some lore questions about kelethin

Discussion in 'Roleplaying' started by ARCHIVED-issiana, Jan 7, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-issiana Guest

hi all.
    I'm in need of some pointers and lore/cultural directions in regard to evil races that have betrayed.

1/ i live in kelethin (am a young fae) and would have expected all i meet to be good races.
    2/ if i encountered an evil race is it at all possible to even consider they may be "good at heart" aka betrayed??
    3/ how would that even be acceptable that an evil race would betray and be allowed to visit kelethin let alone live there??
    4/ what sort of teachings are giventhe young regarding betrayers?

well i think those 4 points sum up my issues atm. Any and all pointers ideas and reasons why would be greatly appreciated as i'm at a loss to come up with stories (mainly due to my newness and unfamiliarity with the lore)

tyvm for all the forthcoming assistance :)
  2. ARCHIVED-Ragnaphore Guest

2. Unless you're RPing a xenophobe, yes it's a possibility (It's still safe to assume he/she is evil until proved wrong ;) )
    3. Kelethin is under siege and burning... A tree-hugging Iksar or an Ogre with a special hatred for Orcs are fine additions to the city's defence.
  3. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

Ragnaphore wrote:
    That is actually a very good lesson to keep close to your heart: not all evil races running around Kelethin have betrayed, some are still just as evil as they ever were (some of the guards are actually traitors and just waiting for the day when their Teir`Dal masters finish off what they started and claim Kelethin as their own ). So yeah, keep an open mind but watch your wings at all times :D
  4. ARCHIVED-Homeskillet Guest

DrkVsr wrote:

Exactly, one interesting element I miss though is with Freeport and Qeynos; even if you betrayed the city still treated you as a pariah. Back during launch the first thing I noticed when I betrayed my wood elf to Freeport were all the banter and comments NPCs shot my way, basically mistrusting because of my race. It's an element that seems to have gone by the wayside in newer cities.
    With the way Fae are, especially in regards to Teir'dal and Arsai I would imagine one of those who betrayed and moved to Kelethin would have to go a long way to prove themselves to get past the perceptions. Cristanos Thex (a Teir'dal) created Arsai thru a process of corruption of Fae spirit buds, ie a perversion of their very existance. This could garner two reactions between Fae and Arsai themselves; revulsion or pity, or even indifference depending on the disposition of your character.