[Spawn Locations] Essences of Magic

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Cragfire, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Cragfire Well-Known Member

The following are locations I have personally found an Essence of Magic. The theory that they spawn as replacements for normal harvesting nodes seems to be false. No normal harvesting nodes spawn in any of these exact locations, though of course they are nearby.

• -580, 70, 615 (Gardens, In a Tree)
    • 400, -150, 880 (Amphitheater, On an Island)
    • 830, 20, 990 (Mage’s Pebble)
    • 880, 15, 865 (Mage’s Pebble)
    • 675, 8, 875 (Underwater, Top of Waterfall)
    • 655, 15, 850 (On Stone, Top of Waterfall)
    • 880, 55, 395 (On side of Mountain Just North of Stratafold Teleport Disk)
    Happy Hunting!
  2. Gharyn Well-Known Member

I have to agree. The only ones I've ever found were in the ocean and on the outer ring. And they were when I wasn't looking. I've never found one when I actually went looking for them.
    Cragfire likes this.
  3. Breanna Well-Known Member

I found 1 twice in the marsh out near the merc.
    Cragfire likes this.
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I've found them in Pakiat Bluffs about three times and once in Aetherscar.
    Cragfire likes this.
  5. Cragfire Well-Known Member

It should also be noted that I found two in less then 20 minutes of each other...
    Xianthia likes this.
  6. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I have too.

Recently (last two weeks I think) someone created wiki page regarding Essence of Magic. The creator doesn't seem to have done any work on figuring out how they work in general. (didn't check before replying, but one thing was it's over an hour long respawn.. what?!) :D

So anyone reading that page, it's just not right in more than one information on it. Or at least it wasn't when they created the page.
    Cragfire and Rosyposy like this.
  7. Gharyn Well-Known Member

First two I ever found were not long after the expansion started. I was running around the outer ring, found one, kept going and found the second within 30 seconds of the first.

The question is, was the second a respawn or was it already up? Only the programmers know for sure.
    Cragfire likes this.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have found them right in the area by the spires when you zone in and up on the rock ledges surrounding the whole island where the spires are. I have found 2 within 30 seconds of each other as well.

All I seemed to have noticed as a trend is that if one is spawned, another does not spawn until the first is harvested. The spousal unit found one and one spawned almost immediately less than 15 meters from me and I was on the opposite side of the zone from him. It seems that 2 are not in existence at the same time. I keep thinking Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle when I think of these.
    Rosyposy and Cragfire like this.
  9. Cragfire Well-Known Member

I kind of get the feeling there is at least 1 up at all times, but only 1 at a time. It's a rather big zone and sometimes they are well hidden; like up in a tree! :)
    Rosyposy likes this.