Sorc Class Unbalanced?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Mastary, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Mastary Member

Anyone else Noticed the huge increase in warlock dps Vs wizard dps this xapc? Its almost impossible for a Wiz to even come close and seems very unbalanced. I dont think 2 subclasses should be so far apart none of the rest of the classes are this outta wack ( well maybe shaman ). Im just wondering if other Wiards feel the same way if there even many left as i know a lot have betrayed cuz its so far unbalanced.
  2. Earar Well-Known Member

only way for wiz to compete is with their class rune (and still)

and look at monks/bruisers .. even worse
  3. Dannni Active Member

Seems devs inadvertently messed up the new tier of 2 of the warlock class spells and havent got round to fixing them yet. Theyve been too busy working late nights to get the tradeskill timeline finished... and fortunately for them sometimes when you break things you make extra money so whats the rush
  4. Mastary Member

Just seems like they wanna kill the Wiz class altogether they are close most have already betrayed or rerolled lol. Well hopefully they dont take away from the lock just balance the Wiz but we will see.
  5. Earar Well-Known Member

I don't think wiz are in such a bad spot. But they require class runes. Whereas warlocks don't need it
  6. Alexstrasza Active Member

As far as im concerned wizards are fine right now.
  7. Dannni Active Member

Yeah wizards are fine... but warlocks are just infinitely better
  8. OnlyMe Member

Or we could say, Wizards have had a useful class rune for a while, while the Warlock one was/is still completely useless? That rune gave wizards a big advantage for a while, now its gone maybe.
  9. Earar Well-Known Member

but then it means wizards without the rune need to be warlocks !

it's like fury/warden. the fury rune is way better .. so they boosted instinct but a fury without the rune is lacking
  10. Vogie Active Member

I'm very new to the Wizard/Warlock scene but so far my Wiz seems to contend with the top dogs single target wise. AOE is just a completely different animal it seems. I do have the Ethereal Wizard Cloak Rune though so maybe that's why.
  11. Xellium Active Member

It all depends on the player.
    A good wizard can compete at both single and muti target fights.
  12. Entropy Well-Known Member

An equally skilled/geared Warlock should win on multi target.

Fixing Fiery Blast to be 1) better and 2) consistently work, should go a long way towards helping wizards achieve strong single target numbers. They aren't bad right now, they just need some of their tools fixed. Add Manaburn to that list - it needs to scale better into current content.
  13. Xellium Active Member

Still holding my breath for a FB fix...
    Turning purple now!
  14. Thand Well-Known Member

in the new patch Evey class except Summomers , wizards,sorcd get up to a 10 percent damage boost. with warlocks getting a nerf to one of thier abilities.
    Why they think Rangers need one is beyond me though.
  15. Vogie Active Member

Wizards seem to be fine single target and if you can get Fusion to reset on shorter aoe fights they hang around as well. Summoners are still very strong both Necro and Conj but yes why they felt the need to buff Rangers yet again is beyond me. Like most are saying the increases will hardly be felt by anyone anyway so I guess we wait and see.
  16. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Hello in deed Worlocks arent unbalanced in any way, because they are back at what they should be a T1 DD.
    The nerved the Dark Siphoning into nearly useless in point of Power Regain , now they lower Damage of Cataclythem on of 2 Spells which is doing correct DPS whats next makeing looks useless set off all procs or what ??

Ich the Wizzards Firey Blast would be corrected Wizzards are back on line of Eyey with looks no need to nerve looks better get the fu.......ing Firey Blast fixed which is broken until T5
  17. Rubick Well-Known Member

They are so fine that you betrayed to warlock.

No, they can't. Entropy can play both at a very high level and I've been playing a wizard for 14 years, can press the buttons in our now mindlessly easy rotation as well as they can be pressed, and he started crushing me and our summoners the first night after betraying from wizard to warlock (before it was a back and forth with the 4 of us). It's not close in any way, on any type of fight. On single targets Apoc wins, on AoE Cata wins, even after that laughable 19% nerf. Every now and then one of us will get lucky and hang up there with him, but most of the time he either beats or barely loses to Vuldamaz, who is about 8-10k potency ahead and has every piece of gear imaginable.

Yeah, wizards are fine and balance is okay outside warlocks imo. Conjurors seem slightly better than wizards, and wizards slightly better than necro, but the balance isn't far off. I'm not sure about scouts, as we only have 1 ranger and he stays out of our top 5 generally.

You lost all credibility with your first sentence. Of course they should be a T1, but with where they are now one of three things is happening: 1) You're delusional, 2) Your warlock is doing something wrong and not fully utilizing his class, 3) You are the warlock and are trying to keep your class from getting nerfed.
    Cheral likes this.
  18. Xellium Active Member

I suppose everyone's oponion is based on what they have personally seen.
    I know Rangers are good because we have a competitive one in guild.
    Our Warlock has limited availability due to RL so I wouldn't personaly know they are OP.
    I don't believe the devs play this game tbh.
    Warlocks got a nerf but Monks are left with Dragonfire.
    Makes no sense.

FIX FIERY BLAST ALREADY....
  19. Vogie Active Member

Very valid point as we often have a Ranger and Assassin top our parses and there's so many people complaining about how poor Assassins are. . .
  20. Nkito Well-Known Member

There are excellent players that can make any class look good. Where I find useful feedback is when one of these players betrays and can demonstrate a sizeable gap in performance, often times doing better immediately on the class they have less experience with. Many have done this with sorcs and predators lately.