks must go to Slippery and Bandit for replying on the main board and confirming its rubbish:)
    Obam
  2. ARCHIVED-Ratman12345 Guest

I'm pretty sure there is not diminishing returns for CB and Pot seeing how they have no cap, as for spell mod, again with the high amount of Pot we get, the pool for spell mod increases so thats always something to try and max of course.
    And its not just Hemo btw, we have SW and Gaze too, which when they double its pretty nice lol but yeah SDA will never be good for us even if they allow the reactives to be effected mainly due to the gear, there just isn't enough SDA on it to really justify it, and because its very unlikely any coercer will be in a group with an illy at the same time.
    Auto Attack Multi is something i have been playing around with, but i don't see it becoming that useful, just a yay i multi'd on my auto this time kind of joy :)
  3. ARCHIVED-XenslaviorX Guest

I played around with all the respecs we got to see how high I could get my Spell Double attack,

I wasted a few shards and got the 2.5 red and 2.0 yellow = 4.5 SD
    I have HM Ears and Rings = 2.0
    Total 6.5 SD
    Then went down our old AGI line to increase casting speed which would get up into 190's while in raid combat, didnt need to waste points in the end line.
    With this I was able to increase SD to 7.6 SD hardly worth all the AA's although it did seem to proc SD more (compared to 2.0 SD) but as was discussed above without out it popping on reactives it's not worth it, NOW if it did and your Convulsion went off a gazillion times ohh baby =) I would have to rethink the whole thing.
    Slave
  4. ARCHIVED-Zergosch Guest

That means, if you want some DPS you should go somewhere else then SD? oO Sadly.... well already in testing, got around 4% SD... which does almost nothing to me.