Solo spell casting

Discussion in 'Fury' started by ARCHIVED-Chesa, May 22, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Chesa Guest

I am level 34, and mostly solo or duo with a necro. I don't have any trouble figuring out what spells to use with my friend the necro, but I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out what rotation to use soloing. I have some handicaps, so I mostly don't play with other players unless I know them. I prefer caster mode, and as few keys as possible. Right now, I root, HO, death swarm, tempest, wrath, and then thunderbolt. I open with starnova if it's a group of mobs. Should I be debuffing, or is that just for big mobs? How about fae fire? And I'm not really sure when to use feast, either.
  2. ARCHIVED-Ferunnia Guest

For solo, Fae Fire is an absolute waste. The damage doesn't justify the cast time. Also, less DoTs more direct damage when root nuking, to be honest. You're better off just tanking the mobs if you are doing to cast DoTs, then you'll proc thornskin as well. At your level...and with the current state of the solo game, there should be little outside of yellow heroics you can't solo with decently upgraded spells and some mastercrafted gear. Let's see....yeah, that's about it. Soloing at low levels on a fury is pretty simple. Either root/nuke and try to avoid DoTs or tank stuff and use an occasional Regrowth to stay alive.
    Our debuffs are absolute garbage, Don't bother casting unless you need to interrupt a spell from a mob, a'la Maddening Swarm. If you're going to use Feast, cast it early in the fight. The buff will re-trigger every 20% in health the mob drops. Make sure you pick damage spells for your Character selections. That's about all I got for now. If you want, as you get higher leveled and get more abilities, either check out my stickied guide on the top of this forum, or send me a tell on Guk.Elhonnax. I'm on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 8:30PM CST - 11:30PM CST every week, with some random times before and after raids on those nights and very occasionally on off nights. Happy Hunting.
  3. ARCHIVED-Chesa Guest

Thank you so much :) And I love your guide, I have the AA section printed out and posted on the side of my computer. You are really the most helpful person, and I appreciate it.
  4. ARCHIVED-Kraeref Guest

hi Elhonna. i noticed that you pretty much reforged for multi attack and ab mod (which i did too). could you please tell the benefits of ma for fury? thank you in advance!
  5. ARCHIVED-Ferunnia Guest

See my response on the post about adornments.
  6. ARCHIVED-Kraeref Guest

i got it! :) thank you again for your help!