Solo wiz vs lock

Discussion in 'General Mage Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-miksprats, Aug 22, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-miksprats Guest

Which is better overall for solo play and why?
    Wont be raiding on him at all as I raid on my defiler. So just want to have some fun solo maybe an occasional group. My main is SK but just want to mix it up and have fun with a dps caster for a change. Thanks for any help and advice you can provide. Have a great day :)
  2. ARCHIVED-Vasch233 Guest

The warlock roots are better than the wiz root and they get 2(A single target(which fears on break) and linked encounter root). The wiz can do higher single target nuking.
    Warlocks can kill much chrono'd content quite a bit faster as well, if that factors in.
  3. ARCHIVED-Mosha D'Khan Guest

Ondten@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    dont know if the roots are better but wizzy gets 2 roots also, the single target and i think the other is called ring of frost (not sure though been a while since i looked at names of spells). the single target gives a snare when broken and then if you cast the other slow it lets you kite until you get the root back on. as for which is better i would also like to know though since i was thinking about betraying my wizzy. guess my question would be what is better for raids (sorry to side track this)
  4. ARCHIVED-Yoshabel Guest

Mosha DKhan wrote:
    If you want to dicuss raid points I suggest you start your own thread as that is a whole different dynamic.
    To OP, I would say that with a Warlock you can burn more faster. If an encounter is linked you can 1 shot it a lot of times. If not, then rift+focused casting usually cures what ails you and that's not even mentioning Cataclysm which can be AA-ed to have an amazing radius as well as damage, reuse, etc. I say with focused casting because what I like to do is run through a bunch of mobs, pop off FC so I can't be interrupted and let off Rift to either one shot mobs or severely damage them. So yes, Wizards have more powerful single target nukes but a Warlock can kill more in roughly the same amount of time a Wizard takes to do one. Now, that's at high levels mind you, the one shotting I mean. Lower levels though you can still do more at a time compared to a Wizard but you'll just have to be careful you don't pull too much aggro.
  5. ARCHIVED-Mosha D'Khan Guest

Yoshabel wrote:
    ty but i did start my own thread about 4 months ago i think and it took 3 months to get a response. so just shut it, because it did not help with the answers i got back
  6. ARCHIVED-SacDaddy420 Guest

Wizards are superior to locks in the soloing department.
    The stifle and the mez can be cycled in the lower levels to silence a caster name. You can burn most anything down as soon as you get your roots.
    No one's mentioned the snares, Frigid gift makes anything you cast a snare, and Numbing Cold (blue ae unbreakable ~75% snare, ~30 sec, chance to proc a third root on any mobs that melee's).

Kiting is an art form.
  7. ARCHIVED-Yoshabel Guest

Mosha DKhan wrote:
    No. The dynamics are completely different. You're asking for two differrent discussions in one thread. So you shut it, newbsauce, and use Google.
    THIS was the 2nd result from Googling "everquest 2 warlock raid." Damn noobs.
  8. ARCHIVED-S_M_I_T_E Guest

Mosha DKhan wrote:
    I was thinking the same thing for a time, but I found 80-89 BG's and I've gotta say Wizzys are made for Smugglers and Ganak where there's some space and people thin out a bit.
    I do find Warlocks seem to be more generally effective in the cramped Gears though when everyone is clustering. In the other maps clusters of opponents = you get interrupted alot.