Solo Survivability

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Drahnim, Jun 1, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Drahnim Guest

I have a question, that's been bugging me recently.
    How is the Swashbucklers solo survivability?
    I realize solo questing stuff that's around your level will be easy, it's supposed to be for any class, even defilers. More importantly, how is their survivability to go around and do the "not so normal" stuff, like mentoring down to 5 levels over a lower level dungeon and running through?
    Obviously depending on the level i start at and stuff like that. But would I be more or less setting invis and running through or could i carve a trail of death through while getting AAs at the same time?
    I realize Summoners, Brawlers and Crusaders are more "setup" to do that kind of stuff but how to the Rogues? Especially since I prefer melee dps (bye summoners) and hate tanking (bye crusaders) and haven't really enjoyed playing any of the monks or bruisers I made past lvl 12.
    Sorry to post a pretty general question, but I'm not really looking for a specific answer, more generic like yes, but you need the best raid gear available or yes, you can do it with your eyes closed and MC gear, or no...suck it up, go back to your Pally and L2tank.
    I really like the swashbuckler (currently have a 32 dark elf brigand I was waiting for Halas to betray) but this one thing I've been wondering.
    Thanks in advance for any input.
  2. ARCHIVED-Kraqen Guest

I would love to hear any input on this as well. I enjoy the active playstyle of my swashie, but it is important to me to see some of the mid level group content in the game, and I am sure it will be nearly impossible to drag a group into a level 60 dungeon these days.
    Can I solo these places without outlevelling it by a huge amount first?
  3. ARCHIVED-RingleToo Guest

I regularly will mentor down to 5 levels over lower level dungeons and burn thru' them fairly easily.I especially love doing Poet's Palace, but I'll do the chronomage quests, too, just for the fun of it. I haven't found a lower level dungeon, yet, that's been any kind of problem. I'm not reckless - good strategies and tactics are still important.
  4. ARCHIVED-Delowen Guest

Keep your gear, AAs and combat arts current with your level and you wont have problems mentoring down and exploding lower level dungeons (I do it regularly myself for AA).
  5. ARCHIVED-ElsaRat Guest

In my experience, swashbucklers do very well against heroic material they've outleveled. It's not to the level where you can cut a swathe of death (use a shadow knight for that), but it's definitely do-able and even fun. While you don't need to stealth by all the mobs, it can be more enjoyable to sneak past some of the trash. A while back I needed a golden scale from Poet's Palace that dropped from a named mob infrequently, so I mentored down my high level swashie and ran the instance every day until it dropped. I wasn't invincible, I could get killed if I was careless, but it was definitely do-able.
  6. ARCHIVED-ElsaRat Guest

Kraqen wrote:
    And I wouldn't be so sure you can't find groups to do this material. I'm on Antonia Bayle, which may not be representative as it's a highly populated server, but I don't have much trouble finding groups for older content.
  7. ARCHIVED-Dreadpatch Guest

Leveling the swashbuckler solo or in group was the easiest by far of all the classes I leveled. Use the healing poison when you are high enough level and you will be good to go. On a side note, I started a lot of groups myself and always seemed to be stuck tanking. The swashie can tank heroic content very effectively right up until level 80.
  8. ARCHIVED-Crewzer Guest

Indeed, I am mastered out and in T9 fabled and I have no problem tanking the easier instances....Library, RH, Conserv, Labs, DB, Spirits.....I have tanked them all with a fair amount of ease. Never dropped into Def stance. Obviously you don't want to bring a random PUG healer, but with a semi competant healer you can do it.