Specialty Heals Stacking

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Arielle Nightshade, Jul 29, 2022.

1. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

So..I've been a Warden since launch (well, priest, then druid, then warden...since launch), and have known for years and years that single target specialty heals don't stack with others of the same type. For the first time in years yesterday in a raid I was fighting tooth and nail with a new warden who was casting every possible spell they could on my heal target (Warden in MT group for one of the tougher fights, TLE server). I guess it's 'in years' because most experienced druids know how to work with each other.

Am I just learning after all this time that ANY HoT spell doesn't stack?? Photosynthesis was a complete heal brawl between me and him till I finally said something, but it also seemed like Nature's Embrace was also being overwritten. Is this new?
  2. Ayodi Active Member

I believe not. 2 of the same class hitting same target have always clashed in my experience. Your combat sounds intense for all hands on deck to wash the MT- and fun! Same arch types have always had to co-operate in my memory, prolly just a familiarity thing. Referencing HoT's competing at every level: that does not sound right. You drop a HoT blue party spell it should play nice with another healer's HoT single target spell. The hurly-burly of combat can & often will promote frustration betwixt same arch type healers though :)

-the Ayodi
    Bhayar and Twyla like this.
  3. Bhayar Well-Known Member

That's why you avoid putting the same class types in a group together. Doesn't matter if it's druids, shamans, etc. Mix and match means they can complement each other. It also helps not just in healing, but also with curing detriments in a detriment heavy world we find ourselves in. Some classes have faster casting speeds than others and this shows up for both categories.
    Arielle Nightshade and Twyla like this.