Something to test, like we did with prestige housing...

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thanks! But I'm already in a guild on AB, Restoration. They're pretty darn cool. :)

But thanks for the thought! :)

Uwk
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I know you are an alt-o-holic like me, so the day may come when you create another. If so and you need or want a guild, give me a yell. Also if you wish to join Meneltel and I in our channel, send me a tell and I will send you the info, you wont lack for a group most of the time if you need or want one.

I swore 6 slots ago that I would not buy any more slots and make any more characters, but seeing as that was 6 slots ago, well, we can see that it is like a New Year's Resolution, made but not kept. I have enough DBCash to buy another slot and I have been slapping my hands for 3 weeks so I don't do it, but we both know it will happen.
    Soara2 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I think it was Robert Fulghum who once made a list of all the things he did that year he was proud of and happy with, made a list, backdated it, and called them "New Year's Resolutions." Finally! Ones he could keep! :D

Uwk
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  4. Soara2 Well-Known Member

I PL on Majdul my little alt, Sat and Sunday, I work 13 hours a day during the week. So I am on today if you want hon
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thanks for the thought! :)

Hang on...thirteen hours A DAY during the week?? Sounds like a violation of several labor laws; what is it you DO?? :-/

Uwk
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

If she is salaried, they are allowed to define how many hours comprise the work week. If she is hourly, she should be getting overtime which is always welcome.

I use to do 12-20 hours per day when I was younger and MS free and I was hourly so lots of overtime and when I hit 80 hours it went from time and a half to double time and if I hit 100 hours, it went to triple time.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Wow! Most impressive, both of you! :)

Uwk
    Dude and Soara2 like this.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I wish I could still do it. I have loved all my jobs and have only left when made redundant until the MS took over and I could not do it any longer. Its hard to walk death row and make sure everybody remains safe if you cannot control twitches and spasms and everything else MS decides to throw at you.
    Dude, Soara2 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Soara2 Well-Known Member

LOL. Well I work like that but not every day. It only comes out to 45 hours a week. Its like 8 hour, 13, 13, 13, then another pay period starts and its 13, 13, 13, 8, then off 6 days in a row and start again. one hour is for being on call too. so 45 hrs a week

I'm off now 2nd day off. I dispatch gas trucks to convenient stores.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Wow, that is actually a nice schedule. I wish I could get the SSA to tell me how much I am allowed to earn on disability and not become ineligible. There are a couple things I know I could do from my house so twitches and spasms wouldn't matter as public safety would not be at risk. In Ireland we don't have the SSA so I was not familiar with any of this until I moved to the states with a job. I was made redundant when they went back to Ireland, my girls were in high school and begged to stay here, they didn't want to change schools and leave friends, The Mum, gave in to the children and stayed here, that is when I became a death row guard.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Whoofka...and I thought I had interesting career changes. :-/

Who all have you spoken to in the SSA? Some "techs" are more helpful than others. :-/

Uwk
    Soara2 likes this.
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I even went to a local office and spoke to everybody from the clerk at the window to the office manager, they all said that it is not a static figure so they don't know. I asked if they would please find out, spent 6 hours there and still no answers.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Thank you Sigrdrifa, this is what I have been asking them. With the cog fog which I have more often than not, I do not have the concentration to sit and read every, single, thing that they point to in Federal publications, all the SSA people would have needed to do is point me to the information that you provided.

Thank you again.
  15. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Robert A. Heinlein: "No matter how lavishly overpaid, civil servants everywhere are convinced that they are horribly underpaid- but all public employees have larceny in their hearts or they wouldn't be feeding at the public trough."
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

On the other hand: "The first duty of government is to protect the powerless from the powerful." --Hammurabi

Sometimes they forget that... ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I was employed at a large federal agency ;)
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

"They're penetrating the bureaucracy!" --Gilbert Huph of Insuricare, The Incredibles

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  19. Seni Active Member

Cyrrena, pm me if you need some more status on the door to get in on MD. I take care of 4 guilds (2 of my own, co-leader in a dead guild where everyone left to go take care of RL things and never returned, and co-leader in one where the leader left and I was the only officer left to push through a leadership change after 5 years of waiting.. gave co-leader to the only other one who signed on in 2 years and together we upkeep that one). Strange how that worked out. Anyway I have status just sitting on many characters and am happy to share, just holler ;)
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Thank you so much Seni. That guild on MD when started only 3 of us remained after creation, guess the others didn't want to hang out with 2 halflings and a gnome, but it was created on 09 November 2004, the other 2 left to take care of RL obligations and never came back. I was not able to get a leadership vote on that one until 2014 even though I was the only one that had logged in since January 2005. I miss those other two, Slaighter and Phileaus, and wish I could "see" them again. I did not boot them when I got leadership, I made them both 2nd rank so if they came back they would still be in the guild. *sighs longing for friends from the past*