Solo - Aggro - Dots Post 24

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Garandhire, Nov 29, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Hidohebhi Guest

I thought you left for WoW Draagun.
  2. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

The named bosses in TS from lvl's 23-26 drop tons of necro adepts, that's why qeynos has so many. I have been grouping there recently and have received many of my spells to adept1, try there too. Also, no problems with soloing 2-3 lvl mobs above me and getting no aggro. Agree that its play style and not a bug.
  3. ARCHIVED-Telaris Guest

It's pretty simple if you don't want aggro, let your pet hit the mob first or do minimal damage first then let pet attack...and do not cast on the mob until it has lost at least a bubble.

My method:(try it, if you don't like it dont use it)

Pull mob to me with Lightning (Level 3 Spell): so it does next to nothing damage.
    Tell PET to ATTACK
    As mob is about to hit me - Petrify (Adept I)
    Back off - while backed off pet beats the snot out of mob
    Mob never even looks at me....

At one buble down: Static Pulse, Bludgening Earth, Siesism, and Blight.
    Fire up the HO with Dust Blast, nuke with HO.
    Cycle Statis Pulse and Bludgening Earth until dead.

Rinse Repeat - This way mob dies fast and you can even tap your pet for Power if needed after the fight.

One thing I have noticed and its a bug (make sure your pet is hitting the mob even if you tell it to attack) sometimes the pet is a **mods 4 teh win!!1!** and forgets to attack the mob then you need to tell pet to back off then attack. In this case you may have to root and wait for petrify to cycle to stack on the dots.

Good luck....PLEASE SOMEONE MAKE THE ADEPT III level 24 pet....the App3 is not powerful enough (good but not good enough)
  4. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

Going to make it once our guild sage hits lvl 24. Have the palladium already.
  5. ARCHIVED-Ggiirr Guest

On EQ1, they had different drop rates for each server. If I remember correctly, nameless had more PP drop than other servers... so on so forth. Usually though, the rate is pretty slight and most people wont notice it, except for the one thing they made stand out more than others.
  6. ARCHIVED-reefus Guest

i also have no problem solo'n white yellow or orange solo mobs,...except when the pet dancing around bug happens. for some reason whenver this happens the pet gets beat down twice as fast and gains NO agro.

that being sad im gald to see other having the same issues as myself and actually seeing that indeed our class isnt up to par with others. i think the ones who dont see it either duo or trio, and dont group with enc's.

my main form of CC is to have my pet off tank one of the adds...but 50% of the time i do this my pet and said add run all over the place or get stuck in walls and disappear. my main form of solo'n involes sending my pet in first, 30% of the time my pet does the dance thing. ive tried to root then send in pet and petrify and send in pet, but my pet rarely is able to pull agro back if i cast on a mob first (yes my pet iss app3 or better) i really dont see how this could go live and stay this way. does it not bother anybody else or is everybody else just saying "ah well its not like i paid 50bucks for the game and soon will be required to pay 13 a month, i dont care if my pet classes pet is broken"

i dont really care if im underpowered when compared to theirs,as long as i get groups. it makes me feel like dead weight, like im holding my guild down or grops down. but now it seems more and more groups are realising there are plenty of better DPS options then summoners. everyday i seem to spend more time LFG. and yes this isnt just a nec thing our goody 2 shoe counterpart conjurers are having the same issues. and please dont say i dont know how to play my class or have bad spells and all that crap. this is a rather simple class, and a rather simple game to learn. (not that thats a bad thing)

and please b4 you flame and say necs are fine sit back and think logically and do what an earlier poster said. look at the other forums, you wont see nearly as much complaining about class playability.
    a few people complaining is one things but counting just this post, it seems its about 50 50. half happy or at least willing to deal with it half pissed and think we need to be fixed. and thats just this one post, overall id say 60% of necs arent pleased 40% are.

not sure about you but if i ran a company and was only pleasing half of my customers, or half of my customers were complaining about my product i'd have to take a serious look at my produect
  7. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

If you look on the nec forums, a majority of the unhappy nec posts are your own.