Some questions

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Mumrha, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Mumrha New Member

Hi all,
    seems like it's almost impossibile to play this game without membership so I have a few questions before subscribing:
    1) Is it possibile to transfer one character from one server to another? For free I hope
    2) How many familiars/mercs can I have active at the same time?
    3) I know merc fights too, what about familiars?
    4) If I buy a 6 months subscription do I get immediately 3k daybreak cash or still 500/month?
    5) With subscription how many expansion will I get?

Also I'd like to ask if there are any addons/bot/programs/anything useful to fasten some routine (like harvesting and crafting). I only know eqmaps. And some site to have some building hints, list of spells, equipment, etc
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

1) no, for a fee and some restrictions on servers
    2) depends on what you mean by active. if you mean how many can you have in your merc/familiar tab it's not a limit as far as i know except you have to get the mercs and some are more difficult to get than others. you can have 1 merc and 1 familiar summoned at a time
    3) familiars boost your stats and may have abilities that proc
    4) 500 per month
    5) up to and including Altar of Malice, except if you have bought any later expacs, then you will get up to and including that expac.
    Geroblue and Soara2 like this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Yes. It's not free, you can purchase a transfer token from the Marketplace.

One of each.

Familiars are just buffs with an animation.

500/mo.

I believe you have the expansions up through Altar of Malice. For any expansions past that, you'll need to purchase an expansion. The new expansion, Reign of Shadows, is in Beta right now and can be pre-ordered.

EQ2 does not allow botting. You can box, but every action your characters take in the game world have to be the result of you pressing a key. You can't automate anything. Read the Terms of Service for the exact language.

All of the game windows in EQ2 are XML, so it's possible to customize your UI. Right now, probably the best is DarqUI. You'll find all that stuff at EQ2Interface.com

Also helpful is the Advanced Combat Tracker logfile parser.
    Wanderer86 and Soara2 like this.
  4. Mumrha New Member

Thank you for the informations! :)

Is there, maybe, a site with some guides? Like where to harvest, how to craft, characters builds, how to get the best equip...
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Kithal Member

Soara2 and Mumrha like this.
  6. Mumrha New Member

Thanks a lot!
    I still have some questions...

1) which servers are the most populated?
    2) are Kronos wanted? I was thinking of buying one to sell on market to get lots of money fast
    3) flying mounts can be used only at lv 80 (or around that lv)?
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Kithal Member

I think Maj'Dul is generally regarded as having the highest population (big question mark there). Antonia Bayle (role-playing preferred server) is usually up there and Kaladim (the time-locked progression server for subscribers only) is listed as "High" population pretty often too.

Here's the official server status page: https://www.daybreakgames.com/status/#eq2

I can't comment on Kronos, except that you'll also have to buy Broker Tokens to even attempt selling it.

Flying mounts are usable at level 85. Doesn't matter if that's your adventuring class or tradeskill class. I used to have quite a few level 85+ tradeskillers with flying mounts despite being in the 50s for their adventuring classes. You can use a ground mount at level 1, and there are "leaping" mounts available at level 30 (jump really high, over buildings and mountains).
  8. Mumrha New Member

Hello, I have a couple more questions:

[IMG]

1) It has appeared a weird window with some numbers (the big, green 14 on top). How can I remove it?
    2) I start having too many hotbars in the middle of the screen...is there a way to split and move some?
    [IMG]
    Soara2 and Hartsmith like this.
  9. TechUp Active Member

10. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

I am not 100% certain, but the green number looks like the amount you (or your enemies) are getting in health boost (if it pops up every now and again). Honestly that is something I tend to ignore, but I'm guessing you could can disable it from the Options Window (can't recall if I custom keyed mine to press "o") you can open that from the menu that you open by clicking the EQII icon on the bottom left corner. On the User Interface tab just under Item Tooltips heading you will find Name and Chat Bubble with an expand/shrink option. Expand it. Then scroll down until you see "Show Overhead Combat Feedback. After you uncheck that you won't see those numbers floating up.

The Hotbars (and many UI windows) can be unlocked, resized, and moved to wherever you want. The quickest is to right click on one of the buttons (an empty key will give slightly different menu). Clicking Hotbar Settings will allow you to adjust the size to your preference. Similarly, if you open your Bags/inventory, you will see a couple buttons next to the X at the top of each bag. These will adjust each individual bag slot's size or the bag's contents depending on the key you press, and unlocking the window allows you to rearrange where each bag slot opens.
    Schmetterling and Soara2 like this.
  11. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Here you go just a little hotbar video. I was cooking so yeah was standing there for a few minutes after zoned. You can always fast forward a little till you see me messing with the bars again. LOL Anyway, quick and not made well. I thought the mic was on, but wasn't I guess. Hope it helps!

Mumrha and Breanna like this.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

is there no sound ? or is that only that I don't get any ?

lol pumpkins
    Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  13. Soara2 Well-Known Member

IDK. I turned the mic on and was talking but I don't hear it either
    Dude and Breanna like this.
  14. Soara2 Well-Known Member

I figured it out. I usually play with the sound off, so had to put the master sound back on in game to get it to work in videos. Been too busy lately to remake though. Lol I know! I didn't see the pumpkins until I watched the video later. Lol
    Breanna and Dude like this.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea with the sound of , you could not hear them hit you , it makes a pretty loud sound .
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  16. Soara2 Well-Known Member

They weren't hurting me. I was cooking while making the video so went to check on bread. I usually listen to music or talk on the phone when I play.
    Hartsmith and Breanna like this.
  17. Finora Well-Known Member

Super late to this party, but subbing or not subbing plays zero part in expansion access. Everyone gets through Altar of Malice for free. After that buying the latest expansion (currently Reign of Shadows set to release in a little over a week) gives you access to the rest of the expansions.

Also, EQ2 Traders is an excellent crafting resource.
    Xianthia, Kithal and Soara2 like this.
  18. Mumrha New Member

Thank you all for the informations: now the game seems less complicated :D

Now, I have a new question: around 10 days ago I've bought the "Celebration bundle" that has included a mount. A mount that, I sadly discovered, it's for only one character...
    I'm thinking about buying the Premium bundle of the new expansion. That will include 2 mounts and 2 merc. My question is: will I be able to give mounts and mercs to 2 different characters?
    Hartsmith and Soara2 like this.
  19. Finora Well-Known Member

If you look at the expansion info, you'll see that the mount & merc will be claimable once on EVERY character. That includes any future characters you might make. That is for both of the mounts and both of the mercenaries you get in the premium edition. Or the mount & merc you would get with the collector's edition.
  20. Mumrha New Member

So, with the new expansion the game have got some changes. One it seems the merc is less powerful...Or, at least, my sk merc aggro very less than before and do very less damage. Is it that way for all the mercs?
    I've bought the expansive expansion and is included a house but...how do I "buy" it? And how do I go to the new zones? I'm lv 80: do they have some requirements to enter?
    Soara2 likes this.