Solo Zones

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-famorf, Jul 11, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-famorf Guest

where are all the solo zones for levels 90+?
    I found 1 in SS but none of the mobs droped any loot but the final name and was a cheesy item I couldnt even use lol.
  2. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

famorf wrote:
    There are two timelines in LU63. The first are the solo quests in the Withered Lands, the rest are in Skyshrine.The only solo Skyshrine content are the mission quests available every 90 minutes from Cek'Arctor in the Skyshrine hub.
    The solo timelines for level 90+ include:
    Only the Withered Lands content and the Skyshrine Solo instances are going to give you much in the way of gear that's useful in the 90-92 range.
    Since you're already turning your nose up at the solo mission drops, you may want to work on your faction with the Claws of Veeshan by getting groups together to work through the Skyshrine Timeline. These alternate between the contested Skyshrine districts and the instanced versions of those districts. The heroic quests award better gear.
    However, the real prize comes by having access to the non-aggro ancient Skyshrine before the war, accessed via the portal in Skyshrine at ( -33, 0, -9 ). In the Covenant District, within Tozzkalem, the Grand Emporium, there is a Claws of Veeshan faction merchant. Once you have max faction with the Claws of Veeshan (gotten by doing the Skyshrine questlines) you can purchase some pretty nice gear at the Emporium. Each item will cost you around 12p and one Dozekar head -- you get the heads by completing the instanced heroic version of Dracur Prime. The gear sold here is very nice (although Skyshrine raid gear is still better).
  3. ARCHIVED-alaplayer Guest

Sigrdrifa@Lucan DLere wrote:
    God I hope you made a typo here. Dozekars head is dropped from the heroic underdepthz zone.
    If they have already made an appeasement effort and put that in the 3 heroic instances that can be solo'd my many and molo'd by any I just don't know what to say.
  4. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

famorf wrote:
    Even though the devs kept saying that we were getting small group instances and content we never did. It goes from the easily soloable Skyshrine instances that you are referring to, to the nearly impossible to do without a full group heroic instances and content. There is no in between.
  5. ARCHIVED-ErikGunner Guest

Glenedhel@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    There are 3 solo zones that are a joke. DP and Lyceum are duo/soloable with the gear upgrades from those 2 zones in every slot, the other 2 you need a group for due to a need for higher DPS on a few of the names.

I tank on my necro while duoing with a Inq friend Lyceum and CD in only the gear from duoing and running CD about 5 times with a full group.
    Now challenge mode is another story.
  6. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

alaplayer wrote:
    Yes, it was a coffee deprivation event.
  7. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

The first 3 EM heroic zones are small group instances. All of contested skyshrine is a small group instance.
    There is more small group content than full group content this expansion.
  8. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

I guess that it depends on what you consider "small group" and the gear that you are using. We considered "small group" to be 2-3 players. Since none of us raid and we rarely pug we pretty much just have the quested legendary gear from WL with a few fabled pieces mixed in that we got from the broker.
    Just attempting to do the initial access quest "the breach" I think it was called we got our butt's handed to us repeatedly until we just gave up and we've never gone back.
  9. ARCHIVED-ErikGunner Guest

If that quest and those zones are that hard, you might want to look at spell levels, and overal playstyle because in the quest gear you can do Skyshrine contested with 0 problems. CD more than likely too with 2-3 people.
  10. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Spells ranks for all of our ( me and my friend ) characters are Expert at the least and most are Master rank. When we attempted that I was on my 92 Shadowknight and she was on her 92 Inquisitor, both at 320 AA. We know how to play our characters well and have no trouble running other zones/instances up to SS such as Ice Shard Keep etc.
  11. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

For most folks, I think 3-4 people is best for Skyshrine contested and the first dungeon (CD?). If you had two DPS mercs that would go a long way. Two things: Cure fast and if someone gets imprisoned, target the prison and burn it down fast or it does an AOE fear. Take it slow.
    I duoed Skyshrine contested with an admittedly awesome inquisitor and we got through all the contested steps and through that first dungeon. It can be done.
  12. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

A big part of it is understanding the scripting and abilities on these mobs. If your healer doesn't range the casting speed curse, or you stand in the circles of death, things wont result well.
    As others have stated, with just quest gear you can duo-trio contested and the first few heroic zones. If your not geared well, pop mercs to fill your group and its extremely doable.
    It is in fact content designed for and completed by groups consisting of 2-3 players.
    So far, if I'm careful, I can solo alot of contested with my inq, and his gear is far from special.
    I certainly know people who duo this stuff without a tank. A big part of that is the HP pools on the mobs are so low compaired to our dps output with new gear.
    Now, if you do it with a full group, you can pretty much ignore every once of scripting and bulldoze thru it. So maybe thats why people think its not small group content.
  13. ARCHIVED-ErikGunner Guest

Dont know what to tell you, my necro is in full CD and Lyc / contested gear and tanks all 3 of those zones with an Inq and both with mercs out with only an occasional death
  14. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

I appreciate the replies and we will give it another try. I have not gone back to SS except to do the daily advanced solo runs since the first week or so that it was live. Maybe things will go better this time around for us.