Sorcerers

Discussion in 'General Mage Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-x82nd77, Feb 1, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-x82nd77 Guest

I have had a wizard for some time and have been considering starting a warlock for questing. After some research it seems that they suffer a harder time soloing and taking down names due to use of DOTS. Any warlocks out here mostly solo or have an opinion on how they do compared to their DD brothers?
  2. ARCHIVED-wullailhuit Guest

x82nd77 wrote:
    I just leveled a warlock , they can use dots, it's much faster kiling mobs and root breaks a lot , but I solo'd to 90 using 1-2 nukes with root...slow but it is possible,
  3. ARCHIVED-blaiddur Guest

If you have athe room, cast all your dots and kite it. when dots run out root and do it again. works on regular mobs quite well.
  4. ARCHIVED-thajoka Guest

x82nd77 wrote:
    The tougher part is lack of snares. Both wizard roots snare on termination while the warlock ones fear. Fear will break when you damage the mob while the snare has only a chance to break for ~10s. Wizards ice lash dmg proc has a snare component. Also numbing cold, the 5m range aoe 8 target snare is huge since it cannot be broken for 36s. Warlocks I don't believe have any snare abilities, the risk is much higher due to that often. Fears can also get you in trouble if mobs are social nearby.
  5. ARCHIVED-Elskidor Guest

Find them by far easier to solo level than wizards actually. They do better with linked mobs and can aoe crazy. Build up your defense AA and gear up nice and later in the game there is no real need to use root except on heroics. For solo toss your aa into shielding and roll 'em out.
  6. ARCHIVED-Elskidor Guest

Find them by far easier to solo level than wizards actually. They do better with linked mobs and can aoe crazy. Build up your defense AA and gear up nice and later in the game there is no real need to use root except on heroics. For solo toss your aa into shielding and roll 'em out.