Solo runs in PG's...

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Jrox, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Earar Well-Known Member

my best run is 7 minutes.

but u need to be really lucky on damage and one shot most trash. And named.
    sometimes spells are resisted, and it means longer fights.

I don't know if u can manage a constant 5-6 min run ?

still I right now don't care of how fast I do them .. I start being a bit sick of them. Almost got all I needed from them so I'll be able to put down the foot a bit.
    And I prefer to run the solo PGs than the group PGs, for same reason as mermut, At least I play another toon and I don't feel as if my actual toon is gimped. And I also run solo - adv solo ... but for tithe, not for loots. PGs can give me great upgrades as solso cannot
  2. Kioske Well-Known Member

I'm pretty consistent with around 7 minutes as long as most spells don't resist. I'd doubt anyone is doing 5-6 minutes on a regular basis, that's just when all the pins drop the right way. But running around 8 minutes is probably the norm for most people. That's 8 minutes of mind numb per run, and 200+ runs to get the gear..... it still beats trying to PUG the group version where some runs end up 20+ minutes for 2 extra tokens.
    Earar likes this.
  3. Conifur Well-Known Member

Well, I am just not lucky I guess, I don't one shot much if any. I got my orange to level 4 by running 4 alts through weekly this morning. Now I need to find the energy to do 4 weeklies on others this week.
    santargria likes this.
  4. Dolgrin Active Member

Imagine they put the Runes in Raid-Encounters...
    T1-Rune => T1-Raidmob
    T4-Rune => T4-Raidmob
    Now take, for example, a look at the guardian-class.
    How many guardians are able to kill a T4-Raidmob? 5-10 worldwide (excluding raidalts).

Now take them into PG, everyone is able to get the runes.

Of course, the amount of difficulty for raiders and non-raider should be nearly equal.

In general the idea of PG-BiS items is not bad.

But i think there are two realy bad design errors:
    1. PG is a robotic brainless grind without fun after run 42 :) or so.
    2. The runes (or tokens) should also drop on raidmobs, because raiders are the loosers. They have to do the PG-Grind and do their raiding.
    Earar likes this.
  5. Gregore Active Member

It's a mindless suckfest for BIS gear. I'd rather they didn't even put it in the game. I'd happily do without that gear to not have to grind this boring *** ****! As a raider though, I'm obligated to get all of the gear, since it's in the game! This whole XPAC has been nothing but an in-alt-friendly grindfest.! Can't wait for another game to come out that's worth playing!
    Conifur, Meneltel and Mizgamer62 like this.
  6. Earar Well-Known Member

I agree, there should have been a variation of ways to get those marks. Like in raid as u said, marks from some trash and from named .. maybe marks as shinies in the zone, I don't know ... but yeah some raiders in our guild don't have much time beside raids ... and now they are so behind. They were well geared just before the PG but now with only 9 million HP ..

and yes it's boring grind
    Kioske likes this.
  7. Kioske Well-Known Member

BiS gear outside of raids is okay, as long as it isn't 4-5-10 pieces. 1 or 2? Sure, why not, but half our raiders are wearing gear NOT dropped in raids. How does this make sense? 90% of the gear we "loot" to get to the T4 encounters isn't even looted to raiders, it either goes to an alt or it gets broken down for mats for infusers. It's been this way for about 4-5 months though, the only loot that was going to main raiders was looted from T3's until we started killing T4's. T1-2 loot pretty much went to alts all expac, because 500-600 potency on raid bosses vs 1k-1.2k on heroic bosses is a silly loot system.

http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/3257911133 - Drops off of a T3 raid boss that actually took serious effort as a guild (24 people) to kill.

http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/3725393767 - Drops off of a heroic encounter in a zone that takes 10 minutes to complete.

How does this itemization make sense to anyone?
    Mizgamer62 and Earar like this.
  8. Earar Well-Known Member

yep .. I wonder if u could manage to be top tier of your guild if u only wore loot from raid ;)
  9. Earar Well-Known Member

I still have a 9 res wrist because I can't find a better one in raid

or it is just so sought after that it costs too much DKP
  10. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Are you really surprised?
  11. Jrox Well-Known Member

Meh... I would put forth, let it drop in the raid and offer it for a grind in PG's. This creates harmony for the non-raiding type and the Raiders for end game. I have seen lots of good raiders leave over the last three weeks. Not all at once, but with an attitude of, "**** man, I don't have this kind of time" that to me is a bad sign. I know a couple of bigger raid guilds who were down more than a grp for a short period and replaced those spots with, how to say this politely, not as skilled players. Not that they won't accomplish goals. It just points to more loss of good players and the dwindling of the population.
  12. Melt Actually plays the game

To be fair, Rak'Ashiir is a relatively easy fight as well. I think my guild wiped once and it was due to our box caller's connection dropping. Other than that, it is super easy and drops decent gear. I think all in all the expert temple has the potential to be more difficult.
  13. Djwidem Member

I can say there is one good thing that came out of proving grounds.

I think there was this general idea that if everyone just had the same base stat package it would really level the playing field between all play styles as there wouldn't really be any skill differences.

Well that can be put to rest. Baddies are gonna bad.

If in the future, I ever see someone complain about how people are only better b/c of gear we have now ran an experiment which proved, nope you are just terrible.
  14. Djwidem Member

Yeah but thats also the best piece which is a rando drop.

Get like 2 every 2 months wasting 24 peoples time or get lolzors easy loot from snoozfest baddie mcgiveaway mob.
  15. Conifur Well-Known Member

I view the problem as there are too many different coin/token types in the game and none support each other. Make two (trade skill and adventure) and never change them, just increase the amounts items cost as you expand. That way as people grind the everyday TS or adventure worlds they gain something that is worthwhile and can be used to buy anything on any merchant. How many people have currency that is worthless yet you still get because the zones/quest it drops from is still a viable method to grind (there is that word again) Ascension or Tithe XP? Make one coin for adventure and one for TS - just increase the cost associated with buying items as you make them available. Then as players raid they get coins, as they adventure they get coins, as they PG they get coins, the more they do the faster they get the same coin to be used to buy gear. For TS, since the Far Seas seem to be the standard, make everything for TS from the Far Seas, then as you TS and do TS writs and quest you get coins that can be used to buy TS/house stuff. Problem solved.
  16. Melt Actually plays the game

I've raided Torsis with my guild 5 times now and I've gotten 5 wrists drop from him... Is the droprate really low?
  17. Fenin Member

It is, probably 20% at best. My guilds pretty unlucky on it, 3 drops total and been killing it every week 1-2 times for about 4 months
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

The problem with this is either 1) the prices are so high that people who started later can never afford anything or 2) people who have been playing for an expac or two can afford ALL the gear on day 1 of the new expac.

The current method puts everybody on the same level at the start of each expac
    Malleria and Snikkety like this.
  19. Earar Well-Known Member

but u also get that https://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/3982278840 and https://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/3906968281 on rak'ashiir ...

isn't he a T3 mob ? even if he is easy .. still a T3. But u can get so much better stuff (except resolve) outside of raid ... it's just insane.