Some bugs (?) I have noticed with our spells

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Jakanden, Nov 29, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Jakanden Guest

Some things I have noticed with my spells and I was wondering if they happen to you

- Swarm of Rats cancels any current DoT on the mob. I can however, recast the same DoT and have it stack with Swarm so its not a stacking issue.

- Swarm of Rats cancels Agitation on my pet. I have tested this by casting Agitiation then immediately casting swarm and it cancels it every time

- When Agitation wears off, it takes 25 seconds to be castable again. If I cast it before it wears off then it is fine. I find this fairly stupid as it forces you to make sure you are casting it BEFORE it wears off to keep from waiting 25 seconds to recast

- Casting Essence Shift causes your pet to disengage and rengage in combat constantly throughout the duration of the spell

Just curious if this happens to you other necros and your thoughts on them
  2. ARCHIVED-Xxithsiss Guest

Yes I have noticed the same thing. The essence shift I wasn't concerned about because I just saw that as the cost of draining power in comabt situations, but the SoR I submitted a /bug about.

Criimson
    Lavastorm
  3. ARCHIVED-Garandhire Guest

Thats only the tip of the ice berg so to speak... Its not just necro issues. Take a look at some of the other forums and you will see similar issues. lots of bugs. The pet disengaging bug was the most irritating for me. when he disengages it always seemed to me my next cast or the one after would get me aggro. Almost as if disengaging would start the pet needing to get aggro all over again.

In alot of ways this is SWG all over again. It really makes me wonder why this game was allowed to go live with these issues. Its not like they cannot be reproduced. Unfortunatly I think its going to be a while before alot of these things get fixed and classes get balanced. It was very hard to get a well thought out fix or balance while in SWG and don't think it will be any different in eq2.

A company that releases a game with this many bugs and issues ( And I am refering to eq2 as a whole and not focusing on the nec class ) knows exactly what it is doing and what it can get away with. SWG was a prime example of this. Release the most bug ridden game in the world and make it worse and folks will still line up and play.

I have cancelled my account. I may stop back in 6 months from now to see how its going. But for now... Its SWG all over again.

Good luck getting the bugs and balancing issues fixed. I feel for you and whats coming down the road for you.

Cya
  4. ARCHIVED-Asarya Guest

There is a lot more, almost every spell has some minor bug in it.
    Today i summoned an EB stone with Aqueous Stone just to find myself drowning a few seconds after activating it (DUH)
    I made a warlock pet in Rivervale just to find him looking like a pile of bones and being KoS to everything in the zone, he didnt live long, had to relog to get a normal pet.

Lvl 22 AE DoT Blight doesnt show on on active spell window even though Seism does
    Lvl 28 Mend Bones has a lot more aggro than you would expect a heal over time would have.
    Lvl 30 Grasping bones seems totally worthless, supposed to increase pet damage, lasts 5-6 seconds and..just seems worthless, the stun might be able to interupt mobs casting but the spell takes a week to cast, so no point in trying to time that.
    Lvl 30.6 Breath of the Unearthened, AE Disease DoT+Lifetap (Sounded cool) doesnt work at all, getting "No eligible target" when cast on mobs.
    Lvl 30 Illusion (Wont give a spoiler to how it looks yet), bugged, Illusion drops after a while (Havent figured out what causes it to drop) and you become invisible with just your weapons showing.
    Lvl 31 Withering Afflication, Single target DoT + Str,Agi debuff..doesnt show up on active spells window either.

If I were to bugreport everything I find I wouldnt have time to play, nevertheless I think the Necro is fully playable and I am looking forward to get "fixes" to all the above mentioned stuff..(And a few I have forgotten)

Naum Iv
    Runnyeye
    Message Edited by Asarya on 11-30-2004 09:06 AM
  5. ARCHIVED-Camus255 Guest

Lvl 22 AE DoT Blight doesnt show on on active spell window even though Seism does
    Lvl 28 Mend Bones has a lot more aggro than you would expect a heal over time would have.
    Lvl 30 Grasping bones seems totally worthless, supposed to increase pet damage, lasts 5-6 seconds and..just seems worthless, the stun might be able to interupt mobs casting but the spell takes a week to cast, so no point in trying to time that.
    Lvl 30.6 Breath of the Unearthened, AE Disease DoT+Lifetap (Sounded cool) doesnt work at all, getting "No eligible target" when cast on mobs.
    Lvl 30 Illusion (Wont give a spoiler to how it looks yet), bugged, Illusion drops after a while (Havent figured out what causes it to drop) and you become invisible with just your weapons showing.
    Lvl 31 Withering Afflication, Single target DoT + Str,Agi debuff..doesnt show up on active spells window either.

all these bugs were already in beta :smileysad:

sad they didnt fix that even with bug report
  6. ARCHIVED-BofCan Guest

Having beta tested two SoE products, and been an active player of three, I feel absolute confidence in making this statement: Beta testers for SoE products are not there to test the product for content, bugs, glitches, programming errors or anything else of that nature. SoE uses beta testers as part of thier marketing. They have no concern with any feedback Beta testers provide save this... "Yes I would buy and play this game. No I would not buy and play this game."

Using feedback and bugs in beta is a waste of time in my opinon. Using once game goes live is mandatory if you want to see some changes.
  7. ARCHIVED-Jakanden Guest

I myself have filled out a number of /bug and /feedback reports since I started playing and will continue to do so. Hopefully they actually get read and looked at
  8. ARCHIVED-TraceDAce Guest

Wife told me today they came out with a update that is suppose to benifit the Necro Pets. I will have to read up on it when I get home. As some may not want to believe, they do listen, it is part of being a big company, they have to keep their customers happy. Things will change I am sure, it will just take time.
  9. ARCHIVED-Jakanden Guest

Hmm thats odd. Here is the patch message (From http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=stat&message.id=27)

---------------------------------------------------------------

- Dreena the Mess Cook's respawn time has been changed to a more appropriate value.
    - Several bosses in Permafrost, Runnyeye Citadel, and the Feerrot have been modified.
    - Fixed an issue that caused "a Runnyeye Crusader" to drop treasure he wasn't meant to possess.
    - The Qeynos Catacomb catalog quest should now be updating correctly.
    - Ghostly inhabitants of the Commonlands will now be visible at a distance.
    - Players should no longer get stuck in the middle of the Orcish Wastes access quest if they crashed or went linkdead after the boat encounter.
    - Players should once again be able to access Firemyst Gully.
    - Players betraying Qeynos should no longer be able to get a class quest in Freeport. They will, however, be able to receive their subclass quest once they've become a citizen of the Overlord's city. Those who are stuck in their progression because they started and completed the class quest should contact Customer Service using /petition for assistance.
    - The warlock's Dark Distortion spell line had its damage increased.
    - The sorcerer's Freezing Whorl spell now has an added poison mitigation debuff.
    - The Mystic's Keening Haze spell line's "slow" (attack speed decrease) component no longer stacks with the shaman's Wailing Haze "slow" component.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Doesnt say anything about Necro pets
  10. ARCHIVED-TraceDAce Guest

Hmm, guess she misread/misunderstood. Of course I will say yes dear and move on :smileywink: or she would kick my **** LOL. On another point, at least they are putting out patchs to fix problems, I just do not want people to think it is worthless to submit bug reports because they do listen.
  11. ARCHIVED-IronGnome Guest

She probably is talking about the warlock spell damage increase.

Your pet is a warlock after all. Pretty sure I have seen it casting that spell they mentioned. :)