Some bugs with Elixir of the Expert and Ethereal Coins

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Furycai, May 28, 2018.

1. Furycai Member

On Thursday, I did four heroic zones and got the two coins for one zone as announced. Then we ventured into an expert zone, happened to be an instance that we did the heroic version on and popped some elixirs of the expert. We expected to get two more coins for completing the zone, but alas... nothing useful except the knowledge that the zone is doable with potions and some more crunchable items.

Last night, doing the experts, I attempted to use an elixir of the expert in one of them and nothing happened except one elixir was consumed. I did not get the star boosts and I could not use another elixir. We completed the zone despite it being slower than it should of been.
  2. Ahmassar Active Member

Yep, happens all the time. Been getting all sorts of variations of coins for a full expert run.. Really, fix this.
    Also, some new items don't have the supposed stats, like Liquified tears of Druzzil have no CB overcap.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

You only get the coins if you have the zone quest. So if you do the zone heroic and then do the same zone, expert, you won't have the zone quest for the 2nd version of the zone. So you won't get coins for it.
  4. Ahmassar Active Member

Yes, I know. I did all missions (all expert) and got 4-6 coins anyway.
  5. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I've got an issue with the coins being tied to heroic quests. I get into one group that wants to do a zone as heroic, and then disbands, and the next group wants to do the same zone as expert and I've gotten screwed because I don't have the quest to get the coins for doing the zone as heroic. Making no expert level quests for expert level zones was really a lazy touch IMO. I mean, I understand they're pressured for time and understaffed, but this year's ethereal event has been a total mess and a bit lackluster. The gear is barely better, or not at all. And the generalization on the runes to discard class abilities is disappointing. And the amount of tokens needed to upgrade either chest or shoulders (because it's questionable if you'd be able to do both, especially if you're a real human being who does things like, vacation, during the summer) or appearance gear that takes ethereal coins.....I'm unimpressed and a little unenthusiastic this year. I was so excited, and that has been thoroughly quelled
  6. Furycai Member

I underatand that this is thr way it is now. Does it make sense? No. Now that I understand it is this way I will avoid it, but please change it. I agree with Mercychalice completely.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  7. Furycai Member

On the issue with the elixir of the expert.

I believe the intention is that it should work once every day on PST. Please, correct me if I am wrong on that. And, the cool down I think is 1.5 hours. So, do not try to use it more than once a day on PST or you lose the item and do not get the benefits. They seem to pile up in my bags to the maximum of 5.

I submitted a petition about the time it did not boost my stats and they told me to report /bug when it happens. They said they do not see evidence of the elixirs not working properly. So, if you have the same issue submit /bug right away and let them know.

I have had at least 3 other people say that the same thing has happened to them when they have not used it earlier in the day.
  8. Kraumer New Member

I noticed in my case when I use the buff there is something in the spells that will knock the stats back to normal. The icon of the buff will stay but the stats will come back to normal.
  9. Furycai Member

If you have not reported it, please do. I noticed with a couple of guildies that the stats also do not come back if you leave the zone and come back.
  10. Inyuyasha Member

this seems to be still going on... the first group I was in it did not happen at all but the second group did and it happened to all in the group... I am wondering if it is some group spell/buff that is causing it to reset. the first group was SK, Defiler, Necro, dirge, coercer, brig and no issues.... the second group had a Monk, troub, conj, illy,mystic and fury and everyone had the fluctuating issue
  11. Inyuyasha Member

update on this... the second group I was in that was having the fluctuating issue seemed to be fixed by all of dying in the zone lol... not sure if this is an actually work around (have not tried it a second time) but when we all died the buff stayed on till the end of the zone with no issues
  12. HealBigorGoHome New Member

@DEVS - can someone PLEASE tell us if you are going to fix this? Really frustrating to have a bugged item like this potion that is critical for undergeared toons to participate in the summer coin event.
  13. Inyuyasha Member

Well I have tested my work around many times and so far I have found out is after you take the potion and it starts fluctuating... just kill yourself and go fight a trash mob. it will fluctuate for that one trash mob and then it was working consistently the rest of the entire zone. I still dont know what causes the bug though but resetting your health in the zone seems to fix it