Spamming the "Play" button....

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Slipshod, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Slipshod Active Member

I am pretty sure that most of us here right now have the Character select screen up and can see the lovely shade of red declaring that the servers are locked. We read the information we were given etc. and KNOW that the servers are not supposed to be up for another two and a half hours. Why then my fellow forum flunkies do we all hit that damned button every 10 seconds? You KNOW you are hitting it. HOPING that they will make SOME kind of error and let you in even for the briefest of moments. We keep hitting that PLAY button.

Just as well. I can confirm that I did exactly this on one expansion (DoF? KoS? I forget which) and got my wish... a wild run for about 5 minutes on a server that was locked. It was awesome. I got about 4 disco's out of it. Still, I am pretty sure that THAT little loophole has been closed. So WHY do you keep pressing that button?
  2. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Not sure why people do, but sure makes me giggle thinking of everyone "camping" the game. I read that somewhere a few years ago and can't help but think about it when there is a lengthy downtime.
  3. Elostirion Well-Known Member

First come first server'ed?
  4. Faliz Member

I've never done as the OP describes, might contribute to my low rate of server and system wide disco's since 2006? What I'm bad for doing is going "AFK" over several real word days then forgetting to patch because I was too lazy to type "/camp desktop" or something. A bad habit from camping mobs in EQ1 I admit.
  5. Faelynn Active Member

... /facepalm :)
  6. Dexella Associate Producer

Heh. Awesome. :)

Not that it will stop play button spamming, but I WILL update y'all once they're unlocked. Just so you know.
  7. Slipshod Active Member

Just wanted you to all be updated on this important announcement: You CAN still shop now! Need another character slot? YOU CAN DO IT!
  8. Mohee Active Member

I'm actually spamming refresh on the shopping page on the SOE site ready to purchase the expac when it pops on there before I log in :D