Solusek Ro's Tower: Monolith of Fire [Solo]

Discussion in 'Zone Discussion' started by Chrol, Oct 17, 2017.

1. maxximum Member

Trash mobs still dropping small chests of plat
  2. Kraeref Well-Known Member

What I was doing is keeping Phoenix name close to flames. Moving with them. I think it was on the third time he died. Still not sure if it's correct way to fight him. With the next name the script was much clear.
  3. Wimble Active Member

Claws. Not enough time for the third settings. I think, at least for the solo version, instant death fail condition is excessive. For consecutive mistakes, sure.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Agreed.. since the pillar in the center blocks the view of some claws, it is difficult to see which ones you need to click then run to the far side.
    For the solo zone, the timer should be increased since one person has to run over to north/south, see which are tipped in, then run all the way across the room and tip the matching claws.
    Having it be 10 claws, rather then 8 or 12, also makes it more difficult since the claws are not at ordinal points.
  5. maxximum Member

We all run at pretty much the same speed with the fount buff, maybe exactly the same, and a lot of people have beat this fight and gone as far in the sig line as we can go for now. You need to ask yourself a variety of questions on how to get around this encounter:

1) When does the mob stoneskin, and where should I be when it does?
    2) How do I prevent myself from being flipped round so I don't get north and south mixed up?
    3) Where should I be looking when I've done 1 and 2?
    4) When 3 happens, what do I need to do and how do I make it easier for myself to do it?
    5) Go back to number 1.

I've done the encounter a bunch of times for other people, but then I realised I'm not helping them at all, because they'll be stuck again when it comes to farming the zone for gear, shinies, xp, quests, etc, and people that have done it will be too busy doing their own stuff to come do this, especially when it's live and we have 90 minute lockouts which would prevent us from farming it ourselves. You need to learn how to deal with the fight, it's incredibly easy if you put a little thought into it, and that's exactly how it should be. It's also easily soloable with a merc, so the devs are definitely not going to make it easier for two people going in.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

I have succeed occassionally, but I've also failed I pull the mob between the pillars. I ddn't get turned around.
    The problem is when the claws tipped in are 'behind' the pillar from the center. I have to go further in that direction to see around the pillar and that also means going further on the way back.
    I'm certain not the fastest, but I'm not the slowest either. Given that this zone is required for the sig line, I feel that the limit should be a tad more generous.
  7. Taled New Member

Just a note, I know it's because scripted stuff is iffy after 30 mins - If you clear the first named and come back after 30 mins, the braziers you have to click to port go back under the grates. You can still use them, but they're hidden underneath so mos tpeople probably won't know that.
  8. Chrol Developer

For the next update, you will not outright die the first time you click the wrong claw during the matching claws event against So'Valiz, unless you have less than 50% health as that is how much damage it inflicts. If you fail twice in a row, however (in the same round), you will most certainly die.
  9. Earar Well-Known Member

is it me .. but It took me ages to defeat estrxia ...

on her first form, her health wouldn't go down.

is there a start ? I killed every phoenix before pulling her .. shoud I keep them alive and they come during fight ?

on my bruiser, I have no issue staying alive .. no mana issue . it's just takes ages .. for her first life .. after it goes better.
  10. olleran Active Member

I killed Estryxia encounter easily yesterday on my monk, i went back today after the patch on my assassin to find it took over 10min + to kill her the 1st time and remove one of her DR increments. Once the 1st DR increment was removed she seemed to take damage normally.
  11. Chrol Developer

Damage reduction on Estryxia was too high. Will be lowered with the next update. Thanks!
  12. Efbomb New Member

I just did this fight on my Tank and it took me over an hour and several mana pots.
  13. Earar Well-Known Member

nice zone .. and fun fights

but :

the claws .. as said .. not always easy . and too many failed conditions knowing it's solo zone. U can die too fast and too easily

xuzl .. same .. fight is fun .. but hard to understand. and also easily failed conditions where u can die just by falling into fire and respawn isn't in the room .. so need to run back.

a bit more forgiving for solo zones ? and yeah pillars block a bit the sight on claws stuff.
  14. Elinea Well-Known Member

I'm fairly adept at puzzle games and such, but this So'Valiz is going to drive me to drink. And I don't drink. I can't, for the life of me, figure out the north and south claws thing. They're not a mirror image of each other, even though it says they have to match. So if I move the same claws to match them, I still get the fail condition. If it's not supposed to match, then why does it say to match them? If they are supposed to be opposite, then the text should indicate that. I shouldn't need a phd in math to do this.

Between the time limit, the Fire of Fyrm circles, and the not-mirror game, I don't see how anyone gets through this as a solo player.

p.s. I have to go to work, and because I don't want to have to fight my way through this zone again, I'm leaving myself afk online for 7 hours so I can resume this. I will scream if the server gets restarted while I'm gone :p
  15. Toxlas Member

I've been trying to kill Estryxia for ages. After the second death the Untamed Fire effect kills me. I can't see how to stop the pillar rings from moving, I've tried running out of range, ive tried pulling the bird out, up to teleporter. I tried fighting on the birds fiery perch - nothing works. This can't be working as intended.
  16. Anatha Active Member

I have not gone back to try the claw on my own but I want to make sure I understand its mechanic. I drew 2 circles and put 10 lines approximately where the claws are. I numbered them similar to a clock with where 12 o'clock would be position #1. Then around the circle, I numbered 2 through 10. I drew this in my graphics program so I copied the first circle and pasted it below the first circle exactly as it is above. If in the 1st round, the claw in the #1 position to the north (technically right at the north wall) gets knocked down then the claw in the #1 position in the south (opposite the south wall) needs to be knocked over. I am hoping my understanding of the mechanic is correct.
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

They're not mirror images, they're exact matches... Think of them as clocks and you want them to look the same.
  18. Elinea Well-Known Member

I'm fairly sure I tried it that way first, but I still think this is too difficult for a solo. Even with two players in a solo zone would be better, but I'm doing this with just a merc. Anyone figured out how to train a merc to talk yet? :p
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

Oh, I agree, it can be rough doing it solo, especially since the pillars blocking line of sight on the claws. I've already suggest the increase the time limit for the solo version.
  20. Chrol Developer

Have you tried So'Valiz since the update went in that prevented instant death when activating the wrong claw the first time? (Still considering slowing down rings for solo...)