[Solo]Pulling and spell casting...

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Celidya, Jan 4, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Celidya Guest

As i level up my warlock (60 now) it gets more and more annoying having to body pull anything. I'm now hunting droags in TT, and it's really a pain to pull them. I have to run, aggro, then run back, and start casting my root, usually with a few interrupts or stun, maybe a resist, and often i lost half of my health when this stupid mob is finally rooted. Even worse for any group mobs, to the point i know pull with catalyst+devastation then run and finish them when the adds are going back to there spot.

Anyway, i find that the social aggro is really boring as a mage, much more than with all my other characters. Even with my coercer it was not a problem at all since i could mezz/root/posses/charm or just send the pet while i run back. But there, no pet or anything else to help me, so here i come.

How do you pull when you have to kill social mobs while soloing ? Is there any spell or anything that helps ? I usually have to wait for health more than mana, and spend more time to pull the mob than to kill him. I didn't find any effective way to pull and not take too much damage, even if i cast the vulian daze right before the mobs hit me, they tend to cast all their CA/spells at the beginning. Null caress is even worse and i can't use it in most of the spots, i even wiped in Hidden cache because of that, and i still don't understand how a dervish can have any social affinity with a crocodile.

It's quite irritating to know that i would burn through mobs 3 times faster if i could just pick them one by one and root/nuke, and in fact i have to run in straight melee, run for 300m or even fly from a mountain to aggro and bring a mob with me somewhere else (lots of fun to be a fae with that :smileytongue:).

So any advice for pulling is welcome :smileytongue:

My second point, is about spell casting, and the spell orders.

I think it would be nice to share how you do when soloing, i'm not sure i have the best order for my spells but here what i usually do:

-body pull then run back
    -vulian if needed when the mobs are coming to avoid getting interrupted (maybe)
    -single root
    -then i run back, debuff resist, then aura of nihility
    -HO, devastation + big nuke + soul blister, or if devastation is not up: HO, big nuke, stun, soul blister
    -re root if needed and wait for refresh

Sometimes if i need to kill the mob fast i use absolution instead of soul blister, although less effective mana wise, i tend not to double root most of the time since the mob dies fast enough. I never use pet, dots, netherous realm or anything else while soloing (only for emergency situations, when i have many mobs to kill as fast as i can and i just cast everything i can not to die). Any tips to improve that ? :smileyhappy:
  2. ARCHIVED-KabsReds Guest

as far as pulling goes, if you drop your proc gear you can pull with concussive without drawing aggro from social mobs, works like surveil used to.

As for solos pell chains, blue^ or less, open with concussive then root when it's safe - use vulian if they get too close, back up, corrupt gift, aura, debuff, apoc, void distortion then whatever feels good, lots of health i'll hit them withvoid absolution otherwise just pile on the dots and keep soul blister cycling.

just my way anyway and it seems to work :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Celidya Guest

I just tried the pull with concussive, it works great :smileyvery-happy:

That will make my soloing A LOT easier now, lol, i wish i found that before.
  4. ARCHIVED-Sesskia Guest

Concusive pulling sounds like a great tactic which I was not aware of before now...

Thanks.

Ill def have to try it out, those social mobs annoy me something rotten :)
  5. ARCHIVED-KabsReds Guest

as long as you have no procs on it'll work just fine, and vulian doesn't work for the record :p
  6. ARCHIVED-Astornoth Guest

Well There is alsaw oen tactic not mention above.Use your punny pet 2 pull(Netherlord).As U finish casting it on one mob whole encounter will agro U,but w/o damage taken ,that`s how U prevent social agro,ofcourse they`ll run 2 U and at half way they`ll be intecept by your pet(hopefully if he manage 2 hit :p).And U got plenty of time 2 cast AoE root or single root depends on what U fight.Warlock pets are so weak they die alsmost instantly so no root breaks at least.That way all nasty DoT`s and spells will be casted on your pet ,I used 2 use that tactic many times it works very well.