Some Warlock spell suggestions

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Morghus, Jun 30, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

Any chance our dumb-fire spells could share the love summoner dumb-fires are getting?
    Also some other changes I would like:
    Aura of Void: more triggers/better distance like other spells, right now it has a short range in comparison.
    Acid Storm's casting animation should be made similar to the mana/lifeburn spells...the current one looks silly. And faster casting and faster damage ticks/nixing distance based damage for the high end all the time would be nice.
    Broodlings: Should be changed to look like the insect/mimic-like shadow creatures and explode on death.
    Netherlord: Space Lobster please! And better/faster damage, explode on death, anything really.
    Radiation: Faster casting/reuse, more damage please.
    Encounter and Single target curse: Remove for something useful.
    Rift: Some more damage would be good.
    Apocalypse: Remove target limit.
    Dark Pyre: Similar casting time to acid would be nice.
    Fun Spells: Better fun spells please!

Well, those are the changes I would like. If anyone else has some good suggestions please add them.
  2. ARCHIVED-Soulslayer1 Guest

Morghus wrote:
    Alll good suggestions imo. Def making apocalypse a AoE sounds awesome. I mean we have 2 bluies... and im never fo
    nd about waiting on a rift cast lol. So would love to see so called ae dps class get more then 1 continuosly efective ae. Now that i think about it since TSO came out... my encounter spells get alot more use lol
  3. ARCHIVED-Korvac Xavier Guest

I agree with most of this. The visual effects are not high on my wish list but to each his own, I'm sure there are plenty that play this game for the visuals.
    Aura of void- we might be asking too much for more trigger, but increasing the range is a great idea. I don't know why it is so short int he first place.
    broodlings/netherlord- Something needs to be done with these. They could either give them an aoe on termination, or make them ae immune. If they made them ae immune they would still have to work extensively on netherlords dmg as it is horrid.
    Radiation- yes this spell needs either a lot more dmg or a faster casting/reuse time, one or the other would be nice, we dont necessarily need both
    Curses- both curses need to be completely revamped or eliminated all together for something new.
    Apocolypse- I totally agree with removing the target limit, again something that has never made sense.
    Rift- this is a big one for all warlocks for quite some time. We are the designated aoe class yet wizards have a more damaging aoe. The dmg on this spell should be comparable to fission, and still keeping the max targets it has now, make this spell as special as fission or ice nova is to the wizards.
    2 that I would like to add
    Pillaging- would like this spell do do much more power regen for the group per tick, enough to make a real difference. Can increase the reuse time on it to compensate.
    Plaguebringer- I would like the reuse of plaguebringer to match the reuse of the wizard final aa. Why do we have to wait an extra 15 seconds for ours in the first place.
  4. ARCHIVED-nereid27 Guest

Above Plaguebringer /really agree. and
    One more add.
    About acid strom. Did you guys know acid strom has max AoE target limit?
    I guess that's eight.
    remove target limit or increase AoE target limit pls. would be good for us bcoz we are AoE speciallist.
  5. ARCHIVED-MarkisDecimus Guest

- Make the Curse of Darkness an encounter fear spell or a chance to fear target on succesful hostile spell.
    - Make the other single target curse a mezz.
    - Pillaging should return more power per tick and cost health over time instead of power to cast.
  6. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

With Wizards getting their Rays changed to be another big hitter, I think it would be fair if some Warlock spells were altered/improved or a few replaced with something to equal the buff they are getting as per the suggestions here. Netherbeast line is grossly inferior to the Wizard version along with our other dumbfires need some serious loving. It also sucks alot for us with the raid encounters that strip our dots or lower a currently ticking spell's damage from their effects.