Sorceress Gwen'vae - whirlwinds & interruption

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Blambil, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Blambil Active Member

hate this fight, hate it most of any fight in the KA zones so far.. why?

Because the interrupt mechanic is broken. As a warden there is NOTHING I can do to keep from being interrupted by the whirlwinds. Zero spell/ability help.
    - Serenity - "Prevents caster from being interrupted -- Still interrupted
    - Tortoise Shell - blocks all AOE - interrupted
    - Cloak of Divinity - "prevents caster from being interrupted, prevents caster from being interrupted due to movement --- Still interrupted

I have the same experience when I play my Inquisitor... My Shaman is only -slightly- better because he has ONE spell he can cast no matter what (Umbral Barrier).

Yes, I realize DPS wins. DPS always wins. DPS shouldn't have to beat broken mechanics.
    Moorefallen likes this.
  2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Could just move away from them?

AoE avoids block the KB's from them anyway. Shouldnt get interrupted while its up.
  3. Blambil Active Member

They chase you, at a fairly fast clip.. and you can only go so far before you're out of healing range.

You'd think AOE avoids block the KB's.. Nope.. Bounced around like a rubber ball, even when shell is up.

That's why I'm saying it's broken.
  4. Earar Well-Known Member

tortoise works. If you're not the target, you're not interupted; I used it already and it works. Now if you're the target of the hurricane, sure it's a pain.
    well my warden is ok, our spells are fast, the fight is annoying but I never felt like it was impossible. I can aoe block and move away from storms and in works for me.
  5. Luzionist Active Member

power drain
  6. Lucus Well-Known Member

use AOE blockers, dispell or have tank with back to wall while group has back to wall on another nearby support pillar, when the sorceress ports have dispell ready and have tank pull back to wall.

it's really not difficult it just takes some teamwork.
  7. Blambil Active Member

My point exactly. They cast both AOE and targeted, and nothing that's supposed to prevent interruption of targeted is working.
  8. Earar Well-Known Member

then u move away from the tornado ...

yeah this fight is annoying if not enough dps and if u get too many tornadoes and adds
  9. Blambil Active Member

Just tested Coercer spell "Channeled Focus" which, with the right AA, promises to "prevent raid and group members from being interrupted" and "prevent raid and group members from being interrupted due to movement"

Whirlwinds still interrupt, both caster, and group.

Come on DB, at least play by your own rules...