Sorc Class Unbalanced?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Mastary, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Alexstrasza Active Member

I'm a wizard.
  2. Rubick Well-Known Member

Yeah after you betrayed back lol. I betrayed today after 14 years of wizarding and I'm doing more dps as a warlock when I have no idea what I'm doing than I did as a wizard. Cast Apoc and cataclysm on cooldown, spam random buttons in between and still parse about 40% higher, seems good. I can't even imagine when I actually learn the class.
    Adoninilol, Beee and Mizgamer62 like this.
  3. Kioske Well-Known Member

If you're parsing 40% higher by just casting Apoc and Cata and then random buttons as a Warlock than you did as a Wizard, I question your skill level as a Wizard....
  4. Kioske Well-Known Member

Warlocks are doing better than Wizards right now, but it isn't 40-50%
  5. Beee Well-Known Member

Apoc and Cata each by themself can make much more DPS than every ascension or even more than many other whole complete classes. But it seems to be perfect ballanced (from a warlockview) :cool:
  6. Vogie Active Member

With the amount of jousting on T3 mobs alone the warlock dps suffers alot especially when you're outside 12m for Cata and Rift. Wizards don't suffer from that so I would assume they would be fairly close. IT is an assumption though. T1/T2 is still whomever gets Celestial Gate procs at the right time except for linked mobs: Dessication > all.

I plan to swap back to Wiz for a few weeks to compare parses as my group is usually the same every raid night. My potency has leveled off so it should be a decent comparison.
  7. Kioske Well-Known Member

I never said they were perfectly balanced.. if you read my post carefully you will see that I said they are not balanced, but the difference isn't 40-50% like other's in this comment thread have suggested.

Vogie, I agree that having to joust can lower, because Cata really is a short range, but even still I think Wizards don't have too much chance of catching up (Unless the fight is 50+ meters)
  8. Mindsway Well-Known Member

I have an off-topic (but sorta related) question, and I didn't want to bother making a new thread for them. What is the best deity for wizards and what is the best ascension for them to use?
  9. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Sol Ro and Etheralist are popular choices.
  10. Earar Well-Known Member

or tribunal for judication

or rallos for devastation of war
  11. Revanu Well-Known Member

any ascension not named geo and sol ro
  12. Rondo9 Active Member

#FIXFIERYBLAST