Some new idiot with a few questions.

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Civus, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Civus New Member

Hello Norrathians! I recently joined this game, and I'm loving it! I joined without playing eq1, so my head is spinning trying to keep track of all the lore. I also have a few ( actually a lot) of questions.

First- is it possible to be silver membership and still enjoy raids. I don't really have money to sponge feed soe right now, but raids sound cool. Granted, I'm level 20 so that is in the distant future.

Second-I'm looking for good quest lines. I'm not concerned with what level, but just really fun quest lines. Is there like a main good or evil line, like fighting antonica or D'lere?

Third-the children of war and the war of zek-those look really cool. But I don't know if they are updates of destiny of velious, or just game updates? I want to play those, but I would rather not pay $40.

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers!
  2. Ragna Well-Known Member

In theory, yes. In practice, unless you only play 1 - maybe 2 - characters, the unlocker's cost will be greater than a Gold sub.
    That said, if you want to raid, you'll need the latest Xpack (as you can't level lock as a Silver player, joining a "progression" guild isn't really an option)

Qeynos (good) and Freeport (evil) have solo questlines starting at lvl 20 (a "main" city questline, one for your archetype and a racial quest if your race is neutral or of the same alignment as the city.)

The 3 first "Epic" quest are rather cool too.
    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Prismatic_Weapon_Timeline
    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Peacock_Club_Timeline (if you choose to do this one, you can do at the same time : http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/The_Courts_of_Maj'Dul:_Of_Fate_and_Destiny )
    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Claymore_Timeline

Technically, they're game updates (iow you get everything in them that's not Velious - or AoD - related) but you can't reach the zones within Velious unless you have DoV. So, yeah you'll need to either buy CoE (which contain DoV) or wait until SoE put DoV as Free content to go there.
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

It is possible but your probably going to be restricted to EM-Raids at best and that is with Mastercrafted Gear that has been Experimented upon by a player AND made with a Purified Material. So in theory as the one above me said, yes... in practice it may be difficult once you hit the higher levels where soloing or 1 grouping old-raids is hard; this happens around lvl 70 though.

There is no real "good" or "evil" lines those were mostly removed back in GU 13 where many and I mean MANY things were modified in game. However there are the lines linked by the above poster which I thank him for providing links. They are of course the "epic" signature quests.

The Peacock line (Desert of Flame)
    The Prismatic Timeline (Kingdom of Sky)
    The Mythical/Epic lines (Rise of Kunark)
    The Epic Repercussions line (Sentinels Fate)

Also there is "The Fallen Swords" which is the DoV signature line and it's alright but is required if you wish to do the CoE signature line.

The Children of War added the Fortress of Drunder to the game as well as the Raid zones for them. Currently the Plane of War is one of the "end-game" raids, sadly there is a bit of confusion lately as to what exactly is current between Drunder, Skyshrine and Chains of Eternity zones but as a Silver member those problems should not effect you too much. There are plenty of threads here about itemization and Solo vs Group vs Raid content so feel free to look them up if you are interested.

Welcome to Norrath and enjoy your time,. :D
  4. Faelynn Active Member

I'm a definite proponent of the gold membership if you can find the $15 a month (cheaper if you purchase multiple months at a time). However, at level 20, you're right: it's a bit early for you to _really_ worry about yet. Take your time to enjoy learning the game and what those low levels have to offer (there's quite a bit!).

If you happened to roll on the Freeport server, seek me out sometime - my main is Faelynn =)
  5. Snowhaze Active Member