SONG Dynasty in Ancient China

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by ARCHIVED-primejockey, Nov 2, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-primejockey Guest

After having done my first house of Decepticon Transformer, my wife asked me to decorate her house. She guessed I would make another Transformer for Autobot. However, this time I bring her to the world of the ancient China in my mind: solemnity, meditation and tranquility.
    The decoration is based on the ancient China culture (around A.D. 1000).
    Courtroom
    [IMG][IMG]" />
    [IMG][IMG]" />
    [IMG][IMG]" />
    [IMG][IMG]" />
    Meeting Room
    [IMG][IMG]" />
    [IMG][IMG]" />
    [IMG][IMG]" />
    [IMG][IMG]" />
    Military Department
    [IMG][IMG]" />
    [IMG][IMG]" />
    [IMG][IMG]" />
    [IMG][IMG]" />
    Monastery Area
    [IMG][IMG]" />
    [IMG][IMG]" />
    [IMG][IMG]" />
    [IMG][IMG]" />
    [IMG][IMG]" />
    Gate to hell (Yanluo)
    [IMG][IMG]" />
    Server: Butcherblock
    Owner: Damnbard
    House: 5 room Halas house-Manors of Mithaniel (thanks Cutye1123 for this supplement)
    Decorator: Molook
  2. ARCHIVED-Cutye1123 Guest

I went and looked at this today so amazing at the work you put into it nicely done, for those of you that had trouble finding it it is at the "Manors of Mithaniel"
    Very NICE job!!!
  3. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Wow that is stunning, terrific work!
  4. ARCHIVED-Severai Guest

Fantastic use of a Halas manor, you've made it look so different! But what I like most is your use of certain items - the many-armed mannequin/statue/etc goddesses, the stained glass light fitting and the inlaid white screen panels. Lovely!
  5. ARCHIVED-Pebix Guest

Beautiful detail work, so creative!
  6. ARCHIVED-GothicHeart Guest

I really love how you used the stained glass windows to make that beautiful tiffany style light fixture! Very unique. I may have to come check this one out in person!
  7. ARCHIVED-Aikidragon Guest

Gorgeous. What is that in the windows and doorways seperating rooms? I'm guessing creative use of rails and columns?
  8. ARCHIVED-primejockey Guest

The decoration for the windows and door way is with reference to the Chinese traditional style wooden frame.
    [IMG][IMG]" /> [IMG][IMG]" />
    The main materials, yes, rail and tall column has been used.
    The many-armed mannq is refer to Yamantaka, a defender of Dharma, Wrathful manifestation.
    [IMG][IMG]" />
    Thank you for all the comments~~
  9. ARCHIVED-Goldinrae Guest

Absolutely beautiful work. Love the statues and the monestary area :)
  10. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

Awesome work! I love it! :)
  11. ARCHIVED-Fallingdove Guest

So very nice ..So many details and interesting features it held my attention from start to finish .Well done I loved it .:)
  12. ARCHIVED-Afista Guest

Oh wow, the details here are amazing. Love what you did on each of the statues, they really become show pieces. And the monastary area is lovely too. Great ideas!