Song/Spell/Art resists

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Kyndriana, Jun 20, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Kyndriana Guest

So, I was plowing through mobs last night with ACT running. I LD'd and had to alt+ctrl+del which takes a few minutes on my computer. I was actually looking through all of the information on ACT and realized something that doesn't sound very good ...
    Clara's Chaotic Cacophony, Daro's Sorrowful Dirge, Dishearting Descante, Hymn of Horror and Zander's Choral Rebuff were resisted every single cast. My ministration and subjugation are at rock bottom, but the ordination and the other one are near capped. Int is over 230 at level 50; it could be better, but I started trading int for strength lately, dropping the int by about 45 points.
    I'm still blowing through mobs, but wow ... Anyone have any insight on this?
  2. ARCHIVED-eqaddictedfool Guest

what skill are these abilities and are you using the ones for your current level. Im not quite sure what the new names of the lines are but app1 is resisted more than adept 1. Adept 1 is resisted more by adept 3 and you get the picture. also the skill of those abilites that those spells use are very important however its been quite some time since I have raised those and am unsure of which skills they use.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kyndriana Guest

Well, this is the only toon I actually make sure has the best of everything that I can afford. She's wearing full level 50 melodic gear, two 3second weapons, all spells/CA's are at least Adept level, many are Master. I just don't "get" it - unless it has something to do with Subj/Min.
    Chanty
  4. ARCHIVED-eqaddictedfool Guest

it would only have to do with those if those abilities use subj/min. Now if you are trying to debuff a group its very common that at least 1 will resist the debuff your trying to land while the other 2 or 3 may get it.
  5. ARCHIVED-thecynic315 Guest

Are you sure it was resisted everytime? Last I checked ACT will only pickup our Debuffs IF they are rsisted, if they land then nothing is logged so nothing shows in ACT.
  6. ARCHIVED-Kyndriana Guest

Androw@Najena wrote:
    Oh, I didn't know that Androw. That must be it then - now I feel MUCH better! Thank you.
    Ky
    P.S. I'm still a little confused on the respec thing, but thanks for trying. lol
  7. ARCHIVED-duuf Guest

Ordination controls buffs and debuffs.
    Int has no effect on resists.
    Resists are initially high for spells until debuffs start landing.
    When the spell sticks on at least one mob the spell button will grey out.
    On orange mobs it is not unusual to take 3 casts before they stick.
    Have quit casting Banshee on pull as it is resisted most of the time and almost never resisted after debuffs are in.
    Duubard