Soloability??

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Cypthekiller199, Aug 11, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Cypthekiller199 Guest

Really just curious how well the swashy solos compared to the coercer (pretty hard to beat the coercer, probably best soloer in game)...but can it take on yellows easy, heroics, encounters (multiple targets)?
  2. ARCHIVED-Henge42 Guest

There is no comparison really, if you can root, mezz and stun the target, Coercer wins hands down.
  3. ARCHIVED-RingleToo Guest

Yeah, it's not really fair to compare coercer to swashy. As even OP pointed out, the coercer is probably the best at soloing. And as long as you can keep mobs stunned, I don't think any class can solo mulit-mobs like a coercer. Though while the coercer is great at soloing, it's also great at dying lol
    Still, while I can solo mobs with my coercer that I can't with my swashy, the swashbuckler is no slouch at soloing. You'll want very good gear and adept III/Masters (or whatever they're called now), but you'll have little trouble soloing yellows. I actually have more fun soloing with my swashy, because strategy/tactics play a bigger role when I solo. Also, I don't die near as much lol Don't underestimate the value of evac. You'll want Walk the Plank, of course. I went down the intell line, and I can't tell you how valuable feign death is for soloing, getting through tough areas and staying alive. (If you're a raider, get a mirror so you can respec).
  4. ARCHIVED-Exos Guest

I have never played a coercor but I have a 70 swashy that I have soloed most of the way. First, I would say that there is so much more to soloing than just the difficulty of a mob you can defeat. The utility of a swashy while soloing is second to none. You have invis, evac, feign dead (if you go done the int aa line), and one of the most useful skills while soloing quests, tracking. I think the only useful ability we don't have is teleporting. After soloing with my swashy I am spoiled and soloing with other chars seems like such a pain in the neck.
    The combat with the swashy is fun because of the ability to stun, run behind and use the behind or flanking combat arts. Its not rocket science but at least it requires a little skill. I'm just in mastercrafted/legandary gear with mostly adept 1 and a few adept 3 CA's and I can defeat yellow mobs pretty regularly and the occasional green heroic encounter although once I moved to Kunark the mobs seemed to get a little tougher. The best success I have against heroic encounters is a 2 mob encounter where I can mez 1, kill the other then kill the second after it wakes up. If you are conservative you will rarely die. Between evac and feign dead the only reason I die is if I get careless. With tracking and invis quests are much easier to complete. You can weave you way through all the mobs you don't need and run straight to the one you do. That saves hours of time.
    I bet even though a coercor may be able to defeat more difficult mobs, I can't imagine its a better choice for playing this game solo. Soloing with the swashy is fantastic.
  5. ARCHIVED-Baradin Guest

Swashies can solo surprisingly well; my swashy is level 60 in MC gear and last night I was solo'ing white con ^^^ heroics in lesser faydark.