Some questions about pvp, and other things.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Siveria, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Siveria New Member

What kind of pvp modes does eq2 have? is it just teh craptastic way overdone death match or is there some team vs team based pvp? preferably with goals (CTF, land control, domination etc).

Also aren't the expansions a wee bit over priced at 40 bucks for an expansion? Hell even the 8th is still 40 bucks isin't that one a tad old now? I am just starting to play and not liking the fact I may need to drop 80 bucks down to get current, when that content should have been put into the game for free (since the game is f2p now there should not be paid expansions anymore.)

What are 2 good classes to duo as for 2 silver members? Looking for something me and a friend can play that meshes well together.
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

Well PvP depends if you are doing Open World PvP on Nagafen server which is very different from PvE as you have to watch your back constantly. I left Nagafen because I was tired of people waiting by zonelines just to kill you the second you zoned. PvP there degraded from good fighting evil down to "Hey buddies wanna gank that poor clueless guy who doesn't have a group 5 v 1?"

Battlegrounds are exactly Team v Team deathmatch with an objective. You score more points by holding capture points (Smugglers Den), capturing flags (Battlefields of Ganak) or holding the relic (Gears of Klak'anon). Expansions have always been $40 at release though sadly DoV+AoD+CoE feels like 1.75 expansions with DoV being the 1.0 of the equation
    DoV: Buying this gives you Destiny of Velious and all expansions before it.
    AoD: Buying this grants you the ability to reforge your armor stats and to hire mercenaries. It also unlocks the Beastlord class
    CoE: Buying this gives you access to the Edilon Jungle and Obol Plains along with 9 new heroic zones and is the closest we have had to an expansion since DoV. Sadly though the gear is still balanced to DoV making CoE feel very thin in terms of content if you already made it to end-game back in DoV (Much like I did).

Edit: from other threads apparently Chains of Eternity now comes with DoV included so you may be able to bypass having to buy that at all.

As a silver member you are limited by classes, unless you are willing to buy unlockers for the class. A Paladin/SK and an Inqusitor/Mystic work very well for pairing up as you have heals covered and tanking covered and both classes can deal decent damage if played correctly. You can each hire spell-caster mercenaries or other dps classes if you buy AoD to supplement your damage.

Do hope that information helps you.
  3. Siveria New Member

Too bad CoE doesn't also include AoD if it did I'd buy it.
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

Yeah I hear ya there, I didn't like paying the extra for AoD but when they nerfed the mending adornments it was almost a necessary evil to keep soloing zones as a Guardian, we just don't have the in-combat heals the other classes do.