Some advice for a level 39 BG runner...

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Lorriana, Jun 19, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Lorriana Guest

I have a level 39 'lock I run BG's with. Another thread made me start rethinking my AA choices. Would like some opinions from others. Right now, I have ten points in Deflecting Staff in the Sorceror tree. I have Manashield as well. With this setup, I can put seven points into the ward as well. The alternative, is to move the points from Deflecting Staff into Spellshaping. With that, I could get three points in the ward. That, or put them somewhere else. The question is, Staff or Spellshaping? I do tend to end up getting beat on a bunch, but the cast speed would be nice...

Opinions?
  2. ARCHIVED-XustinuS Guest

Well as i spent so much time with warlock including low and high tier pvps. First get the wards from both warlock tree and manashield....also u can get the spell damage ward from wisdom line.... then go for crit from str line. After that u can whether go for single or encounter,aoe dps. Completely your choice.
    For items u dont need to get the bg gear not quiet important if u have 32 mastercrafted pieces. For jewelery at least get 3 pieces for the self ward piece bonus.
    im playing in 30s bg with my 36 warden Hastabakici and have 71AA atm... Even holding relic and a few people on me it takes people some time to get me down. So dont only thnk AA setup defensive. As a warlock you have to BURN.
    Btw dont focus on fabled, legendary,mastercrafted items there are some handy treasured jewelery which gives up to 20 ability modifier and that seems to be the best thng for that lvls with crit chance
  3. ARCHIVED-Lorriana Guest

I should post my current AA spec:

http://www.beetny.com/eq2aa/?m01314...1255@5a@7555@21

The main thing I am wondering is whether to switch the points out of Deflecting Staff and into the faster cast AA. Faster casting would be very nice for grabbing the relic and getting off spells while being beat on. On the other hand, I can do neither of those things dead.
    I often top the parse in BG's, while holding the relic several times myself. Problems I've experienced though have been others with faster cast grabbing the relic out from under me, and power issues. I understand power issues are normal for everyone at this tier.
    I may make myself a mirror and see what I think. I am worried about losing the 10% parry though. Anyone have any input? Oh, and I have two more AA not yet assigned while I debate this with myself.