Something to test, like we did with prestige housing...

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I know the Powers have detested the idea of making guild halls affordable, but how about this: make it so the status can be ameliorated by any other status reduction item, but only to a certain point? Say, down to 25% of status cost, or something, or perhaps scale it as appropriate (25% of a huge amount needed is still pretty huge), but not completely eliminate it. I think that would make both sides happy. :)

Uwk
    Katz, Soara2 and Rosyposy like this.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The status upkeep on my hall is 873,000 per week, yes nearly 1 million status per week and there is really only me, the spousal unit is on strike again. I am in desperate need of a double guild status weekend so I can refill my door.

Something like this would make me do the snoopy dance all over Norrath. You are a genius Uwk!!!!!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  3. Breanna Well-Known Member

YA no kidding status on my guild hall is over a million, and it's only me. Now I'm doing tradeskill writs just for the status to pay the upkeep, and they don't even help level the guild anymore. I broke it down though like 7 rush orders a day gives me enough to pay the status every week without any help from anything else so it isn't that bad. I just wish I didn't have to waste 15 minutes a day doing writs that don't help level the guild but that is what I choose to do I wanted the BIG guild hall with lots to decorate and plenty of room for everybody :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

My sister and I manage our GH, a T1 in Qeynos. But we both have raiding toons, and we do the weekly/daily quests. Every so often, I drop a big wad of status into escrow then we ignore it for a long while.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You and me both; I had barely a week left recently and have the Nebulous Newsies on two toons, so since my dreams of a double status event were dashed this July 4th (thanks, devs :-/), I couldn't wait any longer and tried doing the quest anyway.

With a level 93 and a level 95. X-P

Nope. Both got their butts handed to them by the damn undead Rangers (that ghost is really, really sick...), who were orange to them, but they're the highest level toons of mine on that server, so until I can level past 95 (hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!), I'll have to do the emergency triage of crafting writs as well. :-/

I figured I couldn't be the only one in that boat. :-/

Uwk
    Lateana and Breanna like this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I own a guild that I have not been in in 10 months because my toon ( I am the only one playing ) just can't pay the status
    or the plat .
    And this guildhall is almost empty, so I could have fun decorating.
    I also take care of a second guildhall on the test server , my leader has not been on in ages.
    So sigh I don't have time to do all those writs even if in my case both those guild halls are still under level 100.
    Some people have a life and I am playing "Test " and "Fallen Gate" and I still play a little on "Stormhold ",
    that gives me almost no time to fill up on plat and or status on my guildhall.
    Thanks for putting up this thread "Uwket ", I always was wondering about something like that.
    There could be some special quests to earn rebates for guildhalls on regular servers that could be a group or 2t raid
    on test it better be at most a group effort.
  7. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I support everything above. I have a T1 on Test and a T2 on live, cut down on some amenities as I'm alone in both, run to HoT hall when I need a recipe that can be bought on the guild NPC, and still playing through the massive status influx from the newsies quests from last year (ran it on 3 chars on Test during double-status, 5 on live and some old timers from Storms can help if I need anything there).

We can negate status cost on houses, even gold rent, but something to cut down on amenities rent in Halls would really be a boon. Can be a quest, can even be a status-bought item on city merchant that would make a permanent status rent reduction on halls (not at a 100 million price obviously). Anything really.
  8. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Small hall, all depots except harvest and spells in your main published house. T1 hall if it's just you. Lots of level 100 alts e newsies and ToT quests and you can have more then 8 years of escrow in your door like I do. I have been known to recycle char slots. Lol for alts. Doesn't take much to get them to 100. Of course my guild is 6 yrs old though so I had plenty of time to do this
  9. Breanna Well-Known Member

I have a Tier 4 guild hall because I like to decorate LOL I could probably drop that to a tier 3, but the status and upkeep really isn't a problem I just do tradeskill writs and other stuff and drop the status in plus I have 30 million status on a few of my guys that haven't even dumped it in yet. It took me months to decorate but it was fun. I've been thinking about getting a smaller one just so I could decorate again but then I'm already at my limit on the big one, and everytime I find something cool, I have to find something to get rid of SIGH!!!
    I would love it if they changed it a bit.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have a T4 and a T2 on AB, yes, I have 2 different guilds. When I bought the T4, it was just after a double status weekend and I worked my tail off getting enough status to cover the upkeep estimating 1 mill status per week for a year. The year came and went in May and now I am doing anything and everything to get status to keep feeding the door.

The T2 has enough status on its door to keep it paid for at least another year if I don't get any amenities that are not already in there.

I also have a T1 on Maj'Dul and the baby toons that are there really cannot get the status without some kind of bonus weekend to stock the door there. But I created that guild with 2 others within 4 days of launch in 2004 and I am the only one left, so I will not give that hall up. I just do not go there unless there is some kind of status event so the baby toons can fill the door.

Yes, I know, I got myself into this by getting these halls, I knew the expenditures in advance. But I also relied on history which said we had more double status weekends typically than we have seen this past year. I know, I know, never assume, but I did. I will just keep doing what I have been doing to keep the T4 open until a double status comes around, I have 11 characters that can turn in Newsies and Guides Guide, which will be more than enough status to keep that door stocked, I also have 11 characters on the spousal unit's account that can turn those same quests in.

@Breanna use a couple of your characters and get a second guild and hall, then you have more space to deco in. *grins*
  11. Breanna Well-Known Member

@Cyrrena OOO that would require starting a second guild so no way LMAO
    Not sure how you feel about tradeskill writs, but by my calculations on the 110 writs I only have to do 7 of the rush orders a day takes maybe 15 minutes, and that gives me enough status for the week to pay the upkeep. So all the extra status I get from all the other stuff is a bonus. The sad thing is my guild is level 125 now so the rush writs do nothing for me other than the status, but eh it's only 15 minutes a day so not bad.
  12. Katz Well-Known Member

I would absolutely love to be able to use a status reduction item. I am doing ok paying for mine but I've avoided getting the depots (except for the least expensive harvesting depot) and didn't get the expensive NPC that gives you the flag to plant that guildies can then travel to due to the status upkeep.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

hmm maybe have special expanders for guild halls , now there is another item for sages to make
    A new recipe for 200 items just for guild halls and than one for 300 or 400 to buy for DC.
    Katz, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Brilliant! :D

When I helped out a young guild get their hall on Maj'Dul, they wanted a T1 in Gorowyn since everything was right outside the door, and unlike New Halas, the Banker, Broker, merchants, etc. there would talk to ANYONE not stupid enough to wear out their welcome by attacking the guards. Well, worst came to worst and I inherited the place, but they did have a point. As it is, there's a House Portal thingee, a World Travel Bell, a Wizard Spire ('cause Wizards are waaay too pricey to hire and upkeep ;->), a Druid ('cause the actual Druid Rings apparently don't work the way a Wizard Spire does, at least I've never seen such happen), and a Call to Guild Hall thingee. Five amenities; that's it. Everything else is, indeed, right outside the doors, or in a member's Gorowyn house (thank goodness for lots of alts ;->) nearby. :)

Uwk
    Soara2 likes this.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

"Uwkete" I think you did not quite understand what I was talking about .
    My idea was all about those guild halls out there that are running out of decorating space like "Breanna".
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Irk, yeah, I was mainly responding in general, rather than to yours, you're absolutely right...and you're right about the item expander suggestion! :)

I mean, sheesh, if they can give us 900 slots (before expanders) for a mere 2-room prestige house, they can certainly take the limit on a Hall up a notch or two. ;->

Uwk
  17. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

My T4 is 143 now, so all I get is the status as well, and that is all I need. I dump all the status I can on that door. I can still fund the T2 with writs though.
  18. Soara2 Well-Known Member

If u r on majdul, friend kindled and leapord. I can pl you some uwkete
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Very cool, thanks! :)

Kindled and Leapord? Got it. :)

Uwk
    Soara2 likes this.
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

As for any you have on AB, I can guild you there and you are free to use the resources in my T2 hall as you wish. Send me a tell on Cyrrena or a PM here if you wish and we can arrange something.
    Soara2 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.