Solo Paladin?

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Vinny, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Vinny Member

Hiya folks,

I'm returning to the game and looking to try a Paladin for solo play, I already have a zeker and a SK. I assume for solo i'll be using 2 handers, how do Pally's do dps wise? Will it take me forever to kill quest mobs, or will the mobs die at a decent speed?

Thanks!
  2. Naneeje Well-Known Member

Many threads like this, but yours stands out for one reason, you have a zerker and sk.
    For solo, there is nothing a Paladin can't do, we just do it slower. A lot of changes were made to support any class with DPS with ascension which is a smack ton of dps for any class.
    However, they have done really well with Pallies this expansion. Our heals are faster cast, our DPS end lines are good, and we have many options on how to set up a versatile Paladin for any type of combat.
    If you look at my spec, I am still tweaking it, but I have a great solo play build. Not much in hate gain, but I have no problems smacking mobs down right now. I don't take much damage at all.

I recommend getting at least one ascension up to 15, Etherealist, as there is a wide range of good aoe grenades.
    I am not top notch by any means anymore, too much time at work and family, but since launch of POP, it's been fun. I actually am back to finishing work early just to come home and play again. I haven't done that in a while.

So, your questions:
    No to two handers. They are possible, and effective, but when I tried out the best I could find, I lost a lot of proc damage, especially from the epic 2.0 Curve'renda or whatever that name is on the shield.
    I also enjoy using our knockdowns in succession because some of the graphics on different mobs when they fall is quite funny. But effectively, sword and board.
    How do pally's dps? Not great, but nothing to complain about. DPS'rs need to play scouts and mages. We are a tank first. That doesn't stop us from getting up there in numbers.
    To answer your last question, even with crap gear from this POP expansion, you will kill mobs fast enough to get out of zones before dinner :)

I must say though, having two of the best DPS tanks in game, why would you want to swap now? :)
  3. Milchbart Active Member

I agree with Naneeje. Paladins are working quite well today and with ascension their weekest point very low dps disapeared nearly.
    I also never use a twohander.
    This is maybe my own playstyle, but I run solo always in defensive stance. Ok, dps goes down a little, but to kill a pala in defensive stance is really difficult.
    Naneeje likes this.