Sony, what on Norrath is the point of a Bovach warder....

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Taemisa, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Taemisa Active Member

.SOE are you a bunch of sadists? Seriously. What is the use of giving us a Bristlebane Bovoch warder when taming it will overlay our Frostfell reindeer warder?

What is the point of me having one of those neatlooking glowing red lions from the Shard of Love when it means I can't tame a icemane lion without losing my SoL lion?

These are just skins, right? So why can't we just switch back and forth from one skin to the other? You already have us doing it with petamorph wands so the programming is essentially already there.
    Emms, Cloudrat and Absyntheea like this.
  2. Gilasil Active Member

It's all about choices. Pick one.

SoE did a nice thing for beastlords by giving them some fun choices. I know how some people REALLY want a bovich so they were accomodated. That's cool! Please don't ruin it all by whining. If you want to make a suggestion please word it more nicely as they were trying to do something nice for us.

So if you only have one beastlord you're just going to have to choose. Or you could be like me who has three beastlords (and contemplating rolling a fourth -- you can never have too many beastlords) and then you can have both.

As for me, I wasn't one of the people who was in love with that model so I"ll pass on the bovich because I prefer Rudolph. Others may choose differently. More power to them. Now that I now that those lions are tamable I may have to go in there and pick one up though.
    Tariya likes this.
  3. Archaical Active Member

WoW kids like it.
  4. Taemisa Active Member

Well actually I felt this way the moment I realized that taming another warder of the same category overlayed the first skin. I just couldn't believe that SOE had actually set it up that way.

And making a new beastlord for every skin? Are you serious?

Now let a dev come and tell me that it really isn't just another skin and that what I'm asking for would be really complicated for them to deliver and I'll listen. But don't tell me to have a different beastlord for five different bovids because that's just plain ridiculous.
  5. Taemisa Active Member

And WoW kids ridicule what other players like.
    Absyntheea likes this.
  6. Mystfit Well-Known Member

What's the point of "catching 'em all" if I can't display 'em all ;) (To heck with WOW, let's go Pokemon. ) I would LOVE to take my BL and go get every mob out there and then get to use them at my whim.
    Course I won't play a warder other then Meatbeast, so don't listen to me.... :)
    I would love a holiday warder. A holiday would net you a special warder..the reindeer wouldn't be a bovoid warder, he'd be a Frostfell warder. The pink Meatbeast would be a Bristlebane warder.
    As noted above, I"ve no clue if there is a reason it was done as it was. I ahve no idea if it's doable. No harm in suggesting :)
    Cloudrat, Rael and Absyntheea like this.
  7. Balbasur Active Member

what is a wow kid? is that wolrd of warcraft this is everquest two please don't mix topics ty
    Cloudrat likes this.
  8. VeilShard Active Member

And here I was just thinking while playing my.necro how nice it must be for beast lords to get so many options for skins. While we are at the mercy of whatever our latest grim sorcerer looks like. And most pets I have will never get a chance to see the light of day because they were pointless to summon.
    I guess the more soe gives the more people want.. in eq1 beast lords had one skin per race and all that happened was it got big!

I probably would be responding differently if your first sentence wasn't calling soe sadists because you have such a tough decision about what pet look you want. And maybe others would listen as well if you put it a nicer way
  9. Malleria Well-Known Member

On that note: eq1 tiger warders are way better than the eq2 tigers :(
  10. Taemisa Active Member

Well sorry but I do think it's just a wee bit sadistic to give us a special Frostfell warder then give us a really special Bristlebane warder but whoops there's a catch, you have to lose your Frostfell warder. I mean that's not going to make people feel all warm and fuzzy now is it?

Oh and by the way, looks like some people are agreeing with me.

Incidentally, I use the same warder 90% of the time and just use a petamorph to give it a different look. It's the principle of the thing that is causing me to protest here, not that I'm actually upset about losing the reindeer warder (I don't even have the reindeer warder).

My remark about SOE's sadism was kind of tongue in cheek really. Your profile claims that you're an active member of these forums so surely you must know that there are people who have said much, much worse things about Sony....and meant it.

I do hope Sony gives necromancers a choice of skins. See I can be nice towards other classes as well.
  11. VeilShard Active Member

Right I have seen plenty worse but do you think by insulting the devs they will sit up and listen? It's not always what you say but how you say it.
  12. Archaical Active Member

WoW kids rejoice!
  13. SteelPiston Active Member

They should have made one of them Mystical to avoid having to lose your Rudolph.
  14. Sharann Well-Known Member

I must admit that I was sad to see that it overlapped my Rudolf. WoW-style is much better in that regard. You put a stablemaster and you stable your mounts you want to keep. There is no need to have them overlap.
    Emms and Cloudrat like this.
  15. Taemisa Active Member

Well if the Devs are devastated by my tongue in cheek remark then I apologize.
  16. Mae- Well-Known Member

As a necro main, I am not at all sad that you get a choice of which cool looking pet you want to play with. Make a choice, big pink bovich, or Rudolph. At least you GET a choice.
    Rotherian and Alenna like this.
  17. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Heh. We don't get a choice unless we want to buy a petamorph wand from the marketplace or farm SoL for the ones that drop there. I was all excited when I got my new mage pet, then less excited after I cast the spell. o_O
  18. Gudum Active Member

Just glad I heard that this would replace the reindeer warder before I spent a lot of time looking for one.

What I would really like is a way to lock each type of warder, so that you at least get warned if you try and tame something that would replace it. This one isn't that bad, since presumably the reindeer will return with frostfell, but where would I find another emerald cave bat?
  19. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I haven't played my BL in a long while. Are you suggesting there are things that are classified as bats (as far as taming warders is concerned) that aren't...well...bat-shaped? If so, what?
  20. Gudum Active Member

No, not suggesting that. just that, when a warder is something that will (possibly) never be available again, I'd hate to lose it by accident (probably by doing something stupid like targeting the wrong animal while trying to tame it).