Solo Dungeon's Killing Off My Alts

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Evilary, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Evilary Well-Known Member

I guess that Daybreak is killing off my alts one by one with these solo dungeons. I had trouble getting my main past these as the Mercenaries don't do squat for you in the dungeons. My conjuror is retiring I guess. He cannot make it past the first boss in the Vale Invasion. I tried redoing my AA's 3 times. Last time I found a conjuror raider and copied his. I cannot get the boss below 35% before he eats my face.

I'll be keeping him as he's my Sage but I guess his adventure gear gets hung up. Probably a safe bet that I can hang up my Necro's as well. We'll see how my Shadowknight and Paladin manage. My scouts already had to hang it up last expansion....

I really wish it was possible to do the quests and level without these dungeons. Not everyone enjoys them.
  2. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Tanks maybe (but hard time beleiving).. but to say your conjy can't get through solo zone is an indicator that you're doing something wrong.

Healers and support are usual suspects for it being harder in solos, not a tank or a top dps class no less.
    Smashey, Aggy and SolarFaire like this.
  3. Evilary Well-Known Member

Well tell me what to do then? I have looked up everything I can. Looked up multiple specs. Looked up multiple strategies. My health just starts dropping, I keep aggro even though my pet should. There is nothing I can change to make it make one bit of difference.

So tell me oh great one, what do I do???
  4. Bentenn Well-Known Member

I don't know.. I don't play a conjy, but i've been drug through by conjy's and Bl's that are bored and usually the entire solo zone takes about 6 mins tops.. the most is from running. I'm just saying. Maybe reach out to the mage forum and ask a conjy for some help /shrug. I'm just telling you it's not broken.
  5. Evilary Well-Known Member

No, you was saying it's my fault. If you had offered the suggestions that was one thing, but you had to tell a person who is having trouble, it's your fault. It probably is my fault, I was able to run the shattered unrest solo with this character and had a load of fun doing it. We come to this expansion and poof, even with legendary hand me downs from my main, I cannot solo the first boss of a REQUIRED instance to continue leveling and get better. Since I cannot do other things and come back when I have more levels and better gear, I am stuck. Sure it's probably my fault but I do lay some of the blame on Daybreak for creating a solo dungeon that the first boss ignores the pet aggro mechanic's that they create. Since my pet cannot do anything, I have to tank it. I'm not set up to tank it...so I die.

But great first post, see a man down a struggling. No offer of help. Just tell him it's his fault and kick him.
  6. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Umm no I didn't kick you while you were down. I simply said after you said it was DPG's fault (cause you did blame someone else), that you're probably doing something wrong. Had I kicked you while you were down, it would've been a much different statement.

The only thing I did wrong was to assume, see what I did there, that you would reach out to the people that play those classes after I said you're doing something wrong.

So here is help then....

Mages | EverQuest 2 Forums (daybreakgames.com)

reach out to the above link and ask the question. When you ask the question, give you toon name and make sure their eq2u profile is open and I'm sure you will receive much more help.
    Aggy and Dude like this.
  7. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, are you activating the field medic rune attached to your shoulders? Just the one from the gear box makes a massive difference in staying alive.
    SolarFaire likes this.
  8. Evilary Well-Known Member

I said it was Daybreaks fault for making it a requirement that you have to do the dungeon. Tell me where I am wrong? Go on, I'm waiting.

You used to be able to level without stepping foot in a dungeon if you wanted to. Now, it's not available except for I guess maybe buying the potions off the researcher which would require months of time invested not playing your character.
    GrunEQ likes this.
  9. Evilary Well-Known Member

The lockbox gave me timed attacks rune for my shoulder and I do not see a rune that says anything about field medic in the lockbox. Is it somewhere else by chance?
  10. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

hmmm I must be mistaken where I got that starter field medic from. I think it might've been from the pandas.

I definitely remember using a Non-Renewal Of Ro field medic rune from the start of the expansion, and it was only a few days ago that I upgraded to a Zimaran version.
    SolarFaire likes this.
  11. Evilary Well-Known Member

I found it on the Panda. I'll give it a shot and good news is I can put it in my belt slot for now until I run across a boss that requires the stun, mez, or other runes.
    Twyla and Cusashorn like this.
  12. Evilary Well-Known Member

Ok, the field medic made a world of difference. Apparently it's required for my conjuror but my main didn't know anything about it... Either way, I'm progressing again.

Still would like it if they could make a path around the dungeons and let us hit them when we cap.
    GrunEQ and SolarFaire like this.
  13. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Your wait is over. They did away with grinding levels back in POP. You’ve had to level via completing the quest line, which means solos along the way. This year more than ever you’ve had to make sure to complete all the quests. Last years solos were way harder. The days of grinding do or setting your pet to auto grind xp are gone.

So it looks like you were missing runes then. Field medic has been a thing for three expac now.
    Aggy and SolarFaire like this.
  14. Evilary Well-Known Member

Well, I have 7 characters that made it to 125 without the field medic rune so it wasn't much of a thing. I don't know why you ever bothered to respond to this post to begin with. Every post you make you read as condescending and unhelpful.
    Pixistik and Siren like this.
  15. Bakual New Member

I didn't use the field medic and neither the merc with my conjuror and he did fine.
    The most important part imho is having at least expert spells. That makes a huge difference. Use the scout (air) pet, not the mage (fire) one.
    And make sure to have deity pets, mount and familiar active for their buffs. If you miss one of them, it gets a ton harder.

Other than that I haven't had any troubles. And with a bit better equip, conjurors burn through this instances while sleeping. The pet can basically solo the nameds (once initial damage is done by the conjuror) quite soon.
  16. Aenile Member

did you equip/gear your merc?

you can use the stuff from the free box

also, be careful when using Vampiric when doing solos

and lastly

don't post asking a question if you are going to be afraid of feedback from people
  17. Tiberon New Member

Doing the heroic opportunities when needed? The are required early on before you get OP. Usually the issue.
  18. Evilary Well-Known Member

No, I'm doing the heroic opportunities. Field medic rune has made it possible for my conjuror to scrape by, barely. It seems like my conjuror isn't wearing any armor at all. I noticed an overland solo regular mob was doing hits of 1.5 billion to him. I know clothies are more fragile but my main is a wizard and can take a hit better than this...
  19. vlada Active Member

i have 4billion HP. im an illy
  20. Evilary Well-Known Member

Umm...Congratulations I guess??? I'm not sure what that brought to the table. I said I was being hit for 1.5 billion by regular overland mobs. With 4 billion hp, that means you can take 3 hits before you die???
    rutro likes this.